Nas or Nelly? Whose career would you rather have??

Options

Comments

• dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    This thread implies Nas aint got dough like that

Based on that IRS ? and the amount of the child support payments, Nas' money is a lot longer than people think

based on that IRS ? , and the amount of child support payments... i'm going with nelly
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dumb nggas.

Royalties, residual income, tour money, club appearances, guest verses, merchandising, name/brand recognition...

Nas is shyttin on Nelly in ALL those venues. Nelly's name dont mean ? . Lmao Cool guy, but to sustain himself going forward he'll probably be on some Celebreality ? (Flava Flav, Jim Jones, Steebie J, etc.)

Lmao The ? is wrong w/ yall
  • Igot5onit
    Igot5onit Members Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    ? bringing up Kelis like thats the only ? he's able to get. You should know by now that Nas is a weird ? , hell go after the crazy ? with the natural hair before a certified dime. Back to the point ill rather go down as one of the GOATS of this genre instead of a dude who just had a nice run. Nelly will never be relevant again musically, while Nas can go away for some years and come back and drop an album and it will still be a big deal.
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nelly's as far as women is concerned cuz Nas lost when it comes to that. Ashanti and Random hoes in the tip drill video >>>Carmen, Amy Whinehouse, And Kellis

but Rapwise I'd rather have Nas's career because his Catalog destroys Nelly's and that's a fact
  • Little JJ
    Little JJ Members Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nelly name definitely does NOT sell like Nas's does.

We did a party with Nelly a few months back, we got that ? for free through a deal. Lets just say not that many people came.

But it was still a good party cause Nelly brought T.I. To the club with him...
  • TimeToParty
    TimeToParty Members Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    so basically thread starter you are asking....Would you rather be a watered down rapper who has money off a few albums or be a broke ass legend who is only a goat in ny...
  • dbrazil412
    Options
    Dumb nggas.

Royalties, residual income, tour money, club appearances, guest verses, merchandising, name/brand recognition...

Nas is shyttin on Nelly in ALL those venues. Nelly's name dont mean ? . Lmao Cool guy, but to sustain himself going forward he'll probably be on some Celebreality ? (Flava Flav, Jim Jones, Steebie J, etc.)

merchandising? i could question all the other points you made, but that one is probably the most outlandish.. anyways.. you'd figure you'd have some kind of numbers to back up these types of 'facts' you're talking about
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd be in it for the money, so Nelly.
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I feel intelligence is my wealth
    However, how enormous is Nas' pockets is a pop quiz to gossipers

Commentators ringside try watchin' my paper
    nas-h.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-hkzMyFMrQ

You cats still worried about chart position
    It's the heart that your missin
    It's the art that your missin
    Just a little something to hold yall over
    The Kristal album on the way, word up

When you're number one, everybody come
    But when you drop to two everybody still with you
    But when you drop to three everybody want to see
    But when you drop to four everybody still endures
    But when you drop to five people will help you strive
    When you drop to six you still in every mix
    But when you drop to seven people start guessin
    When you drop to eight people hesitate
    But when you drop to nine thats when you start to find
    That when you drop to ten you start to lose your friends
    When you drop to eleven your record stop sellin
    When you drop to twelve it's everyone for themselves
    So when you drop to thirteen you stop working
    When you drop to fourteen no more self esteem
    You drop to fifteen cuz you lived and you seen
    When you drop to sixteen you now out the scene
    When you drop to seventeen you see things you never seen
    Like when you drop to eighteen you know what it mean
    So drop to nineteen and on then to twenty
    At nineteen you lose your honey
    At twenty your money to a Playboy bunny
    At twenty one things ain't funny
    At twenty two you don't know what to do
    So you hit twenty three you look for security
    So you drop to twenty four no more can you endure
    When you drop to twenty five at the bottom you've arrived
    When you drop to twenty six you in a old school mix
    When you drop to twenty seven until you start steppin
    When you drop to twenty eight you start to meditate
    When you drop to twenty nine you expand your mind
    When you drop to thirty you see it was all ?
    No you drop to thirty two and it occurs to you
    When you hit thirty three now you can see
    That it's all about skill and a love for the art
    Not whose above or whose below in the chart
    You got to look in your heart
    It's there where you start
    I and hip hop are never ever ever apart
    WORD!!

Thats all i got to post. Peace

lmao

Listened to this the other day. It was the same album with the Nelly diss. KRS had a lot of anger in his heart that year. He stay spittin real ? tho.
  • S2J
    Options
    dbrazil412 wrote: »
    Dumb nggas.

merchandising? i could question all the other points you made, but that one is probably the most outlandish.. anyways.. you'd figure you'd have some kind of numbers to back up these types of 'facts' you're talking about

Sorry bro, im just gon rely on common sense to tell me NAS headlining a concert/club will do more than NELLY doin a concert/club. If that aint good enough, then it aint good enough
  • dbrazil412
    Options
    Dumb nggas.

Sorry bro, im just gon rely on common sense to tell me NAS headlining a concert/club will do more than NELLY doin a concert/club. If that aint good enough, then it aint good enough

nelly has more worldwide appeal than nas.. so okay let nas sell out MSG, as nelly sells out overseas in london or some ? .
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    Options
    Pervis wrote: »
    if u was a rapper, whose career would you prefer to have?

nas', who's been in the game for 20+ years, dropped classic albums, and is considered one of the goats.....

or nelly's, who went diamond with his debut album, saw his sophomore album go gold/platinum in over thirty countries, sold 22 million records (in just the usa alone), and is one of the highest selling male rap artists of all time?

whats uyour choice?

ill take nas ... especially if i dont have to take on the bad decisions he made off the mic
  • S2J
    Options
    Dumb nggas.

nelly has more worldwide appeal than nas.. so okay let nas sell out MSG, as nelly sells out overseas in london or some ? .

@ bolded when? Lol in 2012???

Also, bruh everybody sells out overseas Lol

Funny thing is, most countries BUT the US are loyal to hip hop acts of the past, and they are far less fickle than we are here, so, again, im gonna go out on a limb and say Nas is shyttin on Nelly in overseas concerts (when he chooses to do em)

• UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    Options
    Dumb nggas.

no he doesnt

• starvin
    starvin Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Someone had to bring up kelis, even when the thread title says career and not personal life huh
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The question is "career'', obviously Nas. I would take Nelly's accomplishments and money though.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Nelly. I ain't gotta be famous, gimme the bread and I'm good. Plus that ? got chart-topping singles that can at least get him some shows overseas for a while.
  • S2J
    Options
    Exactly, the thread says CAREER.

Maybe im wrong, but i take that to mean catalogue, income stream from said catalogue, reputation, etc.

Kelis, IRS, ChSup doesnt factor in imo
  • Kushington
    Kushington Members Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Nelly put out the music he wanted to and it was extremely successful commercially, i think that's every artist's goal.

But Nas has a lasting legacy and went down in history as one of the best rappers of all time, I also think thats every rappers goal.

Theyre on opposite ends of the spectrum
  • soulbrother
    soulbrother Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Little JJ wrote: »
    Little JJ wrote: »
    Nelly name definitely does NOT sell like Nas's does.

We did a party with Nelly a few months back, we got that ? for free through a deal. Lets just say not that many people came.

But it was still a good party cause Nelly brought T.I. To the club with him...
    ? you ain't got to lie to kick it....
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nelly. Make a huge amount of money in a short time
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dumb nggas.

Yep ..

I'll take all these plus

Nasir Jones after over/nearly 2 decades in the game is still musically relevant and has his fanbase intact. Plus he hasn't slipped up lyrically despite being a good 40 yrs old. He is regarded as arguably the greatest rapper ever.

Nelly has sold tons of records but has lost a massive number of his 'fans' despite him being a considerably good business man. Plus his recent drug bust up with the law is a slight taint ..

I won't follow some clowns in here and hype up another man's sexual conquests. Totally irrelevant and ?
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Be considered one of the GOATs

or

one of the high selling artist in hiphop.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Lol @ the euros sayin "? " fucc outta here wit that female lingo.Rofl @ sayin that in a uk accent
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't give a ? about who got more money, but what I do know is Nasir never went diamond....twice at that...someone said Nelly put the mid-west on his back (even though I never owned a Nelly album and I think he's wack as ? ), what Nas did? Carry Queensbridge projects on his back? LMAO! ? outta here...I'd rather cake, get my ? city on the map, kick nursery school rhymes, and ? bad hoes like Ashanti than having a Nas career.