Nas or Nelly? Whose career would you rather have??

Options

Comments

• DanknDrank
    DanknDrank Members Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nas nigguh duuuhhhhhhhh!!!!

You can keep the money hungry ? of a wife tho
  • DanknDrank
    DanknDrank Members Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nelly's net worth 55 million.Nasirs net worth 30 Million

Being in the game half the time and makin twice as much dough,droppin club bangas and becoming an successful entrepreneur>>>>>>

Ashanti+sexy+sha.jpg

ashanti-today-show.jpg

This woman>>> that disgusting lookin freak kelis who look like an extra from the wiz

Nasir been in the game 21 years and nelly 11 and he already lapped him wit classic albums and dough?

Smarten up nas

Me personally, wouldn't touch a ? that had sideburns like Eddie monster
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ain't a European

I'm African

Get your facts right ?
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You're an afrikan in europe which makes you even more of a joke you got 2 ? ? accents
  • rip.dilla
    Options
    Yeah yeah yeah

I've got dual citizenship

I can leave and enter my home country without qualms

I'm sure you ain't never left the States and you're still an unintelligent troll

LOL
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DanknDrank wrote: »

Being in the game half the time and makin twice as much dough,droppin club bangas and becoming an successful entrepreneur>>>>>>

Ashanti+sexy+sha.jpg

ashanti-today-show.jpg

This woman>>> that disgusting lookin freak kelis who look like an extra from the wiz

Nasir been in the game 21 years and nelly 11 and he already lapped him wit classic albums and dough?

Smarten up nas

but you proudly took pics of some random crackhead ? you gave a tuna sandwich to....
    cut the ? , ?
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options

Ashanti+sexy+sha.jpg

ashanti-today-show.jpg

Smarten up nas

It's been well documented that you're a ?

ashanti-e17best.jpg

ashanti-e7best.jpg

Lol @ passin on this cuz of sideburns

• rip.dilla
    Options
    ^ LOLz

Thread killa
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Nelly has sold more records than nasir in half the time

Nelly has become an entrepreneur with a successful business blacc enterprise ? while nasir has done nothin in 20 years.Nelly has more dough than nasir

Nelly's career>>>>Nasirs'.Jigga,fif,nelly,tip,E-40,LL,Cube,Kanye all have had better careers than nasir
    I don't have to type an essay to get these points across.Nasir is a better rapper than nelly tho
  • rip.dilla
    Options
  • shareef242
    shareef242 Members Posts: 186 ✭✭
    Options
    Kushington wrote: »
    Nelly put out the music he wanted to and it was extremely successful commercially, i think that's every artist's goal.

But Nas has a lasting legacy and went down in history as one of the best rappers of all time, I also think thats every rappers goal.

Theyre on opposite ends of the spectrum

Yup!
  • And_So_It_Burns
    And_So_It_Burns Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nas is considered a GOAT with multiple classics, well respected and most importanly he is still relevant..only rapper with more plat and multi plat albums than him is Jigga....then we have nelly who will be remembered for "Hot in Hurr" ? out of here no one will mention this dude 10 years from now he'll go down as a cheap gimmick. Nas is going down as top 3 best to ever do it.
  • Aristo_V300
    Aristo_V300 Members Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nelly's still rich right?

Nelly ain't beggin' ex's for sex right?

Nelly doesn't owe the IRS 6.5 mil right?

Guess you got your answer...
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Cigarello Slim
    Cigarello Slim Members Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Nelly>>>>Nasir

nelly dropped the hood classic nellyville in 02 & changed da game up wit suit and sweat in 04

bidenlol1.gif
  • emanuel08
    emanuel08 Members Posts: 515 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options

no disrespect but 8ball n mjg/ mr mike said it best below lol
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMiOpR4bQAk

• emanuel08
    emanuel08 Members Posts: 515 ✭✭✭
    Options
    i wouldnt mind nas career but those ashanti pics make this difficult
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nelly had an incredible six year run:
    -two albums that sold nearly 10 million copies a piece
    -two albums released on the same day that occupied both the #1 and #2 Billboard 200 spots. Both went on to sell 3 million a piece
    - a platinum remix album
    - a platinum re-release of the albums he released on the same day on one disc
    - some pretty big singles

After 2006, his career hasn't been the same.

Nas has:

- 7 platinum albums
    - 2-3 gold selling albums
    - one of his albums is considered one of the best albums ever
    - a solidified position amongst the greatest rappers ever

Nelly did more in a shorter period of time in terms of sales. He lacks the longevity and acclaim though. Nas is still releasing #1 albums that are critically acclaimed 18 years since his debut. No disrespect, but Nelly with assistance from Fergie and Pop hits like "Just A Dream" isn't doing that in about 10 years since his debut.

If it's a matter of longevity, sales AND acclaim, then it's easily Nas. If it's just a matter of just sales, then it's Nelly.
  • shareef242
    shareef242 Members Posts: 186 ✭✭
    Options
    Nelly had an incredible six year run:
    -two albums that sold nearly 10 million copies a piece
    -two albums released on the same day that occupied both the #1 and #2 Billboard 200 spots. Both went on to sell 3 million a piece
    - a platinum remix album
    - a platinum re-release of the albums he released on the same day on one disc
    - some pretty big singles

After 2006, his career hasn't been the same.

Nas has:

- 7 platinum albums
    - 2-3 gold selling albums
    - one of his albums is considered one of the best albums ever
    - a solidified position amongst the greatest rappers ever

Nelly did more in a shorter period of time in terms of sales. He lacks the longevity and acclaim though. Nas is still releasing #1 albums that are critically acclaimed 18 years since his debut. No disrespect, but Nelly with assistance from Fergie and Pop hits like "Just A Dream" isn't doing that in about 10 years since his debut.

If it's a matter of longevity, sales AND acclaim, then it's easily Nas. If it's just a matter of just sales, then it's Nelly.

Nelly has had a hell of career. He's Hall of Fame eligible. Nas is first ballot.
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ashanti+sexy+sha.jpg

ashanti-today-show.jpg

Smarten up nas

She finally did something about those sideburns

ashanti.jpg
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You're an afrikan in europe which makes you even more of a joke you got 2 ? ? accents

damn Tommy killing 'em.. lmao
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    You really see where a ? 's priorities are when he's asked a question iike this one.

Nas' name was synonymous with "classic" before Nelly even came on the scene. But that's not even my argument, here's my argument:

Nobody was thinking about or talking about Nelly last week. The only reason ? are talking about him today, is because of what happened yesterday. He, with all his money and his "bad ? " wasn't on anyone's radar at all.

Another case in point: Nelly dropped a mixtape, first of all a ? that went diamond has been relegated to dropping mixtapes alone is embarrassing, but the fact nobody even gave a damn is even sadder to me.

I like Nelly, always have but I'd rather have Scarface's career than Nelly's, I'd rather have DJ Quik's career over Nelly's at this point. Muhfuckas wear Apple Bottom jeans and forget Nelly even owned it.

Nelly's career, outside of selling a ton of records is a laughingstock. What classic verses does he have? What classic albums are ? still playing? Who's "top 25" list has Nelly on it? So really what's the comparison? You're comparing a ? that made white folks a lot of money and is banging a talentless, equally irrelevant broad to a ? that makes waves in the industry by doing small ? ?

Go to the topic on this site about Nelly's mixtape....you probably could count the responses on 1 hand, then go to the topic about Nas album, who matters more to the game?

"You come in spit a sentence and the game will get rid of ya'll"- STILLMATIC

Casket closed....

(Besides ? talking about Kelis living off Nas, at least Nas has a child out the deal. Ashanti living off Nelly, when the last time that ? sold a record? Ya'll ? dumb to even bring that up. They both lazy hoes lol)

So it's a bad thing females wearing apple bottom and forgot Nelly own it??? Like I know the name of every CEO of all the merchandise I buy..? that got to do with anything??
  • supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Man this thread made me wanna ? you. How can you seriously be so stupid and make a thread like this? You should really go to the bathroom and clean your hands
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IDGAF about what ? think about me or what they'll say about me when I'm gone cuz I'll be dead. Give me my money & I'll go about my way. In short...give me Nelly's career.

But since I'm not either if them I'd certainly buy a Nas album over a Nelly. Evidenced by the fact that I've never bought a Nelly album.