Imitating a culture. Could it be so flattering that it becomes disrespectful?

Options
God-I_Am_Ether
God-I_Am_Ether Members Posts: 3,409
edited August 2012 in For The Grown & Sexy
Say like these asain girls. The ones into ganguro. the word ganguro translates to "blackface" or "charbroiled face", meaning heavily sunburned face.

UPkHn.png

V5N45.png

uU0F1.png

VaXdn.png

zclJ7.png

How about wiggers or Uncle toms too?

These people obviously aren't racist and it seems that they are highly impressed by the culture they try to imitate but even if their purpose is to pay homage can it be plain ol disrespectful?

Comments

• TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Lol@ ? king... Come out lookin like B-Rad from Malibu... Everybody loves us kinda
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Asians are racist as ? , they're pretty much the only people that'll put a ? King sign up...
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only reason ? like that occurs... Neanderthals still caught up on skin color and gossip..

Nothing keeps stereotypes relevant like pretentious gossip and ignorance..

Keep up the good work
  • God-I_Am_Ether
    Options
    ? is not a racist slur in other places.
  • Billy_Poncho
    edited August 2012
    Options

Racist slurs are racist slurs even if you don't know about em. It ain't like "? " is some underground racist slur, ? has OG status. If I call you a ? in German, it's still an insult even if you don't know what I'm sayin.
  • God-I_Am_Ether
    Options
    Will_89 wrote: »

Racist slurs are racist slurs even if you don't know about em. It ain't like "? " is some underground racist slur, ? has OG status. If I call you a ? in German, it's still an insult even if you don't know what I'm sayin.

It's not an insult if you don't know it's an insult.
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Word to Elvis...
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rofl @ ? king. that ? is too funny to be offended.
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    "? King" indeed.

2rhr9lf.jpg
  • Billy_Poncho
    Options
    Will_89 wrote: »

It's not an insult if you don't know it's an insult.

I guess bruh...

• High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Covet wrote: »
    "? King" indeed.

24n0ly8.jpg
    where can i get some of this black ? ?

You a white chick, right?

Just walk outside.

• VulcanRaven
    edited August 2012
    Options
    "? King" indeed.

24n0ly8.jpg
    I used to have that video on my comp at least I think that's the broad that was in it.
  • VulcanRaven
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Covet wrote: »
    "? King" indeed.

24n0ly8.jpg
    where can i get some of this black ? ?
    Ask Kat since yall both in Houston.You becky.

• keez.
    keez. Members Posts: 546 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Asians are in my opinion some of the biggest "culture vultures" ever, especially with their involvement in Hip-Hop. I've seen the stereotypical Chinese kids who all the way through to 9th grade academically excel then stunningly transform into "Hood Official Gangsters" and ? . Going from pocket-protectors, Pokemon and mathematics to "I'm a Triad who slangs coke"...GTFOH, you used to ask for me to walk you home and protect you from the "bad people". I would personally burn down that "N****r King" store and anybody stupid enough to support such garbage.
  • keez.
    Options
    Asians are in my opinion some of the biggest "culture vultures" ever, especially with their involvement in Hip-Hop. I've seen the stereotypical Chinese kids who all the way through to 9th grade academically excel then stunningly transform into "Hood Official Gangsters" and ? . Going from pocket-protectors, Pokemon and mathematics to "I'm a Triad who slangs coke"...GTFOH, you used to ask for me to walk you home and protect you from the "bad people". I would personally burn down that "N****r King" store and anybody stupid enough to support such garbage.
  • keez.
    Options
  • keez.
    Options
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The characters in the ? KING pic translate to Black Man King so i think its just an old usage of ? as black
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its funny how u never see this ? with Indian or Israeli culture.

Global Americanization has really affected other countries. Corporate execs been exploiting blak american culture and shopping that ? overseas. Blaxploitation aint dead
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That ? ignorant as ? ... Those ? know that ? is offensive... It's 2012...
  • MrLunatik1979
    MrLunatik1979 Members Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In many languages it means black, things get lost in translation I doubt there was any malice intended.

• Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Negroes should be happy someone wants their pathetic execuse of a culture to be imitated, but it's the very weak who love it, there are regular blacks who hate this so called hip hop culture and do not respect nor participate, it's the darkness of this world. Mark my words hip hop and islam will join together and create an evil of the anti-christ.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That ? is funny as hell. Funny black people the only ones that have a problem with this. When Japanese cats were running around looking like Asian version of Grease. You didnt see white people up in a uproar. MFer what to be hated so much they making up haters.
  • God-I_Am_Ether
    Options
    What about wiggers?
    Xn5TG.png

• Billy_Poncho
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    Negroes should be happy someone wants their pathetic execuse of a culture to be imitated, but it's the very weak who love it, there are regular blacks who hate this so called hip hop culture and do not respect nor participate, it's the darkness of this world. Mark my words hip hop and islam will join together and create an evil of the anti-christ.

Bout sick of your polyester suit, Walmart aviator shades wearin ass. How's it feel that those white people you hover around laugh behind your back at the very idea that you think you're their friend?