Chuck D says no to Jay-Z to join him on his Made In America Festival

Options

Comments

• aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    nah ? all that... we know usmarine is a Jigga stan, but hes right this time...
    WHAT HAS CHUCK DONE THAT IS SO GREAT? being less successful in 2012 makes him more righteous? no sir...

he a pioneer and his success in the 80's and 90's isnt to be dismissed.... he said he doesnt Jay performing at his concert cuz he doesnt represent the same message is that wrong?

• bigrizz
    bigrizz Members Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    bigrizz wrote: »
    lol at Chuck doing more in rap that Jay-z, PE had what, a 5 year run of relevancy. I mean, who has Chuck D ever put on?

Jay-z has "put on" alot of people....and half of them got left to the side...that was business, where jay mad a profit. I could name alot of missing rappers Jay "put on" loool......Chuck has actually addressed many social and economic issues over the years Jayz wouldnt because hes afraid to lose endorsements. Chuck has supported hip hop in africa and many places overseas...Just because its not on the news doesnt mean its not done

If they got left to the side, wtf does that tell you, they didn't have the work ethic or talent to run with a opportunity like Kanye, Rihanna,etc did. I mean who gave Jay-z a opportunity when he started, I'LL WAIT?

Problem with lazy ass ? is they want their hand held the whole way, that's not how it's suppose to be. You're suppose to run with your shot and create your own path afterwords.

Jay-z and his company employs hundreds of black people. Look at who Jay-z people are over at Roc Nation, all black executives he put on. I'm sorry to tell you this, but don't nobody give a ? about Chuck D words, ain't none of that ? feeding anybody. Jay-z employing ? > bitter old man screaming get off my lawn.

Jay claims he started off by poisoning his own people....that gave him his start. I can think of amil, rell, sauce money, bleek, terria marie (whatever her name is) all of state property he treated as family, but aint no where to be found. Those were business deals, he didnt make anyone but himself. Kanye wasnt found by J, he was just the most visible and LA Reid signed rihanna.....they just got money put behind them by def jam
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Isn't chuck d the same guy who's rapping partner is a walking minstrel show?
  • bigrizz
    bigrizz Members Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    lol at Chuck doing more in rap that Jay-z, PE had what, a 5 year run of relevancy. I mean, who has Chuck D ever put on?

Jay-z has "put on" alot of people....and half of them got left to the side...that was business, where jay mad a profit. I could name alot of missing rappers Jay "put on" loool......Chuck has actually addressed many social and economic issues over the years Jayz wouldnt because hes afraid to lose endorsements. Chuck has supported hip hop in africa and many places overseas...Just because its not on the news doesnt mean its not done

If they got left to the side, wtf does that tell you, they didn't have the work ethic or talent to run with a opportunity like Kanye, Rihanna,etc did. I mean who gave Jay-z a opportunity when he started, I'LL WAIT?

Problem with lazy ass ? is they want their hand held the whole way, that's not how it's suppose to be. You're suppose to run with your shot and create your own path afterwords.

Jay-z and his company employs hundreds of black people. Look at who Jay-z people are over at Roc Nation, all black executives he put on. I'm sorry to tell you this, but don't nobody give a ? about Chuck D words, ain't none of that ? feeding anybody. Jay-z employing ? > bitter old man screaming get off my lawn.

damn it really is no use debating anything Jay z related with u.... he does nothing wrong and everyone else who says anything unbecoming is either jealous or bitter or lazy

No one is saying he hasn't done anything wrong, what i'm saying is ? always using Jay as the scape goat for ? because he is the most successful and some people use him as the ideology of what's wrong with rap.

Jay-z is one aspect of rap, he isn't the representation of all of it. Jay-z been consistent with who he is and his sound since 1996, he came in the game saying ''im for presidents to represent me'', why ya'll have a problem with it 16 years later. lol

Someone asked Chuck why they turned it down...he didnt give a random press release saying "i dont ? with Jay" He got asked a question and kept it real..
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chuck d fought for Arizona to have a holiday ...he ussed his platform to ? on the white man jigga don't do that ..jigga bigs up Europeans so of course black militants gonna side with chuck ....chuck is political ..jigga is nada
  • redhandedbandit
    redhandedbandit Members Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭
    Options
    i dumbed down to double my dollars
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

damn it really is no use debating anything Jay z related with u.... he does nothing wrong and everyone else who says anything unbecoming is either jealous or bitter or lazy

No one is saying he hasn't done anything wrong, what i'm saying is ? always using Jay as the scape goat for ? because he is the most successful and some people use him as the ideology of what's wrong with rap.

Jay-z is one aspect of rap, he isn't the representation of all of it. Jay-z been consistent with who he is and his sound since 1996, he came in the game saying ''im for presidents to represent me'', why ya'll have a problem with it 16 years later. lol

with the spoils comes the responsibility and criticism tho.... Jay is the pop cultures view of rap and may will feel he is what is wrong with rap as well. in 96 he was local and where as now he is the forefront of rap so perspectives will change
  • blackgod813
    Options
    Any hiphop head sides with chuck....an Im from the south ...damn respect ...hiphop respect the culture a little bit white wash ...
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    nah ? all that... we know usmarine is a Jigga stan, but hes right this time...
    WHAT HAS CHUCK DONE THAT IS SO GREAT? being less successful in 2012 makes him more righteous? no sir...

he a pioneer and his success in the 80's and 90's isnt to be dismissed.... he said he doesnt Jay performing at his concert cuz he doesnt represent the same message is that wrong?

his past accomplishments should not be dismissed at all... its Jay's tour... and what exactly does Chuck represent that Jay Z doesn't?
    thats my issue with him... its not just this instance... the last 10 years he been on some holier than thou ? ...
    put up or shut up...
    has he done more for poor and disadvantaged youth than Jay Z? is there proof? or is it just posturing and lip service?
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chuck d fought for Arizona to have a holiday ...he ussed his platform to ? on the white man jigga don't do that ..jigga bigs up Europeans so of course black militants gonna side with chuck ....chuck is political ..jigga is nada

LOL at acting like this ? was at the forefront of the fight, is that how you remember it. While Chuck was spilling empty words on his small ass platform Jay was donating millions to Katrina victims, Sean Bells family,etc.

Money > empty words

Jesse Jackson, Sharpton role in Arizona > Chuck D miniscule role

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like Jay-Z but Watch the Throne was a garbage. Kanye and Jay didn't rap about anything except about how much money they have. Very shallow and materialistic, I heard it in my friend's crib and knew I wasn't gona buy. Disappointing album, so I don't blame Chuck D for saying what he said. I hope Jay and Kanye never make another album together again.
  • PaperTrailTip
    PaperTrailTip Members Posts: 335
    Options
    This why Nas the g.o.a.t Chuck D would have not refused if it was Nas who asked him to join him at a festival cos Chuck D respects Nas music
  • juan travolta
    juan travolta Members Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol wtf has chuck d done in 2012.

not knocking a legend like him, but hes sounding like a bitter old man.

• Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's a sad state of affairs when a man is called out of his name because, he chooses to stand on his principles. Most of what I read here is shameful. It shows that most of these dudes would do ABSOLUTELY anything to be a part of their heroes lives. Therefore it's unthinkable to these types when someone does something like this.
  • blackgod813
    Options

LOL at acting like this ? was at the forefront of the fight, is that how you remember it. While Chuck was spilling empty words on his small ass platform Jay was donating millions to Katrina victims, Sean Bells family,etc.

Money > empty words

You comparing chuck d to civil rights leaders ...you couldn't do that with Jay z...hiphop is the voice of the voice less ...why hasn't jigga made a trayvon Martin song tour ectttt if he is our black prophet ...
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man we still saying Watch the Throne was entirely some shallow tribute to materialism?

I guess alot of ? STILL havent listened to the whole album.
  • PaperTrailTip
    Options
    Why are Jay fans mad just cos Chuck D sticking by his principles cos he don't like or respect Jay's music? that's dumb
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    if all u got from WTT is materialism, perhaps that says more about you than them...
    and I see no one can prove that Chuck has done more than Jay or Ye from a "giving back" aspect...
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Someone asked Chuck why they turned it down...he didnt give a random press release saying "i dont ? with Jay" He got asked a question and kept it real..

exactly im not a big fan of chuck d and his antics at times but the man kept it real...someone asked him a question and he answered it simple as that, from the comments you would think its was just the opposite.....like he was attention ? on twitter posting tweets back to back about his disapproval of jay....

wow this ? usmarine its the epitomy of what a brainwashed stanboy is....
    I've never seen a person base all there opinions off one ? ...
  • usmarin3
    Options
    This why Nas the g.o.a.t Chuck D would have not refused if it was Nas who asked him to join him at a festival cos Chuck D respects Nas music

Oh really, then why is Chuck D calling Jay-z the greatest in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO_DO5L27NE&feature=player_embedded
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    again, Chuck is well with in his rights to be a hater... he ? up his legacy by being self-righteous, which is also his right...
  • usmarin3
    Options

Money > empty words

You comparing chuck d to civil rights leaders ...you couldn't do that with Jay z...hiphop is the voice of the voice less ...why hasn't jigga made a trayvon Martin song tour ectttt if he is our black prophet ...

Hiphop is many things, NOT JUST THE VOICE OF THE VOICELESS. I wish you pseudo conscious ? would stop trying to manipulate the ? to suit your taste. There was nothing deep about Kurtis Blow Basketball, Sugar Hill Gang Rappers Delight and many of the founding fathers music.

• PaperTrailTip
    Options

Oh really, then why is Chuck D calling Jay-z the greatest in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO_DO5L27NE&feature=player_embedded

That's his opinion he has the right to voice it
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Neither Kurtis Blow or SHG were founding fathers though.
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options