Long Kiss Goodnight is the Greatest diss record of all time.... ALL TIME

Options
1235»

Comments

• DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^ bruh, how come Carmen had no issue admitting she smashed Jigga when jay first bragged about it even tho jay disrespected her daughter talking about he left condoms on babyseat....

but Faith NEVER admitted to smashin PAC when her husband BIG been dead for 15 years....think about it. Faith knew Biggie was smashing MADDDDDDD chicks so she had no reason to front if she cheated...face it bro...PAC was feeding them ducktales

Who the ? knows and who the ? cares? I've met hoes on the streets that are bolder than other hoes. Faith may want her kids to look at her in a different light than a carman who may not care about being a parental figure and it shows just by seein how outta pocket nas daughter be gettin... has no prob smashing jay and allen iverson and wanting the world to know. She's different from Faith. Faith could get famous off of singing and singing alone, carman had to write a ? book to get a 10th of faiths type of fame. Stop cappin for hoes like bilfiger likes to do (learned that in the kobe thread) and put ? in its proper perspective.

And let's say she didn't ? Pac which I don't believe that ? for one second....why is she even taking drunkin pics and hanging out doing songs that they tricked her into doing (? wasn't gonna be on either of their albums) with a guy that threaten to shoot HER KIDS AND HER HUSBAND? Did Pac really even need to ? the ? for that to be devestating ether to Biggie? It made him look soft just the fact that she kicked it with Pac after Pac had ? in the streets laughing at him and now your wifey over there taking henessy shots with a ? that can threaten your family whether you cheating on her or not

Come on fam
  • tharealest561
    tharealest561 Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @DR JEK hit it on the head. Of course Faith ain't gonna say she ? Pac, especially at this point.

Biggie got CLOWNED, laughing stock of the industry...Pac gets clapped, and Biggie THEN decides to diss him. How is that not the biggest hoe move ever??
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There were 3 versions of "Long Kiss Goodnight". The 1st version was an all out Pac diss, names said and everything, Cease confirmed it and it was done before Pac's death. Most of LAD was recorded while Pac was alive.. Then Pac died. The 2nd version took Pac's name out and a few lines and verses were changed. You hear Capadonna and Rza on it talking trash and at the end Big directly talks Trash about Tupac by saying that he was the nicest in the game and that no rapper including Pac could see him. That version is online but Puff has tried to get it taken down for years. The final version is what you heard on the album. Big actually changed the song out of respect for Pac's death. So No he didn't diss him after he died. Plus by the time people heard the song they were both death.

Big didn't go at Pac not cause he was scared but he didn't want to escalate it so he would only address it through subliminal. Which takes way more skill and only the person you are dissing will know so it's more psychological. All that "? you, I'll ? you and your family" doesn't take skill. "Long Kiss" is not the greatest diss of all time. It along with "Kick in the Door" are the greatest subliminal disses of all time cause of the skill level Big took in dissing people without using a single name. "Hit em up" is a Classic song and diss. He got Big bad on that. But years later it still sounds like a childish rant. "MY 44 make sure you kids don't grow". Really Pac? You murdering Kids now?, SMH. Anyways, "Long Kiss" is a Classic and the Rza beat was ILL. Big and the Wu Tang Sound was a match in Hip Hop Heaven, sadly two members had to hate and prevent what was a natural union. I'm glad ? , Rza, Ol' ? and others knew that Big was ILL.
  • HarlemThumzUp
    HarlemThumzUp Members Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    Ice Cube, DJ Quik, Common, Nas and Jay disapproves of this thread.

fixed.
  • ThaCerealKilla
    ThaCerealKilla Members Posts: 450 ✭✭✭
    Options
  • c.b.b.
    c.b.b. Members Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There were 3 versions of "Long Kiss Goodnight". The 1st version was an all out Pac diss, names said and everything, Cease confirmed it and it was done before Pac's death. Most of LAD was recorded while Pac was alive.. Then Pac died. The 2nd version took Pac's name out and a few lines and verses were changed. You hear Capadonna and Rza on it talking trash and at the end Big directly talks Trash about Tupac by saying that he was the nicest in the game and that no rapper including Pac could see him. That version is online but Puff has tried to get it taken down for years. The final version is what you heard on the album. Big actually changed the song out of respect for Pac's death. So No he didn't diss him after he died. Plus by the time people heard the song they were both death.

Big didn't go at Pac not cause he was scared but he didn't want to escalate it so he would only address it through subliminal. Which takes way more skill and only the person you are dissing will know so it's more psychological. All that "? you, I'll ? you and your family" doesn't take skill. "Long Kiss" is not the greatest diss of all time. It along with "Kick in the Door" are the greatest subliminal disses of all time cause of the skill level Big took in dissing people without using a single name. "Hit em up" is a Classic song and diss. He got Big bad on that. But years later it still sounds like a childish rant. "MY 44 make sure you kids don't grow". Really Pac? You murdering Kids now?, SMH. Anyways, "Long Kiss" is a Classic and the Rza beat was ILL. Big and the Wu Tang Sound was a match in Hip Hop Heaven, sadly two members had to hate and prevent what was a natural union. I'm glad ? , Rza, Ol' ? and others knew that Big was ILL.

Sounds good, but Big did some sneak moves. Just like when he went on air to let NY know that Death Row was shooting the NY NY video in NY. The Death Row trailer got shot at after BIG went on Hot 97 to let that be known.

Snake dude
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options

dont get me wrong man, I respect your post and how you feel about the skill level and all that. I just have a problem with after Pac came out with Hit em up, It's not like Big died 2 weeks or even 2 months later. Why not put that first version of Long kiss out soon as possible If Pac is still around? ? waited for his life after death album to come out? No he cant control when Pac dies but Hit em up was out there for a minute before Pac died. Mobb Deep actually dropped a response and Like I said before, no disrespect to the Mobb but the main ? and Boss of the Eastcoast shoulda been the first one in the studio if you got some heart and guts that any King of whatever city should have. Like the homie up there said....Big had no problem gettin on the radio instigating guns shots at the Dogg Pound when it came to the New york, New york video shoot so Why take the high roads in interviews now that Pac destroying your rep far more than a DPG video ever would have? It doesn't make any sence. I realize they was probably sayin one thing in interviews and making diss songs on the low but why hold them ? ? WHy Talk ? the minute Daz and Kurupt out there doin a vid but hold back distain for a guy coming at you and sayin he gonna ? your kids like he did? Junior Mafia shoulda had some ? come out no later than a month later if not a few weeks. Mobb wasn't tryna hide they hatred for Pac in interviews and on wax but No Big response, no Junior Mafia Response, No Jay Z Response no Chino XL(the one response he did have was sick but didn't drop).....Everybody that got it the worst kinda laid too low or held back imo.
  • rapmastermind
    Options
    DR. JEK wrote: »

dont get me wrong man, I respect your post and how you feel about the skill level and all that. I just have a problem with after Pac came out with Hit em up, It's not like Big died 2 weeks or even 2 months later. Why not put that first version of Long kiss out soon as possible If Pac is still around? ? waited for his life after death album to come out? No he cant control when Pac dies but Hit em up was out there for a minute before Pac died. Mobb Deep actually dropped a response and Like I said before, no disrespect to the Mobb but the main ? and Boss of the Eastcoast shoulda been the first one in the studio if you got some heart and guts that any King of whatever city should have. Like the homie up there said....Big had no problem gettin on the radio instigating guns shots at the Dogg Pound when it came to the New york, New york video shoot so Why take the high roads in interviews now that Pac destroying your rep far more than a DPG video ever would have? It doesn't make any sence. I realize they was probably sayin one thing in interviews and making diss songs on the low but why hold them ? ? WHy Talk ? the minute Daz and Kurupt out there doin a vid but hold back distain for a guy coming at you and sayin he gonna ? your kids like he did? Junior Mafia shoulda had some ? come out no later than a month later if not a few weeks. Mobb wasn't tryna hide they hatred for Pac in interviews and on wax but No Big response, no Junior Mafia Response, No Jay Z Response no Chino XL(the one response he did have was sick but didn't drop).....Everybody that got it the worst kinda laid too low or held back imo.

NaS took 6 months to respond with "Ether". Also "LAD" was originally suppose to drop on Holloween 96 but was pushed back cause of the accident. Why is OK for Pac to sell records off a diss song but wrong for Big to put his on his album?. Pac'? em up was only out for about 3 months and Pac died. That's not a long time. Rappers did not respond quick to disses like they do today cause of social media. Jay had a quick response to Ether cause it was burning the streets up and he had to respond but he already had a Diss out with "Takeover". Big played it like a chess game was going to Diss Pac on "LAD" and Lil Kim's album. That all changed once Pac died. The Dogg Pound thing was about disrespecting NY that's why he went on the radio. The point is Pac was died 3 month after "Hit Em Up', the East had disses already lined up but he died. A lot of those disses ended up coming out like "Drop a Gem on Em" and the orignial "Big Momma Thing". Puffy will never let the original LKG come out, he won't let it happen. Rumors are him and Big destroyed the masters after Pac's death.
  • rapmastermind
    Options

This is the version Puff tried to get off line. In the back you hear Capadonna and Rza talkin ? with Big. At the end Big clearly addresses Pac, "THE ONLY REASON I AIN'T SAYIN NO NAMES, CAUSE I DON'T WANT TO GIVE YOU ? ASS ? A CHANCE, TO SELL A FEW UNITS".
  • Bawse D.Lox
    Bawse D.Lox Members Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^ bruh, how come Carmen had no issue admitting she smashed Jigga when jay first bragged about it even tho jay disrespected her daughter talking about he left condoms on babyseat....

but Faith NEVER admitted to smashin PAC when her husband BIG been dead for 15 years....think about it. Faith knew Biggie was smashing MADDDDDDD chicks so she had no reason to front if she cheated...face it bro...PAC was feeding them ducktales

"If Fay' had twins, she'd probably have two Pacs
    Get it? .. Tu-pac's"
    1020728_o.gif
    #Sa7ut3

• bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LAD was originally slated to be released Halloween 96. There's a clip on YouTube of B.I.G. On Luke's Peep Show where he says it. I read somewhere a few years ago that B.I.G. was once asked why he hadn't dissed Pac yet or was he planning to and his response was "wait for the album & see". Apparently B.I.G. felt like everybody else was profiting from the beef: Pac was using it to sell records & the media was using it to sell magazines & boost tv & radio ratings; so he would hold the diss for the album instead of putting it out for free beforehand. Unfortunately PAC dies unexpectedly so here we are.
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't see Masterminds post. Basically said the same ? .