Random Old nEminem Article!!!

Options
Soloman_The_Wise
Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2012 in The Reason
Eminem's Racist Rap Sessions Of 1993
January 1513, 2004 – The Source’s explosive February issue spotlights racism in Hip-Hop, a topic so hot and so uncomfortable that Hip-Hop’s most popular MC went to Federal Court to try to prevent The Source’s complete investigative package from reaching the hands of the public. As the independent voice of Hip-Hop, The Source persevered and a Federal Judge agreed – ruling that it is The Source’s right to publish the materials, including excerpts of several racist tracks recorded by Eminem in 1993. This February’s issue introducesmarks the introduction of an innovative The Source’sa new multi-media approach to publishing The Source, incorporating audio, and interactive online components. – and thiscomponents. The February’s issue of The Source includes an audio CD with excerpts of the racist songsmaterial that Eminem and his label tried to suppress at all coststhe racist Eminem material, along with commentary by several leading African- American scholars and activists. The Source will also launch an online accompaniment to the issue at www.thesource.com to allow reader interactivity and involvement in the issues.

The historic February 2004 issue is a continuation of The Source’s year long investigation of forces corrupting Hip-Hop, which began in March 2003 with a cover story, “Hip-Hop Under Attack.” In this month’s “The Making of a Hip-Hop Monopoly,” The Source investigatesillustrates how corporate consolidation of record labels, radio, video and retail outlets has created a tight-knit system that is working to take control of Hip-Hop from the minority communities and entrepreneurs that created it. At the helm of this powerful monopoly is Jimmy Iovine’s Interscope Records, which, The Source argues, is using Eminem isas a tool being used by the monopoly to redefine for mainstream America what the term “Hip-Hop” ismeans. The Source also exposes MTV’s role in this process, by separating “Hip-Hop” and “Rap” into two different categories at their annual Video Music Awards, thus allowing “Hip-Hop” to be perceived as being reserved for “non-threatening” music and artists, while “Rap” is eventually pushed out and becomes the domain of “angry” Black artists. If Hip-Hop continues in this directionthis process is allowed to continue, The Source maintains, itHip-Hop will go the way of rRock ‘n rRoll – where all of Rock’s economic and cultural value was stolen from its Black creators like Chuck Berry and Little Richard, and its history forever rewritten..

“Last Line Of Defense,” an extremely honest and thought-provoking Q&A interview with recording artist, community leader and The Source’s Chief Brand Executive Ray Benzino, who was the first person to stand up and question racist and monopolistic practices in Hip-Hop, sheds further light on the powerful hold corporate America is gaining on the Hip-Hop culture: “Where Hip-Hop was a thing of freedom of expression, and the expression of struggle, they’ve taken that away from us. We’re being told what type of songs we should make to get on the radio and what type of videos and images to show. And in order to use their [corporate America’s] vehicles, dictate to us how to be creative.” Benzino also opens the door for a discussion with Eminem, stating, “If he wants to get in a dialogue, I think it would be incredibly influential not just for Hip-Hop, but for humanity, because he can influence a lot of kids that felt a certain way about Black and Latino people.”

In “The Real Slim Shady,” The Source’s Editor-In-Chief, Kim Osorio, provides an in-depth investigation into the history behind Eminem’s racist recordings and his life before he was famous. “Until recently,” Osorio writes, “Eminem has seemed very careful about his place as a White rapper in a predominantly African American and Latino Hip-Hop culture.” The Source’s investigation reveals, however, that the perception of Eminem as being sensitive and truly committed to Hip-Hop culture and the inner-city communities from where it has come, may be far from the reality.

On Eminem’s early collaborators aren’t afraid to talk to The Source and the story that emerges is a far cry from what you’ll see in his Academy Award-winning movie “8 Mile.” As The Source Editor-in-Chief Kim Osorio notes in the cover story on Eminem, “Understanding Marshall Mathers’ past – his life before the Black community accepted him – explains how a rapper of his caliber could have something like the racist recording hidden in his closet.” On tracks recorded in 1993 by Eminem’s four-man, all-White rap crew, under the title “The Racist Rap Hour with Bassmint Productions,” with the Eminem’s four-man, all- Wwhite collectivewhich were known as Bassmint Productions and leaked to The Source by three White Hip-Hop fans from Detroit who were associates of Eminem in from the early ’90s, Eminem calls Black women “dumb chicks” and opposes dating Black women “cause I don’t like that ? ? .” On a third song, newly discovered by The Source, Eminem calls Black people “moon crickets,” “spear chuckers” and “porch monkeys.”

"The feature on Eminem’s hidden past – where one of his old rhyming partners tells all about The Racist Rap Sessions of 1993 – and an interview with one of the White Hip-Hop fans from Detroit who drove across the country in order to bring Eminem’s racist tracks to light anchor the package on racism. Features editor Jerry Barrow weighs in with an essay on race; Hip-Hop players from Irv Gotti to Suge Knight to Crazy Legs speak their minds on the controversy; and Benzino asserts that The Source is “the last line of defense” against the forces that will destroy Hip-Hop: greedy record labels, mainstream media with a “double standard” towards race and rappers like Eminem who threaten to completely co-opt an African-American art form. Benzino’s statements are backed up in “The Making of a Hip-Hop Monopoly”, which outlines exactly how with a detailed diagram, corporate control of radio, retail, distribution and a concentration of major recording artists under one record label (Interscope) has marginalized independent artists and stolen Hip-Hop from the Black and Latino communities that gave birth to it. The power of Interscope to bias the media, and influence recording artists is further demonstrated by Russell Simmons reactions to the release of the racist tracks in “Politics as Usual: Russell Simmons’s Comments.”

Comments

• Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    February’s issue culminates The Source’s year long investigation of forces corrupting Hip-Hop, which began in March 2003 with a package, “Hip-Hop Under Attack.” Among the other shocking revelations in this month’s issue“The Real Slim Shady”:

• Between 1988 and 1993, Eminem formed an all-White rap collaborative known as Bassmint Productions that produced “The Racist Rap Hour with Bassmint Productions.” Fellow MCEminem’s rhyming partner in Bassmint Productions, White MC Chaos Kid, provides The Source with an exclusive interview where who was therehe describes first- hand how thesethe racist recordings were made and why he refused to be a part of themit.describes first-hand how these recordings were made and why he didn’t participate saying,

• Eminem tried to cover up other racist recordings held by Bbrothers DJ Butterfingers and Manix, both partthe other members of Bassmint Productions, which have yet to surface. Chaos Kid saidsays Eminem “asked Manix to destroy it.”“I refused to even get on it… I didn’t feel comfortable about being a part of [it], so I didn’t rap on it.”

• Eminem hid his racist tracks from his first Black producer and record label owner, Champtown, who was responsible for introducing Eminem to Detroit’s Black Hip-Hop community and who helped shape him to be the superstar he is today. Champtown was shocked to hear some of Eminem’s racist tracks for the first time in 2000. “I definitely heard some tapes with Slim [using] words like ‘moon crickets’ and ? like that on it. And there was ‘spear chucker’ on it… and ‘porch monkeys,’” said Champtown.

• Champtown and Eminem’s older friends dispute Eminem’s claim that his breakup with an “African-American girlfriend” is what caused him to record “Foolish Pride” where he rants, “Black girls are ? ” among other things. Said Champtown, “I don’t believe it. He was with Kim for the whole time I knew him. I never knew him to date any Black women.” Chaos Kid doesn’t remember his Black girlfriend either: “This whole story about him going out with a Black girl – I don’t know.”

• Brothers DJ Butterfingers and Manix, both part of Bassmint Productions have much more unreleased Eminem material. Chaos Kid said “[Eminem] asked Manix to destroy it.”• Members of Detroit’s Hip-Hop community view Eminem’s management as racist. Of Paul Rosenberg, who has managed Eminem since 1998, Champtown says, “I feel that Paul Rosenberg is prejudiced. I heard from inside the camp about how Blacks are being underpaid…I know who introduced [Rosenberg] to Eminem and he is no longer on the map. He was fired. He was the last Black survivor with any authority in the camp and he was fired recently.”

• Chaos Kid says, “To me he’s reached a point where he’s put the dollar before his conscience, and unfortunately, it is going to be his downfall.”

This comprehensive examination of racism in Hip-Hop also features comments from Hip-Hop players fromleading entrepreneurs, artists, scholars and activists such as Irv Gotti, Mack 10, to Suge KnightDr. Michael Eric Dyson toand Crazy Legs sounding off on Eminem and racism;, an interview with one of the White Hip-Hop fans from Detroit who drove across the country in order to bring Eminem’s racist tracks to light;, and an insightful essay on perceptions of race and racism across three generations of one African-American family by fFeatures eEditor Jerry Barrow. In addition, in a wide-ranging and frank interview, Benzino, who was the first person to stand up and question racist and monopolistic practices in Hip-Hop, faces down those who have attacked him and explains how these latest discoveries vindicate his beliefs. VH 1 specials, MTV and “8 Mile” would have you believe that Eminem grew up in one of Detroit’s poor Black neighborhoods. The reality is Eminem went to Lincoln High School, a predominately White school in Warren, Michigan that was known as “War-n-tucky for its reputation as a hotbed of racism.”

The feature on Eminem’s hidden past – where one of his old rhyming partners tells all about The Racist Rap Sessions of 1993 – and an interview with one of the White Hip-Hop fans from Detroit who drove across the country in order to bring Eminem’s racist tracks to light anchor the package on racism. Features editor Jerry Barrow weighs in with an essay on race; Hip-Hop players from Irv Gotti to Suge Knight to Crazy Legs speak their minds on the controversy; and Benzino asserts that The Source is “the last line of defense” against the forces that will destroy Hip-Hop: greedy record labels, mainstream media with a “double standard” towards race and rappers like Eminem who threaten to completely co-opt an African-American art form. Benzino’s statements are backed up in “The Making of a Hip-Hop Monopoly”, which outlines exactly how with a detailed diagram, corporate control of radio, retail, distribution and a concentration of major recording artists under one record label (Interscope) has marginalized independent artists and stolen Hip-Hop from the Black and Latino communities that gave birth to it. The power of Interscope to bias the media, and influence recording artists is further demonstrated by Russell Simmons rush to defend Eminem, despite not having heard the racist tracks in “Politics as Usual: Russell Simmons’s Comments.”February’s issue continues The Source’s yearlong investigation of forces corrupting Hip-Hop, which began in March 2003 with a package, “Hip-Hop Under Attack.”

thanks Kreal for the article!
    source

Verse from Yellow Brick Road:
    "All I remember is meeting back at Manix's basement
    saying how we hate this, how racist but dope the x clan's tape is...
    Which reminds me back in 89 me and Kim broke up for the first time
    She was tryna two time me and there was this black girl
    At our school who thought I was cool cause I rapped so she was kinda eyeing me
    And oh the irony guess what her name was ain't even gonna say it plus
    The same color hair as hers was and blue contacts and a pair of jugs
    The bombest ? damn girl in our whole school if I could pull it
    Not only would I become more popular but I would be able to ? Kim off at the same time
    But it backfired I was supposed to dump her but she dumped me for this black guy
    And thats the last I ever seen or heard or spoke to the oh foolish pride girl
    But I've heard people say they heard the tape and it ain't that bad
    But it was I singled out a whole race and for that apologize
    I was wrong cause no matter what color a girl is she's still a soul"
  • PK_TK_187
    PK_TK_187 Members Posts: 2,240
    Options
    whites made/make better Rock N Roll, word to Queen
    and better Hip Hop, word to Eminem
    but we all know where Hip Hop came from
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
  • GeE-757
    GeE-757 Members Posts: 6,441
    edited October 2012
    Options
    wat up fazeem....damn u can tell da ic is full of crackaz & houseniggaz cuz let this had been a thread about sum1 speakin on rick ross co past these crackaz & houseniggaz on herr would have this on da 1st pg lol....imean itz krazy how that cracka feminem can just pull a LIE outta his azz like him sayin he was a TEEN & had a blk gf n highskool when he made that kkk cracka ? wit no PROOF & muthafukaz give him a pass even tho he diss;d a BLK WOMAN lauryn hill fa bein RACIST n 99 smh.....cuz anybody that believez that bs on YELLOW BRICK ROAD is a dumb ? cuz wherr is this ? ? money hungry ? @ how come marshallz cracka azz can only rememba her & she was suppose 2 b POPULAR n highskoool?? only a cracka & a housenigga bought that feminem lie sayin he was a teen wit a blk gf n highskooll when he made that cracka ? wit no proof cuz that cracka was 21 when he made them racist tapez..,.

2movwoo.jpg

28000ab.jpg

& if that cracka feminem was sorry about bein a racist cracka wtf was he tryna SUE zno & da source fa xposin his racist azz?? only CRACKA would do that!
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LMAO at this ? comin from the dead to post this wack ass thread and of course the only cosign he gets is this donkey.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "she's still a soul"? That's not what he said. "She's still a hoe"
  • GeE-757
    Options
    lol@ da white boyz n herr mad ha...
    "she's still a soul"? That's not what he said. "She's still a hoe"

but who is SHE??? will da real blk money hungry ? ? plz stand up??
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    this dude back? smh
  • PK_TK_187
    Options
    who cares if he said something racist?
    Ice Cube was saying ? and cacve ? all day
    freedom if expression
    its music ppl
  • SuperSoaker
    SuperSoaker Members Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember having that source and the little white CD gee posted. He was my favorite rapper at the time I coudlnt believe it at first. I feel like that article is biased tho, Benizino is a "community leader, voice of truth" Lolololool Yeah eminem might be a racist ? but I don't think Benzino was exposing on principle but based on getting publicity. Lol
  • The_Man
    The_Man Members Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    eminem can say whatever the ? he wants and you ? that dont like it can suck a ? hahahahaha
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    i had that cd gee post listened to it once and never saw it again

shrugs
  • GeE-757
    edited October 2012
    Options
    THATZ KRAZY HOW CHAMPTOWN HEARD THEM FEMINEM CRACKA KKK TAPEZ BACK N 2000 & AINT XPOSE DA CRACKA BACK THEN ESPECIALLY WHEN SUGE KNIGHT HAD THAT MARSHALL MATHERZ KKK SKIT ON DA 2GANGSTA4RADIO ALBUM BACK N 2000 & I REMEMBA FAGGOTZ WAS SAYIN SUGE WAS HATIN WHEN HE WAS RIGHT DA WHOLE TIME FEMINEM IS A FUKIN RACIST CRACKA KLANSMEN!
    PK_TK_187 wrote: »
    who cares if he said something racist?
    Ice Cube was saying ? and cacve ? all day
    freedom if expression
    its music ppl

cuck ? HIPHOP IS BLK MUSIK a racist cracka like feminem has no biznizz n it especially when hez still LYIN 2day about them racist tapez! ice cube can say ? crackaz & cave bitchz all day cuz this is HIPHOP blk musik now if cube was doin white musik like country musik then u could get upset but this is HIPHOP & ? SHADY LYIN RACIST CRACKAZ!
    I remember having that source and the little white CD gee posted. He was my favorite rapper at the time I coudlnt believe it at first. I feel like that article is biased tho, Benizino is a "community leader, voice of truth" Lolololool Yeah eminem might be a racist ? but I don't think Benzino was exposing on principle but based on getting publicity. Lol

zno momma is BLK thatz y he was xposin da cracka imean if obama is blk benzino is blk but yeah rite zno b killin me wit this feminem ? cuz 1minute hez on da crackaz head & then da next minute hez talkin sum peace ? ..but i guess cuz zno Know he is a stain n alot of peoplez eyez n da industry fa xposin how white emerica help;d a racist wannab shady cracka ELVIS like FEMINem steal hiphop from da STREETZ!
    eminem can say whatever the ? he wants and you ? that dont like it can suck a ? hahahahaha

u r white so i xpect u 2 think like that but ? a cracka n hiphop especially when that cracka is still LYIN about them racist tapez cuz fem was 21
    i had that cd gee post listened to it once and never saw it again

shrugs

well u should already know y i will neva 4give that cracka feminem fa bein a klansmen especially when hez still LYIN & MALIK SHABAZZ said BLK PEOPLE SHOULD MOVE 2 CRUSH FEMINEM! lol

• PK_TK_187
    Options
    so since when did hip hop become black music?
    cuz real hip hop heads know its for all races
  • wAXed_poetic
    wAXed_poetic Members Posts: 332 ✭✭✭
    Options
    At the time, I remember thinking that was all your typical beef between em and zno. Of course now it's evident that it was a bigger than just dissing somebody. Can't understand how exposing him didn't have a bigger impact. Friends in high places I guess
  • GeE-757
    edited October 2012
    Options
    lol@ sawed
    At the time, I remember thinking that was all your typical beef between em and zno. Of course now it's evident that it was a bigger than just dissing somebody. Can't understand how exposing him didn't have a bigger impact. Friends in high places I guess

REV PHIL call;d that ? it was all a plan & da ? was xecuted cuz look how benzino end;d up lookin like da bad guy fa xposin feminem as a RACIST when all he was tryna do was open hiphopz eyez 2 da shady ? that was goin down....& now hiphop is ? ;d but zno has himself 2 blame fa ? goin down da way it did cuz he shouldve been beatin feminemz azz on camera cuz he aint have a chance even tho he had sum hard feminem dissez 2 out rap marshall n a battle cuz regardless of how hard zno came like on DIE ANOTHER DAY or BUILT FA THIS n da massez eyez he LOST! smh.,.,

• PK_TK_187
    Options
    Zno disses suck
    Marshall kilt him every time