Who gonna sell more: Meek Mill Or Kendrick Lamar?

Options

Comments

• King Lee
    King Lee Members, Writer Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meek will sell more, but the way their pushing it probably by not much.
  • L3NU
    L3NU Members Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meek Mill
    meek millz
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meek Mill
    Meek - 120k
    Kendrick - 80k

Kendrick will have the better album though.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm shamed to say I never heard section 80 smmfh
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Here most ? only knew about Kendrick bc of A1 and then that's when they started paying attention. personally I think it will be about even with kendrick getting max with this push and Meek sort of doing less then expected. Meek could have had a bigger debut back when his album was initially supposed to be released, when his buzz was crazy, but that is yet to be determined. I also think Kendrick's fanbase is being underestimated just like Cole's was. can't do tours off of "internet" fans alone.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meek Mill
    Idk if its cuz my state is closer to Cali, but Kendrick just seems bigger then Meek, I dont even think this is a close competition and I think alot of MMG fans are going to be surprised at Meeks underwhelmings sales.

Kendrick's buzz feels like Coles right before he dropped, I remember nobody thought Cole was going to go Gold, but the fan base he built was stronger than anyone anticipated lol I see Kendrick doing the same thing.

no lol stop it stop it haha. Nobody thought cole would sell but his mixtapes had a huge download and support rate. And i saw earlier in the thread someone said em and gaga are on the album so hes gunna sell? False slaughterhouse has em featured on their albums and they flop. Wale had gaga on his first album and that flopped as well. White pop mainstream features don't garunte.

If kendrick had a strong fanbase they would have bigged up Section 80 which people didnt really run out to support ? . And things haven't changed since s80 and now in the positive. Don't get me wrong i ? with kendrick but to say he has a loyal fanbase that actually runs out to support him in decent numbers is false.
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Meek, he appeals to a larger demographic and does not have a problem with dumbing his music down. I know Kendricks album will be lyrically doper than Meeks but may under perform because he is not willing to compromise his integrity as an artist. Just my 2 cents though.

On the flip side Meek has a ceiling which is gold, history tells us an artist is only as successful as the leader of their crew. On the other hand Kendrick is running with a Platinum plus ? in Dre.

meek doesnt appeal to a bigger demo hes too explict to even fit in that category ... and when did dumbing down your lyrics = more sales ????????? ..... if anything dumbing down gotten alot of dudes record deals but didnt = increase thier album sales..... ;)

• nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Workout wasn't a hit until the album dropped
  • GeE-757
    GeE-757 Members Posts: 6,441
    Options
    meek mill....just off da fact hez da bigger artist kendrick just has a ? dre/euromath c/s & no hate 2 kendrick cuz i guess imma cop his ? but that ? he said about a cracka influenced him got me 2nd guessin about coppin his ? tho cuz i dont like blk rapperz who kiss cracka azz like EUROMATH SHADY artistz!,.,.
    antarticp wrote: »
    meek doesnt appeal to a bigger demo hes too explict to even fit in that category ... and when did dumbing down your lyrics = more sales ????????? ..... if anything dumbing down gotten alot of dudes record deals but didnt = increase thier album sales..... ;)

meek mill got da hood, burbz, hbcu & COLLEGE crowdz thatz y hez gonna b @ old dominion university wherr itz a mix;d crowd & alot of them is from da BURBZ.,.
  • Seansosa
    Seansosa Members Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it really doesn't matter who sells more , we as fans win! and hopefully both albums are worth the money.im supporting both artist no bootleg
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kendrick needs a harder single...swiming recipe are cool but when you dropping a debut you really need to drop a song thats gonna have people talking like "you heard that new kendrick!"

Swiming recipe>>> work out,and that other wack single
  • GeE-757
    Options
    Mumo_X wrote: »
    Why should we talk bout sales and not who between the two is more talented?

Ima ride with K.Lamar, he is jus too sick. It aint even close. Kendrick is the future of this culture, along wit lupe, Jay Elec and them..........

o man dont sleep on meek mill fam therr is a reason y hez n da WINNIN position hez n & he dont need 2 kiss no shady cracka azz like a euromath artist!
  • starvin
    starvin Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Forget sales, who will be remembered more ?
  • antarticp
    edited October 2012
    Options
    GeE-757 wrote: »
    meek mill....just off da fact hez da bigger artist kendrick just has a ? dre/euromath c/s & no hate 2 kendrick cuz i guess imma cop his ? but that ? he said about a cracka influenced him got me 2nd guessin about coppin his ? tho cuz i dont like blk rapperz who kiss cracka azz like EUROMATH SHADY artistz!,.,.

meek mill got da hood, burbz, hbcu & COLLEGE crowdz thatz y hez gonna b @ old dominion university wherr itz a mix;d crowd & alot of them is from da BURBZ.,.

same folks beanie had during his hayday and look what he accomplished ... im def rooting for meek but id be surprised if he doe platt ... im expecting @ the most gold ... there hasnt been a platinum artist in philly since Will Smith ... and he did that without the profanity ... but we will see ... HOPEFULLY MEEK GOES PLAT !!!! that would be super great for philly .....

however as far as kendrick goes he already had the west .... dont forget ? on the west been going platinum forever from Dr Dre to 2pac to Snoop to The Game etc ...... and im not just talking PLAT im talking MULTI PLAT .... + kendrick has a nice buzz out here on the east coast ....

im not saying Kendrick is DESTINE for PLAT STATUS ... but as far as who will most likely go platt .... its def Kendrick ... cause imbodies everything Meek got plus the weirdos who like super lyrical hip hop too ...

def dont sleep on the west coast .... shes a ? the game went 4xplatt off the west coast .... ;)

• t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meek Mill
    While I think people are: a. underrating kendricks following and b.overrating how much meek will sell I still think meek moves more units. Meek appeals more to the streets and the streets don't buy albums. I think Kendrick will end up doing a lot better than y'all think long term but I don't see him outselling meek. As long as meek doesn't get repetitive and has diversity on his album both will be nice...
  • TB.Boy
    TB.Boy Members Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Kendrick Lamar
    his shows are packed. He came to tampa about a week and a half ago and everybody knew every word guys and girls black white asian etc. He also has a big women following along with the cosign from dre yeah hes gunna do more. J.cole numbers first week maybe more
  • TB.Boy
    TB.Boy Members Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Kendrick Lamar
    I strongly suggest you all to go see this dude live.it was the best live performance ive been to.

• soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These threads are great because ? always end up catching feelings when they're proven wrong.
  • runningwolf1980
    runningwolf1980 Members Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meek Mill
    i know cts aint talking bout that lame ass kendrick is "nice"
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meek Mill
    These threads are great because ? always end up catching feelings when they're proven wrong.

That's one underlying reason i made this thread.

GUILTY! lol
  • GeE-757
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Mumo_X wrote: »
    Waddup fam!!!

I dont cosign K.Lamar kissin Eminems ass but K.Lamar got mad skills. Talent that can last him 10+ years in this game droppin jewels. I like Meek and MMG but they musik is not build to last long. In 2020, they aint gon be around. Replay value in any musician's catalogue is key. And even K.Lamar might not make it past 2 albums, even 1 cuz if he dont sell 250k 1st week, Dre ? ass gon drop him.....

yeah kendrick kissin feminemz azz fa a white fanbase is sicken itz like that is da #1 rule ova therr @ euromath all praise WHITEY cuz wit out da cracka therr would b no EUROMATH!....& im not knockin kendrick cuz he is nyce but meek mill has been puttin n work fa long long time & now itz payin off thatz y he is shynin he has been thru mo ? then kendrick thatz y he has mo 2 rap about & meek mill has touch;d on every subject u can imagine he is not a 1 trick pony but @ da end of da day im rootin fa both but i just think meek mill appealz mo 2 da MASSEZ kendrick is mo UNDERGROUND imo but INTERSCOPE is tryna change that wit LADY GAGA......
    same folks beanie had during his hayday and look what he accomplished ... im def rooting for meek but id be surprised if he doe platt ... im expecting @ the most gold ... there hasnt been a platinum artist in philly since Will Smith ... and he did that without the profanity ... but we will see ... HOPEFULLY MEEK GOES PLAT !!!! that would be super great for philly .....

however as far as kendrick goes he already had the west .... dont forget ? on the west been going platinum forever from Dr Dre to 2pac to Snoop to The Game etc ...... and im not just talking PLAT im talking MULTI PLAT .... + kendrick has a nice buzz out here on the east coast ....

im not saying Kendrick is DESTINE for PLAT STATUS ... but as far as who will most likely go platt .... its def Kendrick ... cause imbodies everything Meek got plus the weirdos who like super lyrical hip hop too ...

def dont sleep on the west coast .... shes a ? the game went 4xplatt off the west coast .... ;)

yeah meek is gonna have success like beanz & so will kendrick im just still on this ? that folkz only know kendrick thru da ? dre/euromath c/s outside da west cuz i know kendrick has been doin his thang out therr but 2 move unitz u gotta sell on mo then just 1 coast lol
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Both future legends imo, but Meek´s gonna sell way more.. He´s already had major hits, and K.dot hasnt.. With that being said, I do think K.dots album will be superior...
  • GeE-757
    Options
  • antarticp
    Options
    i like kendrick cause the ? got like 8 speeds ... he can be humble and low key and still ? ? ... or get hype and ? it even more .... most dudes gotta stay @ they 1 speed thier known for to ? ? .......

kendrick is so versatile its crazy ... imo hes kind of like a likeable peter guns .... hes gotta a very similar flow and manerism but you can actually understand the ? kendrick be saying without really digging into the rhymes ..... most of the time .... kendrick can leave you thinking like peter does too
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kendrick Lamar
    Meek Mill, and whoever says Kendrick is because they're his fans.

Kendrick is way better than Meek Mill but Meek has a bigger buzz.