Damn Slaughterhouse caught a brick again

Options

Comments

• JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "this is my mudafuckin liiiiive"

.....lol ahhh ? ....i cant stop laughing at these ? b....
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    a_list wrote: »
    even with the pop attempts they only managed this? they prolly couldve did these numbers minus that. I cant c these cats moving major units without dumbing down and switchn up production.....cats outdid khaled tho, now thats shocking

LOL it's sad and pathetic will people compare rappers record sales with a DJ's record sales....especially when it's a
    4 man group being co-signed by the biggest rapper alive.

According to you hes not just a DJ and he does all of this ? like executive produce, so why you saying hes just a DJ now? Damn, as soon as you come back, the hypocritical statements flow from your mouth. Lets hear your ? rebuttal about how I'm white/like men/sit on the computer all day.

Blue-enCORE-100-Handheld-dynamic-microphone.jpg
  • bkkbully
    bkkbully Members Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    I'm not gonna speak on behalf of Slaughterhouse, they shot themselves in the foot putting out an album full of BOB leftover songs. But y'all dudes ? me with this "rappin ass ? " ? . This is a HIP HOP forum. You expect mufuckas to sing to you, or make some ? lame ? can get ? to if turned on that the right time at a party? Sure, we need balance in the game, but it seems lately that the cats that rap for the sake of rapping (yes, that used to be a good thing) get written off. Just enjoy the bars and be thankful dudes like that are keeping the artform alive, or else in about 5 years in order to even put a song out you're gonna be required to sing every note.

• cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    They have talent and I wasn't expecting them to sell 700,000 copies in week 1, but after all the ? Royce was talking on Twitter from 2009 on down once he got into Eminem's good graces again, seeing the group's first week sales total is hilarious.

Especially since this is coming off the "Bad meets Evil" EP selling well, them gracing the cover of various magazines, and the members of the group having a shitload of "followers" on Twitter sucking them off and hanging on to every word.

Joe has 577,686 followers on Twitter.
    Royce has 212,885.
    Joell Ortiz has 157,819.
    Crooked has 108,806.

Only 50,000 units during the first week????

• TimeToParty
    TimeToParty Members Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    every place i went SH was sold out, i assume this is because record label didnt put enough records out
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I still bump their first album... I am not interested in this one at all...
  • sniperk
    sniperk Members Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Why did Eminem try to turn Slaughterhouse into the new D12?

I was somewhat hyped for this album because I've always been a fan of lyrics. I thought they killed it during the BET cypher and I've been impressed with some of the mixtape stuff I've heard (especially some of Royce's stuff with Black Milk and Elzhi and some of Joe Budden's introspective stuff).

The beats ruined this album... didn't fit the lyrics at all. Hooks were corny... some songs sounded like they were trying to appeal to the Wicked / Clown Posse-type crowd to sell records (which is ironic considering the history between Eminem and ICP)...

I think Eminem has lost some of his "golden boy" appeal in the music world unless it is his own personal "Eminem" project...
  • Gen. Stasia
    Gen. Stasia Members Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How is 50k a flop for a group that sold 5k last go around? And last time I checked Big Sean did the same numbers and he's wayyy more commercial and had a single that went 3x Plat.

Album prolly sucks tho cuz Ems ears are horrible
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No they did 18k first week and Big Sean did somewhere near 80k I believe
  • GeE-757
    GeE-757 Members Posts: 6,441
    edited September 2012
    Options
    cobbland wrote: »
    They have talent and I wasn't expecting them to sell 700,000 copies in week 1, but after all the ? Royce was talking on Twitter from 2009 on down once he got into Eminem's good graces again, seeing the group's first week sales total is hilarious.

Especially since this is coming off the "Bad meets Evil" EP selling well, them gracing the cover of various magazines, and the members of the group having a shitload of "followers" on Twitter sucking them off and hanging on to every word.

Joe has 577,686 followers on Twitter.
    Royce has 212,885.
    Joell Ortiz has 157,819.
    Crooked has 108,806.

Only 50,000 units during the first week????

preach! floooopper house is 1 of da biggest joke rap groupz eva n hiphop cuz they cant win fa nuttin imean they sold all da way out when they sign;d 2 da cracka & became d6 replacementz & all they could do was KOCH numberz cuz all they have is a INTERNET FANBASE them 4loserz need 2 break up cuz they suck as a group.,.i rememba crackaz was on herr on da NET makin threadz talkin about ross flop;d & SH album was betta blah blah blah & now da REAL WORLD has spoken dont nobody give a ? about them loserz but feminem crackaz like time2bitch aka time2party & NET ? !
    How is 50k a flop for a group that sold 5k last go around? And last time I checked Big Sean did the same numbers and he's wayyy more commercial and had a single that went 3x Plat.

gen b fa real do u really think flopper house sold out & start;d suckin a crackaz ? 2 sell 50k da 1st wk??? come on now COMMON SENSE should tell u thatz a FLOP cuz flopper house thought they was gonna get a bigger fanbase bein slavez 2 da cracka gaaawd but it aint happen cuz 90% of feminemz stanz aint even hiphop fanz lol..
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    a_list wrote: »
    even with the pop attempts they only managed this? they prolly couldve did these numbers minus that. I cant c these cats moving major units without dumbing down and switchn up production.....cats outdid khaled tho, now thats shocking

LOL it's sad and pathetic will people compare rappers record sales with a DJ's record sales....especially when it's a
    4 man group being co-signed by the biggest rapper alive.

According to you hes not just a DJ and he does all of this ? like executive produce, so why you saying hes just a DJ now? Damn, as soon as you come back, the hypocritical statements flow from your mouth. Lets hear your ? rebuttal about how I'm white/like men/sit on the computer all day. ...yeah I'm a paranoid freak with low comprehension skills but E-chat with me off-topic and gimme some attention.

3e36e613a12208d8298b4446eb260782d7b31630.jpg

LOL, silly girl let me spell it out for you since the sunburn has effected your brain.

When was the last time a DJ/Producer/Executive producer that doesn't rap on his records sold 45K first week of a Rap album?

You ? say oddball comments like "flow from your mouth" as if you have the ability to hear me talk but we all know you ain't really as stupid as you pretend to be, just a ? who wanted some quick attention.

(this ? said I "came back" like she was waiting for me or missing me)
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its an avg album 3 mics at best...not as good as the 2009 release or the EP dropped last year.
  • nj2089
    Options
    The hate on this group is strong on here lol
  • Gen. Stasia
    Gen. Stasia Members Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh yea they did do 18k but Big Sean did 50k tho. And Twitter followers are not an indication of record sales. Nicki Minaj has like 17 million followers and barely cracked gold
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

no joe thats not honesty thats arrogance & pride ... humble down and give a real answer like we had obligations and had to do certain records for the album ... smh
  • antarticp
    edited September 2012
    Options

the thing that balances out guys like big sean who didnt sell well ... but he had singles that took off on radio which im sure also sold well in digital outlets like itunes .... its the same thing that keep artist like waka flocka afloat ... records sales really dont mean much for them as long as they cover @least 200k by the end of the fiscal year .... i learned this from my days @ asylum who were an incubator (as they liked to call it) for artist that sold in those amounts ......

but my life as a single ?? is it doing good ?? even if it is ... slaugher house is 4 deep already ... then you add in Cee-Lo ... then whoever else needs to slice into that pie ...... i dont know if it makes sense financially for them $$$$$$$$$ ?????????

• antarticp
    Options
    Oh yea they did do 18k but Big Sean did 50k tho. And Twitter followers are not an indication of record sales. Nicki Minaj has like 17 million followers and barely cracked gold

thats sad lol shows you how nosey people are ... and also how greedy folks are for FREE ? ... if they had to pay to follow nicki then i think we could get an accurate account on how many folks are down for thier movement ...
  • GeE-757
    GeE-757 Members Posts: 6,441
    edited September 2012
    Options
    nj2089 wrote: »
    The hate on this group is strong on here lol

i wouldnt call it hate itz da TRUTH them clownz is LOSERZ imean they cant even outsell D6 & flopper house is suppose 2 replace them that cracka feminem shouldve just drop;d another d6 album i bet that ? wouldve sold mo then that flopper house ? flopper house deservez 2 flop fa SELLIN OUT!
  • DMTxTHC
    Options
    Just Blaze, Nottz, ALC, DJ Khalil, etc. woulda been much better choices.

Eminem's usual gawd-awful production severely dampened the potential of what could have been a great album.

• DMTxTHC
    edited September 2012
    Options
    The next album or official mixtape Joe Budden drops should not have anything Em-related on it.

Mood Muzik 3 >>>>
  • nj2089
    Options
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What they need to do is learn from others and brand themselves better. If I were managing their careers i'd get them to do the following:

- Tags: Create a slaughterhouse tag (sorta like how Ross has 'Maybach Music'), and place that at the beginning of every guest feature any of them make.

- Guest features. This really is the way to expose yourself to a wider audience than your own. They all need to be doing independent features, and two or three of them being guest features with the other on someone else's song. Feature on anything...whether it's rock or R&B or pop. Each one should be out there finding a sound.

- Solo Careers. It's like they forgot how to do solo careers. Stop just promoting Slaughterhouse and promote yourselves and each other. Between Slaughterhouse albums, they should all be releasing their own albums. It allows fans of Joe Budden to follow Joe Budden, and Crooked I to follow Crooked I. And if they gain extra fans from doing more solo ? , then that should translate into a few more fans buying a Slaughterhouse album only b/c it's 1/4 Joe Budden or 1/4 Royce Da 5'9 or 1/4 Crooked, or 1/4 Joell Ortiz. Add that to the current 50k that just bought this album (and probably bought the last one too), and you've got increased sales and more money for everyone in the group.

- These are grimey rappers that need a hard beat to ride. Get them Alchemist production, Havoc production, Erick Sermon production, DJ Premier production, and Pete Rock production. Choruses for them should, for the most part, be sample cuts.

-
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    THe beats for the album were ass... aside from a couple I aint never heard of half them producers on that ? .