More influence: 2Pac or Martin Luther king/Malcolm x?

Options

Comments

• GeE-757
    GeE-757 Members Posts: 6,441
    Options
    @Gee757: What you said made sense, but I still don't get ya point about Pac and the cops...and if you excluding Caribbean Blacks then why not African Blacks? since their experiences and history are a lot more different. Not saying you should, but that's kinda unfair.

pac poppin them 2 white copz & gettin off was unheard of n mlk & x time if pac wouldve pull;d that stunt back then he would b DEAD pac wouldve neva made it 2 court cuz them crackaz wouldve judged pac themselvez cuz crackaz could get away wit MURDERIN blkz back then& that ? was not long ago!....& im not xcludin blkz n da caribbean cuz da HAITIANZ proved they dont play that cracka ? da thang is alot of blkz n da caribbean dont even wanna claim they r BLK/AFRICAN so us african emericanz have no choice but 2 face da fact that we r Blk cuz these crackaz made sure we knew that n WHITE EMERICA...thatz y i would xpect a jamiacan 2 down play pacz influence on da AFRICAN EMERICAN BLK YOUTH of his time n white emerica cuz they just dont understand that sad blk stuff teary eyed real rap pac was spittin from da soul of a panther his family got da white government ? ;d off thatz y alot of them is LOCK;D UP or on da run!.,

http://youtu.be/z84fOiNfAuY
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    A shame ? put Pac in the same sentence as MLK and Malcolm X, but then you ask em who Thurgood Marshall is, they'll be like "Who??"
  • GeE-757
    Options
    these lame azz modz need 2 lock this dumb ? smh.,,.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    how did this thread go past 1 page.. ?
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Mumo_X wrote: »
    Lol @ Malik Shabazz getting killed by a bunch of Tupacs, that's ? up. The Autobiography of Malcolm X is my favorite book ever though. And I cosign Death Certificate being better than any Pac album.

Here's a pic I dropped in another thread, the autobiography is on the right.

l.jpg

@Gee757: What you said made sense, but I still don't get ya point about Pac and the cops...and if you excluding Caribbean Blacks then why not African Blacks? since their experiences and history are a lot more different. Not saying you should, but that's kinda unfair.

@Infamous114: why do Cubans hate Che in MIA?

Che was working with Fidel Castro. Cubans fled from there because of the communist government. Fidel and Che would torture and ? anyone who opposed them...political prisoners. That's always stayed with them when they came to Miami. The day Fidel dies will be a day of celebration in Miami. I remember Pitbull got offended by Mos Def rocking a Che shirt.

? Pitbull, aint he voted for that devil McCain and ? on the kenyan brother, Barrack Hussein Obama???????

No he didn't, you dumb ignorant clown. Believe it or not, not every Cuban votes Republican blindly.
  • infamous114
    Options
    Lol this idiot would prefer living under a Communist government.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not gonna lie i didn't expect this thread to go this far i just wanted to get answers here so i can show that ? on the other forum how stupid the ? that he was saying is
  • GeE-757
    edited September 2012
    Options
    fAM, Jamaica jus has a different opinion and they is some black africans that be coward and cant live w/o the white man here in Africa but dont ? on BLACKS IN CARRIBBEAN-- The streets of trenchtown birthed the most realest and powerful music genre Reggae and birthed the most radical musicians/gods like BOB MARLEY AND PETER TOSH. The art of reggae and its biggest ICONS promoted Marcus Garvey teachings and ideologies regardin Pan Africanism and brought to the fore front a rasta farian religion..........

Tupac is from the same school and if it wasnt for Bob and Tosh , then they wouldnt hav been Pac CUZ WITHOUT JAMAICA/REGGAE THERE IS NO HIPHOP

o no i think u got wat i said twist;d cuz i said jamaica is not african emerican which is a FACT so i dont xpect him 2 feel pac 100% cuz all blk african emericanz & blk african carribeanz dont think alike alot of blk carribeanz try 2 deny they r blk/african fa wat eva reason but ova herr n WHITE EMERICA all us blk african emericanz know we r blk cuz these crackaz made sure we knew we were blk & 2nd class when they brought us herr as slavez
    I'm not gonna lie i didn't expect this thread to go this far i just wanted to get answers here so i can show that ? on the other forum how stupid the ? that he was saying is

this type of thread only bringz out da lame pac haterz tho cuz 1st off no disrespect 2 u but how is u tryna compare a rapper/activist wit blk civil rightz/activistz? cuz those r 2 different eraz cuz if it wasnt fa mlk & x pac wouldve neva been able 2 get off wit shootin white copz so of course mlk & x had mo influence.,
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Chris Rock is half wrong

Biggie was shot

Tupac was "assassinated"
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pac is one of the most emulated artist in HipHop/Rap but for people to actually come out of there face and compare him to the likes of Malcolm and Martin Luther King Jr. is just disrespectful.

Martin of course gets the most recognition but I personally side more with Malcolm's way of thinking on a lot of issues and it saddens me that he doesn't get as much nationwide respect and adulation as Martin has.
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    uolag wrote: »
    Pac is one of the most emulated artist in HipHop/Rap but for people to actually come out of there face and compare him to the likes of Malcolm and Martin Luther King Jr. is just disrespectful.

Martin of course gets the most recognition but I personally side more with Malcolm's way of thinking on a lot of issues and it saddens me that he doesn't get as much nationwide respect and adulation as Martin has.

Welcome to the IC yo, we the iLLest

Appreciate the Welcome man
  • emceemurda
    emceemurda Members Posts: 258 ✭✭
    Options
    What kind of influence we talking about?

in terms of history its - MLK(there's a reason for this)

I never learned about malcom x in school, until a classmate told me about him and I did research. In my opinion malcom x was a true revolutionary.

Revolutionary terms X > MLK

no one hands you freedom unless you fight for it martin is like what gandhi did for india which is suspect in this case.

"He got the peace prize, and we got the problem.. ... If I'm following a general, and he's leading me into a battle, and the enemy tends to give him rewards, or awards, I get suspicious of him. Especially if he gets a peace award before the war is over." - malcom x

^^ that makes alot of sense, theres a reason why no ever mentions Malcom X in history class.

this argument is flawed as your comparing an artist to leaders of a movement which is a different audience all together.

If MLK or X had to talk to people that listen to rap you think they would still be the same person? They would have to change how they approach there audience, pretty much they would be like pac. You can't have people like that become rappers and be a success it just doesn't happen.

you ain't never gonna have krs-one beating lil wayne.. It ain't just gonna happen

Basically pac was as good as his position, I'm surprised he got away with some of the songs he made in his career as it is. Songs like dear mama, and changes? I'm surprised he was even popular as he was, that's a miracle in itself.

in terms of everday influence Pac would win

cause your never gonna see MLK or Malcom tatted on a white dudes arm.

• stuffwhitepeoplelike
    stuffwhitepeoplelike Members Posts: 661
    Options
    Martin Luther King was a ? controlled by the government, he was a ? diva too, I'm glad he's dead.
  • moedays
    moedays Members Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ Malik Shabazz getting killed by a bunch of Tupacs, that's ? up. The Autobiography of Malcolm X is my favorite book ever though. And I cosign Death Certificate being better than any Pac album.

Here's a pic I dropped in another thread, the autobiography is on the right.

l.jpg

@Infamous114: why do Cubans hate Che in MIA?

Che was working with Fidel Castro. Cubans fled from there because of the communist government. Fidel and Che would torture and ? anyone who opposed them...political prisoners. That's always stayed with them when they came to Miami. The day Fidel dies will be a day of celebration in Miami. I remember Pitbull got offended by Mos Def rocking a Che shirt.

What most people don't know is that Cubans were fleeing the island before Che and Fidel came on the scene because they didn't like the dude the US put in power. Can't remember his name though.
  • moedays
    moedays Members Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Batista was his name.
  • infamous114
    edited September 2012
    Options
    moedays wrote: »
    Batista was his name.

Lol this is true but the majority of Cubans that are in Miami now left when Fidel rose in power.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    It didn't take long for mumo to start sucking a dead man's ? , did it?

Yall blowing this up more than it has to be. 2pac was a great rapper, yes. And thats it. He was just a rapper. Any rapper should never be compared to MLK or X cause neither MLK or X did anything to promote black on black violence. And saying Bob Marley is up there? Lol, Jamaica must be not only poor but stupid too if mumo's ? thinks that.
  • GeE-757
    Options
    You hav a point fam, but most Blacks in Caribbean especially Jamaicans, Cubans, Trinidad & Tobago, Haiti, Barbados -- u name them ... most of them identify with Pan Africanism and are proud of the African Heritage and Ancestry and i met some brothers from Tobago @ Western Cape, they cool peoples. For 1, they dont mock our names, culture, heritage and rich history like some Blacks in America do. In most Caribbena countries, Marcus Garvey and Bob Marleys words are gospel and embrace they africanism......

again fam u got wat im sayin twist;d cuz i know alot of blk africanz n da caribbean claim/know they r blk & they know mo about africa then us african emericanz since da crackaz stripp;d us of that...but alot of blk caribbeanz also deny they r blk & will b quick 2 say they r sumthang else & ova herr n white emerica all us african emericanz know we r blk even if we do got sum native emerican or white n us cuz these crackaz made sure we knew that when they brought us herr as 2nd class/slavez...,im not tryna knock no afro caribbean or latino i just dont xpect them 2 feel da same way us AFRICAN EMERICANZ feel all da time cuz we all dont think alike!
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GeE-757 wrote: »
    You hav a point fam, but most Blacks in Caribbean especially Jamaicans, Cubans, Trinidad & Tobago, Haiti, Barbados -- u name them ... most of them identify with Pan Africanism and are proud of the African Heritage and Ancestry and i met some brothers from Tobago @ Western Cape, they cool peoples. For 1, they dont mock our names, culture, heritage and rich history like some Blacks in America do. In most Caribbena countries, Marcus Garvey and Bob Marleys words are gospel and embrace they africanism......

again fam u got wat im sayin twist;d cuz i know alot of blk africanz n da caribbean claim/know they r blk & they know mo about africa then us african emericanz since da crackaz stripp;d us of that...but alot of blk caribbeanz also deny they r blk & will b quick 2 say they r sumthang else & ova herr n white emerica all us african emericanz know we r blk even if we do got sum native emerican or white n us cuz these crackaz made sure we knew that when they brought us herr as 2nd class/slavez...,im not tryna knock no afro caribbean or latino i just dont xpect them 2 feel da same way us AFRICAN EMERICANZ feel all da time cuz we all dont think alike!

Yo bruh...I'm a black Caribbean...And I can tell you...none of us would ever say that we aren't black...We've gotta lil contempt (as a whole) for Africans, though...and they reciprocate that the disdain equally...
  • GeE-757
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Yo bruh...I'm a black Caribbean...And I can tell you...none of us would ever say that we aren't black...We've gotta lil contempt (as a whole) for Africans, though...and they reciprocate that the disdain equally...

but u only speak fa ya self cuz ive seen blk panimanianz get ? ;d off if u call them blk/african instead of PANIMANIAN which is fukin krazy cuz they r BLK!
  • GeE-757
    Options
    Yeah Fam, now i understand what u sayin cuz i remember Lala Vasquez caught some criticism when she claimed that she puerto rican and not Black but she cleared up all that ? recently....

xactly lala mayb PR but she is still AFRICAN cuz ova herr n WHITE EMERICA these crackaz dont care if u r PR or wat eva if u look anytype of BLK u r a ? !
  • GeE-757
    edited September 2012
    Options
    The bolded is SO TRUE.... and its a shame when one goes Tiger Wood regardin his skin colour/race

yep..& now tiger knowz hez a ? after he cheat;d on his WHITE wife cuz them crackaz aint have no problem strippin & choppin his azz down! lol
  • GeE-757
    Options
    lol@ chastised...AINTITMAN! yeah tiger is a perfect xample of no matter how much u think u r sumthang else these crackaz n da end will make sure u know u r a ? !
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    both of yoy ? have some ? issues. If I showed up to jamaica or africa with fojd and water, I would be more respected than malcolm x there