How Long Should You Wait to Call A Woman After She Gives You Her Number?

Options
Plutarch
Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2012 in For The Grown & Sexy
We all know this classic dilemma. So does it depend on anything? Does it matter? From my way, the consensus seems to be 2-3 days. But I've heard everything from 24 hours to one week to 10 days. And I know smartphones and texting has changed the game, but you still gotta make that call, so what say you?

Ladies, add your 2 cents also.

(ps, i made this thread some time ago, but it was mysteriously deleted, so i'm doing a repeat after being reminded again)

Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I text within 24 hrs. The key is not to be thirsty but not make it so far apart that you get the "who is this?" response. When do I actually ring her phone though? Depends on her.
  • Cinco
    Cinco Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I tell her when ima call her.
    Usually it's "ima call u tomorrow." Or when I get back in town.
    No use in waiting
  • Bawse D.Lox
    Bawse D.Lox Members Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they say 2- 3 days. but i call em the same night.
    9/10, when u do call em the same night. they'll tell u they're busy/ about 2 go some where, and they'll call u back later. but usually they'll call you 2-3 days later. off bat, u already know what type of shawty u dealing with.
  • sweetheart93
    sweetheart93 Members Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    My fiance called me the same day he got my number.
  • Tommy_Milfhitta
    Tommy_Milfhitta Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It depends on who you dealing with really. If shawty is that interested in u do u think u wud lose points if u call her next day? Or sameday for that matter? U can't put a timescale to this B, it ain't a maths equation, there's no formula, u just need to be able to read the situation u in really well.
  • frostyicy
    frostyicy Members Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I concur with the 2 or 3 days consensus.

If you like me I get the number and call her right there in front of her so she can have my number too. Then I hit her up few days later. If she feeling you when you get her number she will remember who you are a few days later.

Most of the time they hit me up first.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wait till she Facebook, once a ? Facebook, you know she is down to ? .

As for phone numbers 2-3 days imo
  • 1800skypager
    1800skypager Members Posts: 671 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Call whenever you feel like it papo. It's better to give the girl your # instead of you getting hers though.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? kind of ? is this to ask
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a week. but only if she gave you head the day she met you.
    Cant be wasting daytime minutes on hoes not willing to meet you halfway.
  • God-I_Am_Ether
    God-I_Am_Ether Members Posts: 3,409
    Options
    Do you mean text?
  • Lurker6
    Lurker6 Members Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When I have something to say to her
  • Lord Ether
    Lord Ether Members Posts: 736 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • mr.jamrock
    mr.jamrock Members Posts: 435 ✭✭✭
    Options
    fail! i give hoe's my number that way she hit me up. Unlike dudes chicks dont worry about pride they will get at you if their interested.
  • God-I_Am_Ether
    God-I_Am_Ether Members Posts: 3,409
    Options
    ? tweet her only.
  • nepats
    nepats Members Posts: 406 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mr.jamrock wrote: »
    fail! i give hoe's my number that way she hit me up. Unlike dudes chicks dont worry about pride they will get at you if their interested.

Hoes dont got pride?? depends which type of ? you dealin with. If you dealin with a ? from the hood you better believe she got pride. But if its some suburban white ? she probably aint that aggressive.

i would call after 2 days

• juan travolta
    juan travolta Members Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Folk are still doin' this waitin' silliness in 2012?...

lol I didn't even do that when everyone else was doin' back when I was 14...

I get the number...txt her the next day...I don't really talk on the phone much...(Skype FTW)...So its unlikely I will call her at any point...

If you call her the next day, she'll only think you're a thirsty ? if the conversation is weak and you don't have a rapport
  • frostyicy
    frostyicy Members Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ women "don't wory about pride."

Right....
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I understand the logic in giving her your own number but that always seemed unnatural to me. I dont know. Besides, I've picked up numbers before and then changed my mind to not call the next day, but if she had my number then I'd be stuck. I agree with what most people said, but for me, I guess it all depends on one thing or another. In most cases, if you real and not desperate or manipulative, it shouldnt matter too much anyway.

Ladies are usually the first ones to text anyway if they have your number. And I don't use twitter or facebook, so that's a no go for me anyway.
  • mr.jamrock
    mr.jamrock Members Posts: 435 ✭✭✭
    Options
    listen not all women are hoe's apologies. But dudes over think females if they want you they go for it, dudes act scared as if rejection is a death sentence. I only give my number because you never know how she may feel the next day, eff it if she take's you're number and uses it she is interested am i correct?
  • 1800skypager
    1800skypager Members Posts: 671 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes. If you are for certain that a broad is on your ? all you gotta do is rap her up a bit give her your # and it's a done deal. If a broad is on your ? she WILL call you. When she calls arrange something (preferably something intimate) pick her brain and go from there...
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    call her immediately to verify its a real number...

I do the same ? ...

I kinda can tell what type of maturity level the chick is on...If she's on some phone tag ? , making it like she's so busy and ? ...those are the ones I tend to not go so hard for...I hate them chicks lol....you make time for what you wanna make time for is what my ex told me....

But..I tend to call and if she hits me with the "Ima call you back"...I delete the number...If she real and wanna get to know me..her word is solid if not...oh well.. it wasn't meant...Life is short...no time to runnin up behind a grown woman..