2-Chainz #s drew strong emotions: Which HipHop artist success frustrates you the most?

Options

Comments

• LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion. wrote: »
    Dayum this ? Hrap has almost a thousand Trolls and he in jail. I think that's like 3 more trolls till the IC's robocop come out & clap you..... I aint never seen no ? like that LOLOL. Not sure how you gonna fix that problem bruh ! Looooololololololollol

Better hope BostonDro dont see this post LOLOL

Bring em out, bring em out, bring em out, it's hard to yell when tha ba-rrel's in ya mouth
  • BostonDro
    BostonDro Members Posts: 344 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Dayum this ? Hrap has almost a thousand Trolls and he in jail. I think that's like 3 more trolls till the IC's robocop come out & clap you..... I aint never seen no ? like that LOLOL. Not sure how you gonna fix that problem bruh ! Looooololololololollol

He doing a great job of ? himself over, it's only a matter of time before he gets clapped just like it was only a matter of time before he was demoded. This site will be a lot better without him, ? , maybe he'll take his pet with him.
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For any of the Brothers that missed the original post this is it. Please read it slowly and very carefully.

I used the word ARTISTs to include DJs, producers & rappers.

I see a lot of anger and frustration on rap blogs over success, for example YMCMB's Drake & Wayne; the people who salute their success are labeled as cappers who cap for them. I recognize that rap-forums are more or less an outlet for the anonymous to vent their hurt, anger, and frustration without fear of retribution but some take it to the extreme with the success-hatred.

One avatar said Nas took an L because He had the worst first week sales of his career but the normal people countered that the music on the album was superb and he had the 2nd best HipHop sales of 2012.

I have a feeling that when the HipHop Forbes ranking drops later this month there will be more venting of frustrations.

Some people say that nothing aggravates a loser more than seeing someone elses success so what artist success hurts, frustrates, annoys, and angers you the most?

Now that you have read the original post go back through the thread and look at the responses.

tumblr_m78c2nn2j81qke7o2o1_500.gif

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    the only thing that used to frustrate me is when one of my favorite artist like a phonte ( from the group lil brother) doesn't get the same radio airplay or the same media hype as a 2chainz or drake...

i really don't listen to the radio or watch to much tv, but a lot of people do and if they were to hear a phonte track or see one of his videos, for example, maybe they will go buy his album or go to one of his shows effectively prolonging his career. which would be a W for me...

• H-Rap 180
    Options
    the only thing that used to frustrate me is when one of my favorite artist like a phonte ( from the group lil brother) doesn't get the same radio airplay or the same media hype as a 2chainz or drake...

i really don't listen to the radio or watch to much tv, but a lot of people do and if they were to hear a phonte track or see one of his videos, for example, maybe they will go buy his album or go to one of his shows effectively prolonging his career. which would be a W for me...

I'm a huge fan of LB especially Tigallo. 9th been promoting Jamla heavy on his Twitter, I hope he's successful with that.

I dont know if you knew this but "Lovin it" got denied airplay on B.E.T 106 because they said the subject matter was too mature for their audience. Charity Starts at Home was criminally slept on but it never got the hype and the push that it deserved.

I'm glad that more and more established artists like JayZ & Ross are taking the initiative to sign and push non-traditional artists like J.Cole & Stalley. Mainstream success is cool but the essence of the culture lives in the underground.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »

I'm a huge fan of LB especially Tigallo. 9th been promoting Jamla heavy on his Twitter, I hope he's successful with that.

I dont know if you knew this but "Lovin it" got denied airplay on B.E.T 106 because they said the subject matter was too mature for their audience. Charity Starts at Home was criminally slept on but it never got the hype and the push that it deserved.

I'm glad that more and more established artists like JayZ & Ross are taking the initiative to sign and push non-traditional artists like J.Cole & Stalley. Mainstream success is cool but the essence of the culture lives in the underground.

9th got quite a crew, Rapsody is real nice

NC Hip hop coming up
  • H-Rap 180
    Options

9th got quite a crew, Rapsody is real nice

NC Hip hop coming up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgU9IDT8In0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I don't care of people say 9ths drums all sound the same, them ? knock.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hahaha im loving this
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I Heard h-rap was on TRT since five to fight ? tendencies but i guess that didn't work
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

right..... that's what is frustrating. if an artist doesn't already have a big fan base or if they don't fit into a certain mode its hard for them to break into the mainstream consciousness, so they can reach a wider audience...

yea underground success is cool, but the more people you reach the better ....

*shrugs*
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    id be willing to bet 50 Cent's success frustrates h-rap and gee
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao at somebody is talking about emotions, read through this whole ? and you will see who has the emotions...

But anyway, I don't get frustrated over rappers, only when they do dumb ? that effects their music
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    its no hate its apart of the game labels buying records,ghostwriters, fake beef, lawsuits, hip hop cops, extortion,etc.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    LMAO at the last 2 pages.... I CANT ? BREATHE
    Son is gettin Zeus-slapped left and right.
  • H-Rap 180
    Options

right..... that's what is frustrating. if an artist doesn't already have a big fan base or if they don't fit into a certain mode its hard for them to break into the mainstream consciousness, so they can reach a wider audience...

yea underground success is cool, but the more people you reach the better ....

*shrugs*

The only way to combat the mainstream bias is to take more advantage of social media and self promotion, you gotta step your visual game up and grind it out.
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

if you don't listen to a lot of radio or watch too much tv why the ? you worried about who on it?
    how is the next ? career gettin prolonged a W for you?
  • BackInWhite
    Options
    all this talk about pokemon......? shenco
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • GeE-757
    GeE-757 Members Posts: 6,441
    edited August 2012
    Options
    riddlerap wrote: »

WTF IS U TALKIN ABOUT CRACKA?? DOO DOO CANT EVEN RELEASE A ALBUM WHEN HE WANTZ 2 CUZ HE FINISH;D I SMILE WATCHIN HIM DIE(MUSICALLY)! LOL

SION I UNDERSTAND U WANNAB A DONKEY LIKE THAT LAME WHITE MEXICAN ICESISSY & ALL BUT DAMN HOW IS U GONNA THREATEN 2 BAN ME FA ABUSIN SUM REACTION ? BUT LAUF & JOKE ABOUT A ? AZZ CRACKA MALE STALKIN ? LIKE BOSTONHOE WHO B ABUSIN DA REACTION ? ?? DAMN DA REASON HAS FELL OFF EVERY SINCE DA LAME MODZ HAVE BEEN TRYNA GET THEY DONKEY ON! SMH
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
  • BostonDro
    BostonDro Members Posts: 344 ✭✭✭
    Options
    GeE-757 wrote: »
    riddlerap wrote: »

WTF IS U TALKIN ABOUT CRACKA?? DOO DOO CANT EVEN RELEASE A ALBUM WHEN HE WANTZ 2 CUZ HE FINISH;D I SMILE WATCHIN HIM DIE(MUSICALLY)! LOL

SION I UNDERSTAND U WANNAB A DONKEY LIKE THAT LAME WHITE MEXICAN ICESISSY & ALL BUT DAMN HOW IS U GONNA THREATEN 2 BAN ME FA ABUSIN SUM REACTION ? BUT LAUF & JOKE ABOUT A ? AZZ CRACKA MALE STALKIN ? LIKE BOSTONHOE WHO B ABUSIN DA REACTION ? ?? DAMN DA REASON HAS FELL OFF EVERY SINCE DA LAME MODZ HAVE BEEN TRYNA GET THEY DONKEY ON! SMH

I never abused the reaction feature, you were flagged appropriately everytime. That's why I have never been warned or talked to about it. Everyone knows your a dim witted ? troll so its only a matter of time before you and your handler hrap are gone for good. And this site will be a lot better off without 2 racist trolls constantly on here annoying everyone one.
  • BackInWhite
    Options
    this site will be nothing without gee and h-rap
    smgdh.....who else can tie in anything with DA HIGHEST SELLIN ARTIST IN HIP HOP BEIN A WHITE RACIST REDNECK!!!!