Tupac VS Nas - Who was the better street poet?

Options

Comments

• Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? said Coolio of the 90s

tumblr_mbrbetWRy01rg2rf7o1_500.gif

Anyways, Nas easy. Unless you're a delusional Pac fan (do not drag me in that ? ), you can't deny that Nas was ahead of Pac lyrically and spoke on street ? more vividly.
  • ReppinTime
    ReppinTime Members Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Black people dont understand vocabularly. Or at least ? in the reason dont. complex lyrics dont got ? to do wit poetry. the thread is titled poetry not confuscious lyrics

Yall ? ? a be talkin ? about Maya Angelou. "Naw b, she aint describe the bird's plight wit enough soliloquies for me"

the streets already chose who spoke for them best and they aint choose Nas.
    nas aint choose nas either
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Honestly i ? w Pac he number 2 on my list but he was still on Young Buck s status when it cames to putting words together...
  • Lab Baby
    Options
    ReppinTime wrote: »
    Black people dont understand vocabularly. Or at least ? in the reason dont. complex lyrics dont got ? to do wit poetry. the thread is titled poetry not confuscious lyrics

Yall ? ? a be talkin ? about Maya Angelou. "Naw b, she aint describe the bird's plight wit enough soliloquies for me"

So, by that logic, Malcolm X is a better poet by Langston Hughes, cuz he spoke to the streets more? And the fact you said "Confusious lyrics" only shows how ahead of Pac Nas was lyrically.
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Street poet ...not just poet
  • ReppinTime
    Options
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    Black people dont understand vocabularly. Or at least ? in the reason dont. complex lyrics dont got ? to do wit poetry. the thread is titled poetry not confucius lyrics

So, by that logic, Malcolm X is a better poet by Langston Hughes, cuz he spoke to the streets more? And the fact you said "Confusious lyrics" only shows how ahead of Pac Nas was lyrically.

No you idiot the only reason speaking to the streets is relevent is because the threat is titled STREET poet. and no it shows how stupid you ? sound and nas being ahead of pac lyrically is irrelevant because of the reason I just stated in the other post.
  • MF_Doomerville
    MF_Doomerville Members Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    *waits for Bones Pac gifs*
  • Lab Baby
    Options
    Black people dont understand vocabularly. Or at least ? in the reason dont. complex lyrics dont got ? to do wit poetry. the thread is titled poetry not confucius lyrics

No you idiot the only reason speaking to the streets is relevent is because the threat is titled STREET poet. and no it shows how stupid you ? sound and nas being ahead of pac lyrically is irrelevant because of the reason I just stated in the other post.

You're forgetting the POET side to that as well. You say it like Nas only raps about pyramids and historical metaphorical oracle ? . It's too late in the night for me to be diggin all deep in his discography, but when you can make an entire album about Africa as it relates to the streets, I think it's clear who's better. Pac is more popular, but Nas is better poetically in all fields, including street topics.
  • ReppinTime
    Options
    You're forgetting the POET side to that as well. You say it like Nas only raps about pyramids and historical metaphorical oracle ? . It's too late in the night for me to be diggin all deep in his discography, but when you can make an entire album about Africa as it relates to the streets, I think it's clear who's better. Pac is more popular, but Nas is better poetically in all fields, including street topics.

the streets' opinion on who the better STREET poet is>>>>>>Some geek on AHH's

/thread
  • MF_Doomerville
    MF_Doomerville Members Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

the streets' opinion on who the better STREET poet is>>>>>>Some geek on AHH's

/thread

Which one are you?
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn, I hate to say but Reppin's right even tho he has a terrible hip hop opinion.

Pac>>
  • AdidasWun
    AdidasWun Members Posts: 443
    Options
  • And_So_It_Burns
    And_So_It_Burns Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

the streets ain't got time to decipher super lyrical ? .
    ? got money to make, bills to pay, HW to do. a ? ain't tryna break out a dictionary when he's tryna unwind.

give me a good beat, nice hook, and a solid 16 with a crisp flow ; and i'm straight .
    all that "goober oober party pooper, shooter like july 6 1766 " is not for me.

Don't attribute the "streets" to your own ignorance, simplistic nature and lack of imagination. If you think nas is too "preachy" say it yourself. Don't cosign people that don't even know u bro
  • Davis eyebrow
    Davis eyebrow Members Posts: 518 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is this even a serious question?
  • thecomebacklegend
    thecomebacklegend Members Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭
    Options
    makaveli

nas livin fantasies
  • Who is like God?
    Who is like God? Members Posts: 8
    Options
    Nas, like ? said, the ? paint pictures on some Martin Scorsese type ? .

• Davis eyebrow
    Davis eyebrow Members Posts: 518 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nas, like ? said, the ? paint pictures on some Martin Scorsese type ? .

• deemula420
    deemula420 Members Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't even know why this thread was made anything nas related wins in his favor round here its like nas is the icgod or something

you could say who would win in a dog ? eating contest nas or so and so

and ? gone say nas

nahh son the way nas would eat that dog ? is so vividly no one could compare
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    deemula420 wrote: »
    Don't even know why this thread was made anything nas related wins in his favor round here its like nas is the icgod or something

and ? gone say nas

Dude get a grip both nas and pac have die hard fans on this site. But how often do we look at ther street poet personas though? Both were poetic, but who expressed the street life more poetically? Which one is the better symbol of 'the struggle'?
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What da hell is a street poet?
  • *~queenbee~*
    *~queenbee~* Members Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nas don't busted his guns
    Quoted for emphasis!

• deemula420
    deemula420 Members Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RodrigueZz wrote: »
    deemula420 wrote: »

and ? gone say nas

Dude get a grip both nas and pac have die hard fans on this site. But how often do we look at ther street poet personas though? Both were poetic, but who expressed the street life more poetically? Which one is the better symbol of 'the struggle'?

yeah but the nas stans are worse then the pac stans. But to answer your question I choose pac
  • *~queenbee~*
    *~queenbee~* Members Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options

Tupakk was a fisher price rappa if he didn't get his chest blown off he'd be the coolio of the 90's

*chokes on strawberry*
    th?id=I.4875200956334715&pid=15.1
    R.I.P QueenBee ????-2012
  • Little JJ
    Little JJ Members Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Reggie80
    Reggie80 Members Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options