Moving to Cali Help

Options
RawAce
RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2012 in For The Grown & Sexy
Sup yall

I always wanted to live in SoCal. Jus the intrigue of the Southern Cali life has always been attractive to me.

I also understand there are factors you must consider like

- cost of living
- traffic
- colors

Any SoCal natives or familiars care to offer advice on nice spots to move to and which spots to definitely not move to,
plz feel free

thanx in advance

Comments

• Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    I see your thread doig numbera
  • RawAce
    Options
    I thought we had a good number of people from Cali in the G&S

maybe everyone from up north
  • blackjack2012
    blackjack2012 Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you black Mexicans will try to ? you
  • RawAce
    Options
    If u black,
    ? will try to ? u

so
    hey
    thats why you stay strapped in more than one way

that aint a Cali problem, thats an american problem
  • goodlookinout
    goodlookinout Members Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Culver City
    Westchester Area
    Torrance
    Leaders Heights
    Lakewood
    North Long Beach
    Downtown Long Beach
    Orange County
    These places coo. Maybe pricey but that's LA for ya.

Stay away from Downtown Compton Inglewood East Side Long Beach Watts The Jungles East LA South Central LA and anything remotely ratchet and you good.
  • goodlookinout
    Options
    I meant Ladera Heights
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? u deelishis lol @goodlookinout.. funny thing is i saw this braud a few months back in person.. didnt look as good as in the pix.... but then again i was blowed too lol
  • goodlookinout
    Options
    She killin it on instagram @jusdre313
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Born and Raised in CALI

West Side till I die!
  • _Menace_
    Options
    LOOK in the OC and Long Beach
  • Paisley.
    Paisley. Members Posts: 5
    Options
    California is going downhill. Everyone is depressed out here. Do not move here.
  • _Menace_
    Options
    Wait traffic? Yeah So Cal aint the place traffic is no joke down there

239.jpg

getprev2_4.jpg

LA-Traffic-11.jpg

latraffichighspeedrail.jpg
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
  • RawAce
    Options
    I keep gettin Long Beach from people

gonna look into it
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I live in the north...so i cant really give u alot of info on la area...i know pico pays like $1800 or sum ? ...what state u leaving?
  • RawAce
    Options
    leaving Florida

I lived in NorCal from 2004-2008 and visited SoCal a few times and jus loved the atmosphere
    Jus seemed so much more lively. Females lovely & cooperating. ? was jus nice.

FL is nice, very nice but its somethin bout that Cali living that jus feel better...maybe its a "grass is greener" thing.
    wont know till i go though
  • Little JJ
    Little JJ Members Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tell Suge I said, "whats up?"
  • heyslick
    heyslick Members Posts: 1,179
    Options
    Northern Ca has its traffic issues, BUT compared to Southern Ca. it's like two different worlds. Check out the Sacramento region & those cities within the periphery of the state capital - like Auburn,Ca. located at the foothills of the Nevada sierra mountain range - 100 miles from Reno, Nevada. The majority of these aforementioned cities are less than 40 miles from Sacramento & other areas that have more things going on for the party type - in my little town Sammy Haggard just opened up an upscale restaurant & its creating a lot of traffic - & helping the community overall - I think?
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    RawAce wrote: »
    leaving Florida

I lived in NorCal from 2004-2008 and visited SoCal a few times and jus loved the atmosphere
    Jus seemed so much more lively. Females lovely & cooperating. ? was jus nice.

FL is nice, very nice but its somethin bout that Cali living that jus feel better...maybe its a "grass is greener" thing.
    wont know till i go though

Just go visit socal...no need to stress about moving....you have no job offer that requires you to move...you falling in love with a fantasy....

My brother moved to cali a few yrs ago....had d same thoughts as you. he came back to MD three months later due to the novelty wearing off..cost of living etc
  • death187sin
    death187sin Members Posts: 6,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Been there.. Don't let the nice homes and manicured lawns fool you.. Them essays pop-off in the ally's behind the houses. Also they have apartments that look like hotels to the average eastcoast ? . Stay away from them.. Crime ridden!
  • RawAce
    Options
    heyslick wrote: »
    Northern Ca has its traffic issues, BUT compared to Southern Ca. it's like two different worlds. Check out the Sacramento region & those cities within the periphery of the state capital - like Auburn,Ca. located at the foothills of the Nevada sierra mountain range - 100 miles from Reno, Nevada. The majority of these aforementioned cities are less than 40 miles from Sacramento & other areas that have more things going on for the party type - in my little town Sammy Haggard just opened up an upscale restaurant & its creating a lot of traffic - & helping the community overall - I think?

already know

I used to live in that area

Roseville/Citrus Heights/North Highlands

• RawAce
    Options
    @ATTS
    &
    @death187sin

yall both spit cold hard facts...cold hard sobering facts

but lets jus say a brotha wanted to stay for 3-6 mos.,
    any more recommendations on where to stay and where exactly not to

also

does everybody know who is who?
    like, i like to wear a lotta blue and my brother like to wear a lotta red.
    can that continue(lol) or would we jus be dressing in black/white/brown for the duration of our vacation?
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Heyslick and @ rawace where u from? I live in the grimey part lol...but i know where u talkn about...my friends parents have a restraunt in roseville...all the poor people from the bay move here bcuz its cheaper so its getting ? ...and stockton is also a ? too...not too many people on the ic from the north...they usually in the bay area
  • heyslick
    heyslick Members Posts: 1,179
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    @Heyslick and @ rawace where u from? I live in the grimey part lol...but i know where u talkn about...my friends parents have a restraunt in roseville...all the poor people from the bay move here bcuz its cheaper so its getting ? ...and stockton is also a ? too...not too many people on the ic from the north...they usually in the bay area

I never go anywhere near stockton - you got it right 'bout that ? hole. Btw where is that restaurant of your friends located? It seems like Reveille has tattoo parlors/ bars on every other damn corner/street - along with a large homeless population - there's so many organizations helping feed and clothe the homeless,they will never starve or freeze - the community truly helps the less fortunate - I can relate to so many, I've been down that same road before - giving up the ? saved me (19 years of sobriety).

• RawAce
    Options
    @Max.
    I used to stay in what they call New Roseville off Gibson drive and yes, I would imagine the place is lookin a lil less sunny right now cause back in 2005 it was in the top 5 of fastest growing places due to Bay Area and SoCal folks comin there due to lower rent.
    All of Gibson is luxury apartments except the end of the block which is a complex for section 8. That complex was a success so they planned to build more.