11. Pitbull – $9.5 million
12. Rick Ross/Wiz Khalifa – $9 million
14. Snoop Dogg- $8.5 million
15. 50 Cent – $7.5 million
16. Swizz Beatz/Pharrell/Young Jeezy – $7 million
19. Mac Miller- $6.5 million
20. Akon/Timbaland/Tech N9ne/ – $6 million

- Forbes

all that exposure and albums sales/ tours and ross only #12, lol mmg is a weak empire

Comments

• Gen. Stasia
    Gen. Stasia Members Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tech N9ne is the ? TRUTH. Simple as that. Shout out to Nicki Republican ass tho for making the Top 10 thats Huge for a Female rapper to do.
  • blackbloc
    blackbloc Members Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tech n9ne fans lets keep it real he is not underground rap anymore , ? he hasn't been for a while now
  • blackbloc
    Options
    Cain1 wrote: »
    Tech N9ne is a wack ass rapper but his hustle can't be denied. Damn Pitbull making money after he changed his image. Dre caking up off them headphones especially since all he did was sign his name on them. Monster Cable did all the work and HTC bought the company.
    true , but jimmy's marketing and dre's name is what sold those over priced average headphones

• blackbloc
    Options
    i wonder where ludacris money came from ? is that fast five money ?
  • Gen. Stasia
    Gen. Stasia Members Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackbloc wrote: »
    tech n9ne fans lets keep it real he is not underground rap anymore , ? he hasn't been for a while now

But he's still independent right?
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    May never see Detox, those headphones are Dres cash king now.
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Heres the other Part of the list

wale-mmg-chain.jpg

Cash Princes: Honorable Mention

Wale barely missed the Cash Kings list (for more, read "Inside Wale's Best Year Yet"), as did Roc Nation rapper J. Cole, both pulling in close to $5 million on the year. Kid Cudi, Tyga and Lupe Fiasco also had big years, but not enough to ? the top 20.

It’s a few moments before the scheduled start of my video interview with Wale (see below), but we may have to wait. The rapper is hunched over a coffee table, feverishly flipping through the FORBES Celebrity 100 issue, and he can’t get over how much Kanye West made last year.

“If we’re playing five-on-five, I want more points than y’all,” he tells me a few minutes later. “Maybach Music Group is my team, I want us to have more than y’all. I don’t even need [money], but I just want more than y’all because it makes my raps a lot flyer that way.”

That competitive nature has set the rapper on a course to stardom, as his recent success shows. Wale grossed over $20,000 per night while performing more than 75 concerts over the past year; his new album, Ambition, provided the soundtrack. Over the past 12 months, he pulled in nearly $5 million, narrowly missing the Hip-Hop Cash Kings list.

Earning money wasn’t always so simple for him. Born Olubowale Victor Akintimehin to Nigerian parents in Washington, D.C., Wale spent the first decade of his life growing up in a one-bedroom apartment before his family decamped for the more spacious suburbs. Along the way, he developed a drive to attain something more.

“I never had money; I like nice things, but I don’t let that run my life,” he says. “At the same time, I have to let something drive me … so now I let the money drive me.”

It’s a curious statement for a rapper who initially found support among the backpack set for quirky offerings like his Seinfeld-themed Mixtape About Nothing. Then again, he’s made the transition from being an indie artist rapping about his gritty roots to joining Rick Ross’s major label-backed Maybach Music Group in only a few short years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GoYRRGsJtck

And therein lies the source of his ambition—he’s an intellectual yet world-weary artist who’s as interested in political statements as he is bank statements. Which is to say, fairly interested in both. Coupled with his relatively hardscrabble upbringing, his competitive nature makes him want to have more than the next guy, indie roots be damned.

For now, he’s taking a conservative approach to managing his recent earnings. He says he’s holding back on spending while trying to put together a line of hats, branded drinking water and a couple of deals with professional athletes (he wouldn’t offer any names).

“I don’t want to be one of those guys that you see who made $4 million, invested $3.5 million, and now you work at Wendy’s,” he says. “I want to get the highest score on Pacman or Frogger … [and] I want to make sure I’m on the FORBES list in a year or two.”

So far, so good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF5DR72qNZw&feature=player_embedded
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Shout out to Ross and Pitbull...
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dre got everybody beat by a long run..
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    whats tech n9ne doing?
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i'm surprsied to see mac miller on the list and not wiz. the rest looks about right Dre is killing
  • 704Hustla
    704Hustla Members Posts: 838 ✭✭✭
    Options
    damn dr dre topped the list and even put out an album in like 13 years

suprised to to seem at only 6mil i thought he might've been higher

and young money is killin it tho they in the top 10
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • H-Rap 180
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    i'm surprsied to see mac miller on the list and not wiz. the rest looks about right Dre is killing

Wiz is tied at #12

Mac Millier moved about 350K copies on an Indie & did two major tours in the U.S. & U.K.

The white consumers love Mac Miller.

• MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i don't see the king of the south
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »

Wiz is tied at #12

Mac Millier moved about 350K copies on an Indie & did two major tours in the U.S. & U.K.

The white consumers love Mac Miller.

I missed Wiz on my 1st look. and I forgot his indy album did big numbers. and he has whitey behind
    him
    blackbloc wrote: »
    i wonder where ludacris money came from ? is that fast five money ?

That ? got several businesses. I know he own's some restaurants b/c there was a story about how he got a spot in ATL's airport over Jay's 40/40 club.
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How Luda made that much??
  • H-Rap 180
    Options
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn dre made a 110 mil in a year?
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wiz is on there at like 9 mil..
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Akon Not Making The GaGa Gwap?
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    all them folks winning
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Amber Rose won
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    $18M of that $35 million going to Kim.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dre must have sold his shares in Beats to pull that type of money, only time i've seen money like that is when 50 sold Vitamin Water and Jay sold Rocawear. He must of cashed out