How Puffy and Biggie signed Mase to Bad Boy

Options

Comments

• Bawse D.Lox
    Bawse D.Lox Members Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    Biggie had a lot of ghost writers. This is nothing new and this is why he'll never be a GOAT like Tupac.

C/S
    Pac had ghost writers too. and ghost wrote for alot of ? . Same Goes for B.I.G. every rapper has utilized ghost writers at some point. only incompetent fools would like to think otherwise.
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    illedout wrote: »
    @PimpMVP
    Ive never heard NOBODY say BIG had ghost writers..
    this is new to me.. please elaborate..

Lol it has been many times that Biggie had ghostwriters. Biggie's fans always ignore this though.

Mase
    Craig Mack
    Puffy wrote most of Biggie's hooks and picked his beats

Biggie was nothing more than Puppet and it shows in his music
    Biggie aint even like Craig Mack..
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jamaica wrote: »
    so let me get this straight the man that wrote an entire album for the junior mafia needed a ghostwriter himself? you ? need to use your brains.
    ? aint got no common sense now days..
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so let me get this straight the man that wrote an entire album for the junior mafia needed a ghostwriter himself? you ? need to use your brains.

No matter how much you try, the truth is the truth.

Biggie had ghostwriters and Puffy wrote Biggie's hook and picked his beat. Biggie was a puppet.
  • ImTheKangRoundHere
    ImTheKangRoundHere Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The big mystery to me is,what made Ma$e go reverand BETHA?
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

folk in Harlem wanted his head...
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mase ain't write no "Only You" verse for Big. Biggie was a ghostwriter himself. He has audio evidence of it (One of the only rappers that can even claim this). The story is true that Biggie and Puff had Mase spit a verse for them. They liked his verse so much that they made him rap it on "Only You" which became Ma$e introduction to the mainstream. Biggie did the same thing for Cam and once he liked Cam's verse, he let him do some writing on Lil Kim's album. It wasn't like Ma$e spit Big's verse. Ducktales. Big for all the writing he did for Kim, Cease and JM, it's actually laughable that someone would try and say he had a Ghostwriter. LOL @ "Craig Mack" ghostwrote for Big. Well he gave him a better verse on "Flava in ya ear" than himself, lol. Sauce Money wrote for Puff. Dudes love throwing rocks at the throne. Sorry guys there's no evidence of it. But I'll show what there is evidence of:

http://therapup.net/2008/11/this-is-so-weird/

shouts to @rapmastermind for crushing the buildings, lol always funny how a cat can ghostwrite better verses for other people than themselves....FOH

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options

Baby Maine

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSiSfbJKo2-lJ-0JROAXgrcre6fDaKO8cUcJoCsxdhjFTPwamCKdtUdElWYAg
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options

Baby Maine

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSiSfbJKo2-lJ-0JROAXgrcre6fDaKO8cUcJoCsxdhjFTPwamCKdtUdElWYAg

where can i read the story! always wondered who he was or post it if ya got it homie
  • SHAYDEEEE
    SHAYDEEEE Members Posts: 1,720 ✭✭✭
    Options
    wasnt big L already famous by that time? and i heard that big L gave biggie the idea to use the same sample from MVP for one more chance. and what happened with cam how'd he get signed was it through his mase/bad boy connection
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    SHAYDEEEE wrote: »
    wasnt big L already famous by that time? and i heard that big L gave biggie the idea to use the same sample from MVP for one more chance. and what happened with cam how'd he get signed was it through his mase/bad boy connection

Actually Biggie wanted to use the sample from a Tribe Remix plus the original sampled Debarge and they wanted to use another sample for the remix. Big L's "MVP" was dope though and the more raw version of that sample.

People have to understand, after Big died all the pressure went on Ma$e. He was HUGE, in 97 he was bigger than Jay and NaS, came out the gate selling 4 Million. He was a mega star after only 1 LP. So the money was flowing and the media was all over him. Some street ? popped off in Harlem and the pressure of dealing with Puff and being a star lead him away from the game. He tried come back but it would never be the same. Ma$e was set up to sell even more albums but fans were upset with Ma$e cause he lied in the source (The one where he had a tiger on the front) when he said his 2nd album was going to bring back Murda Ma$e and it was even more pop than the 1st.

1909b3cc7224b5673d28456a154e79e0.wix_mp_1024
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited September 2012
    Options
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "i was murda p.diddy named me pretty
    did it for the money now can u get with me"
  • tom21
    tom21 Members Posts: 12
    Options
    Biggie never had any ghostwriters. That is 100% fictitious ? that never has and never will be proven. 2pac, however did. Deadly Threat wrote for 2pac's for 2 albums. look it up. There used to be an article on sohh.com about it where someone was quoted saying that deadly threat wrote raps for 2pac but it was eventually taken down. You can still find other mentions of it in other places around the internet though.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • LOLCL
    LOLCL Members Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That Ma$e in 93 though is the best i've ever heard from him.
  • The Furley Ghost
    The Furley Ghost Members Posts: 108 ✭✭✭
    Options
    tom21 wrote: »
    Biggie never had any ghostwriters. That is 100% fictitious ? that never has and never will be proven. 2pac,however did. Deadly Threat wrote for 2pac's for 2 albums. look it up. There used to be an article on sohh.com about it where someone was quoted saying that deadly threat wrote raps for 2pac but it was eventually taken down. You can still find other mentions of it in other places around the internet though.

How do you shoot down a possibility with no facts then turn around and make a huge statement that still could bea possibility without facts and your word is what we're supposed to believe.....ok

P.s. I found the article if this is good reporting to you do you bro

http://www.lilwaynehq.com/forums/music-domain/55132-tupac-ghostwriter-revealed-rapper-named-deadly-threat.html
  • choppa_style
    choppa_style Members Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So back then you had to be able to rap to get signed?
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its possible that Big or any MC uses ghostwriters.

Think about it, you have a homie from the old neighborhood that raps and he's trying to get on. You have a record deal and he doesn't. One day he comes over your crib and spits 16 bars of pure heat. Not only that but he has a few ideas for hooks and choruses.

So you take him to the studio with you and make some tracks. You take some of his ideas and give him, say, $5,000 in cash. Everybody's happy. What's wrong with that?

I wouldn't have a problem if my favorite MC got some ideas from somebody else as long as he paid him.
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Mase and Harlem World did drop an album on 'So So Def'...

Also its not a big deal (no pun) Mase wrote a verse for BIG, its a known fact BIG never used to like them R&B tunes, he was into spitting hard hip hop, Puff made him do the songs for the chicks...

BIG used to ghostwrite to, its really not a big deal when a rapper ghosts you a verse on a R&B tune, aslong as you dont have your album ghostwrote whats the problem??? Its not like BIG pulled a Dr Dre or Puff and had his material all wrote for him... BIG's official...

Mase was mad dope his C.O.C stuff was fiyah on par Big L nearly, shame theres not more material... His flow was original to which is rare in this day and age, he birthed alot of rappers and dropped 2 classic albums...
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was murder for six years, seen no cream from it/
    Drop murder off, Mase woke up on Teen Summit!

Harlem World was/is my ? .
  • tom21
    Options
    Mase and Harlem World did drop an album on 'So So Def'...

Also its not a big deal (no pun) Mase wrote a verse for BIG, its a known fact BIG never used to like them R&B tunes, he was into spitting hard hip hop, Puff made him do the songs for the chicks...

BIG used to ghostwrite to, its really not a big deal when a rapper ghosts you a verse on a R&B tune, aslong as you dont have your album ghostwrote whats the problem??? Its not like BIG pulled a Dr Dre or Puff and had his material all wrote for him... BIG's official...

Mase was mad dope his C.O.C stuff was fiyah on par Big L nearly, shame theres not more material... His flow was original to which is rare in this day and age, he birthed alot of rappers and dropped 2 classic albums...
    you have any real proof that mase wrote for big? nah, you dont and you will never have any, and dont even try to come in here with some ? internet article where some site claims to have writing credits.

• tom21
    edited September 2014
    Options
    tom21 wrote: »
    Biggie never had any ghostwriters. That is 100% fictitious ? that never has and never will be proven. 2pac,however did. Deadly Threat wrote for 2pac's for 2 albums. look it up. There used to be an article on sohh.com about it where someone was quoted saying that deadly threat wrote raps for 2pac but it was eventually taken down. You can still find other mentions of it in other places around the internet though.

How do you shoot down a possibility with no facts then turn around and make a huge statement that still could bea possibility without facts and your word is what we're supposed to believe.....ok

P.s. I found the article if this is good reporting to you do you bro

http://www.lilwaynehq.com/forums/music-domain/55132-tupac-ghostwriter-revealed-rapper-named-deadly-threat.html
    yes you are right, there is a "possibility" that he had ghostwriters but its a fact that there is no real proof and its a fact that its never been proven.