Chicago rapper Jojo releases beef video gets killed

Options

Comments

• trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ear2DaSt wrote: »
    dem new orleans boyz migrated to chi-town!

bro the chi been like this for long time, i jus dont think itz been this bad..

• Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackbloc wrote: »
    when your under 19 busting you gun is nothing , young ? with too much money and too much pride? jealousy led to him getting clapped. he could of easily came up just rapping about anything, but he had to try to come up on others ? grind by dissing them. now he dead

You know the real rap gods, typical trap star turned rap star
    These old heads got stories, the days they was kings
    I pray secret indictments don't take away their dreams
    You 16, you could do 20, come home young
    Catch 20 years when you 40? Holmes, you're done

What have we become? Rap stars from trap stars
    Black gods to Ansars to Sunnis back to goonies
    A 360 in the streets real grizzly

- NAS

Sad thing is, that's more than likely what some of them be thinking

Life Aint Good.....

• MD_EGA
    MD_EGA Members Posts: 554 ✭✭✭
    Options
    vboy513 wrote: »
    when your under 19 busting you gun is nothing , young ? with too much money and too much pride? jealousy led to him getting clapped. he could of easily came up just rapping about anything, but he had to try to come up on others ? grind by dissing them. now he dead

- NAS

Life Aint Good.....

catch 40 at 20&you come out at 60 big deal
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MD_EGA wrote: »

- NAS

Life Aint Good.....

smh
  • MD_EGA
    Options
    yall trippin dis is what real gangbangers do yall gotta realize keef is a GANGBANGER turned RAPPER not lil wayne who is a RAPPER turned GANGBANGER. all this lil ? from keef to durk to reese and the rest of they click have probably caught a body before or shot at someone or have been shot at. the only reason we know about it is cause now they got this whole rapping thing so the spotlights on them. if none of this ? was rapping we wouldnt even know or be talking about that ? jojo getting killed. this is what happens when REAL gangbangers get put in the spotlight. they dont care about the fame they still gonna put they gang 1st rapping is just they side hustle gangbanging&selling dope is there full time job.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

- NAS

Life Aint Good.....

Someone missed the point.....

• MD_EGA
    Options

- NAS

Life Aint Good.....

Someone missed the point.....

didnt miss it just didnt care
  • trilladelic
    Options
    i have a theory..

a large majority of the babies raised in the 90s have been molested..

so thats why most of them are ? or they just dont care about life..

kinda vague but like i said its just a theory..
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    i have a theory..

Were you born in the 80s?
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i have a theory..

That ? is just stupid
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    skooby2315 wrote: »
    i have a theory..

this is the dumbest theory ever

Word, I was born in 89 and think that ? is outlandish lol
  • trilladelic
    Options
    i have a theory..

of course..

• StillFaggyAF
    Options
    i have a theory..

of course..

Would i be correct in assuming you grew up during the 90s?
  • MD_EGA
    Options
    HyenaKilla wrote: »
    yall trippin dis is what real gangbangers do yall gotta realize keef is a GANGBANGER turned RAPPER not lil wayne who is a RAPPER turned GANGBANGER. all this lil ? from keef to durk to reese and the rest of they click have probably caught a body before or shot at someone or have been shot at. the only reason we know about it is cause now they got this whole rapping thing so the spotlights on them. if none of this ? was rapping we wouldnt even know or be talking about that ? jojo getting killed. this is what happens when REAL gangbangers get put in the spotlight. they dont care about the fame they still gonna put they gang 1st rapping is just they side hustle gangbanging&selling dope is there full time job.

? drop your pom-poms & pull your skirt down B....WTF??? ? !!!

sir your feelings are showing
  • trilladelic
    Options
    i have a theory..

this is the dumbest theory ever

but hear me out..

when was a kid my mama wasnt worried about someone taking advantage of me sexually, at least i wasnt. nowadays u gotta really watch your kids. there not safe anywhere..

• MD_EGA
    Options

? drop your pom-poms & pull your skirt down B....WTF??? ? !!!

sir your feelings are showing

? U a dirtbag posting dumb irrelevant ? , tryna sell some hype about some ? who finna get their issue

an your clearly a flower child ? before i smack you like keefs gonna do lupe
  • Well Got Dam
    Well Got Dam Members Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    some ignorant ass ? , these ? suck at rhymin too
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lets be real....these lil ? wasn't gon amount to much anyway.

Just look at the monkey ? they doing b4 they hit puberty
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    http://www.suntimes.com/14964520-761/lil-jojo-murdered-in-chicago-police-now-looking-at-chief-keefs-tweets-source-says.html#.UEgb-BJdYk0.twitter

Chicago police are investigating possible connections between the Tuesday slaying of a teen rapper, a raging Englewood gang conflict and a mocking Tweet on the account of the victim’s rap rival — rising South Side star Chief Keef, sources told the Chicago Sun-Times.

Joseph Coleman, known as ‘Lil JoJo’ in the rap world, was gunned down near 69th and Prairie, about a block from where Oscar winner Jennifer Hudson grew up and where her family was slain in 2008.

Witnesses said Coleman, 18, was riding double on a bike — standing on the back — when a car pulled up and someone fired six or seven shots at about 7:30 p.m. Tuesday.

Coleman was hit in the back before running to a nearby home, where he later died outside as witnesses screamed “JoJo!” witnesses said.

Hours after the murder, on Chief Keef’s Twitter account, a message was posted saying, “Its Sad Cuz Dat N---- Jojo Wanted To Be Jus Like Us #LMAO.”

LMAO is slang for “laughing my ass off.”
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Lil JoJo slain in Chicago; cops look at Chief Keef’s Tweets
    BY MARK KONKOL, KIM JANSSEN AND ALLISON HORTON Staff Reporters September 5, 2012 10:20PM
    Reprints

ARTICLE EXTRAS

View Gallery
    RELATED STORIES
    Video: Old footage of his West Side friends makes Lupe Fiasco cry
    Updated: September 5, 2012 10:43PM

Chicago police are investigating possible connections between the Tuesday slaying of a teen rapper, a raging Englewood gang conflict and a mocking Tweet on the account of the victim’s rap rival — rising South Side star Chief Keef, sources told the Chicago Sun-Times.

Joseph Coleman, known as ‘Lil JoJo’ in the rap world, was gunned down near 69th and Prairie, about a block from where Oscar winner Jennifer Hudson grew up and where her family was slain in 2008.

Witnesses said Coleman, 18, was riding double on a bike — standing on the back — when a car pulled up and someone fired six or seven shots at about 7:30 p.m. Tuesday.

Coleman was hit in the back before running to a nearby home, where he later died outside as witnesses screamed “JoJo!” witnesses said.

Hours after the murder, on Chief Keef’s Twitter account, a message was posted saying, “Its Sad Cuz Dat N---- Jojo Wanted To Be Jus Like Us #LMAO.”

LMAO is slang for “laughing my ass off.”

That Tweet drew angry responses among Chief Keef’s 224,000 Twitter followers.

His account later carried Tweets claiming it had been hacked and saying, “If u dnt talk 2 me or dro my manager … it’s not real.”

The 17-year-old, Chicago-born Chief Keef — whose real name is Keith Cozart — signed a record deal in June with Interscope, the same rap label of superstars including Dr. Dre, 50 Cent, Eminem and Diddy.

Keef’s manager, Rovan Manuel, told the Sun-Times he was unaware of the controversy. It wasn’t until being told about the Tweet by the Sun-Times that Manuel realized why his phone rang incessantly Wednesday. His number was posted on Chief Keef’s Twitter page.

But Manuel told the Sun-Times he didn’t believe the message meant “anything personally.” He said Keef had a beef with JoJo only because “that kid made songs like Keef.”

“A lot of the stuff Keef does, that’s just cause he’s a kid,” Manuel said. “People forget that he’s a kid, a teenager … and kids make mistakes. He makes mistakes the hard way.”

Chicago police officers were on the street Wednesday night looking for Coleman’s killer. Police are looking to see if his murder is connected to an ongoing conflict in Englewood between the Gangster Disciples and Black Disciples street gangs that has been playing out in a series of threats on social media sites.

“Two gangs are fighting each other, going at each other all over the Internet and this is all stemming from that,” a police source said.

Police are also looking into whether Coleman had gang affiliations, and whether Keef or any of his associates are connected to the gang conflict or Coleman’s murder, the source said.

Many of Chief Keef’s Tweets include a hashtag reference “#300” — a known reference, police say, to the Black Disciples street gang.

Coleman’s grieving mom, Robin Russell, said she was aware of the beef between her son, Chief Keef and his allies — but not how serious the dispute had become.

“I want justice for my son,” the stunned mother said as mourners gathered at her Altgeld Gardens public housing complex rowhouse Wednesday night. “It’s a stupid and senseless killing.

Russell said she’d heard there were people willing to pay for her son’s murder.

“It wasn’t a gang thing, it was a rap thing,” she said. “My son was going to get a rap deal like some of them have and they were jealous.”

Russell said her son grew up in Englewood and attended Robeson High School with an ally of Chief Keef’s. He was visiting with friends and was riding on a pal’s bike when he was killed, relatives said.

He’d recently been discussing a record deal with star rapper Waka Flocka and Brick Squad, his mom added. He hoped to earn enough money to take his mom, three sisters and two brothers to live in Florida, she said.

Coleman’s aunt Sonia Mares-DuBose said Coleman had been trying to “do like a Tupac and Biggie thing and get under the skin” of his rivals, but not to provoke violence.

Coleman’s family was well aware of the Tweets on Chief Keef’s account following the slaying. And upset.

“How do you go on Twitter and brag about it?” she said.

In Keef’s responses on his account, Chicago-born rap star Lupe Fiasco was called out, with the Keef account posting: “wen I see him I’ma smack him like da lil b---- he is #300.”

On his account, Fiasco, who recently told a radio station he was scared of the violence Chief Keef represents, replied “I cant go 4 that @ChiefKeef & i cant let the people i love, including you my n----, go 4 that either. We kings not f
    savages and goons”

Later, Fiasco sounded despondent — and done with rap, Tweeting: “but my heart is broken and i see no comfort further along this path only more pain. I cannot participate any longer in this... My first true love was literature so i will return to that...lupe fiasco ends here...”

Late Wednesday, rapper 50 Cent Tweeted to Chief Keef: “if you still in new York come see me”

Chief Keef’s account indicated he would.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought he was 16 and got shot 17 times.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good, I hope all ignorant ? ? each other.The world is better off without them.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Coleman’s grieving mom, Robin Russell, said she was aware of the beef between her son, Chief Keef and his allies — but not how serious the dispute had become.

“I want justice for my son,” the stunned mother said as mourners gathered at her Altgeld Gardens public housing complex rowhouse Wednesday night. “It’s a stupid and senseless killing.

Russell said she’d heard there were people willing to pay for her son’s murder.

“It wasn’t a gang thing, it was a rap thing,” she said. “My son was going to get a rap deal like some of them have and they were jealous.”

Russell said her son grew up in Englewood and attended Robeson High School with an ally of Chief Keef’s. He was visiting with friends and was riding on a pal’s bike when he was killed, relatives said.

He’d recently been discussing a record deal with star rapper Waka Flocka and Brick Squad, his mom added. He hoped to earn enough money to take his mom, three sisters and two brothers to live in Florida, she said.

Coleman’s aunt Sonia Mares-DuBose said Coleman had been trying to “do like a Tupac and Biggie thing and get under the skin” of his rivals, but not to provoke violence.

So many "what the ? " in this article. That young man's family is terribly disillusioned.