Nas or Nelly? Whose career would you rather have??

Options

Comments

• High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CJ wrote: »
    Smashing ashanti >>> both them ? careers tho

Things I'd do to her

? is ? .

You got paper like Nelly (or Nas) you can buy a whole harem of Ashanti's wholesale.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    down2earth wrote: »
    Career? Nas all the way.....that dude's name is timeless in this rap ? .

On a side note, why do people bring up money like Nas is a damn near dead broke and women like he's out here struggling to get ? ? Nas is a part owner of the Rock the Bells ? , and he probably has a better deal that 99% of these dumb-ass rappers in the game. And if these cornball ass rappers out today can get bad ass video vixens to hop on their ? , you think Nas can't? Y'all stay tripping man.

but in the artform that is hip hop you cant divide personal like and career because both affect each other. why cant most suburban rich rappers ever make it even if they buy the best equipment and pay their way into making local music? Because they don't have ? they went through or a struggle motivating them.

Even the most cliche club rappers need a motivation and a story to make fairy tale raps or cliche catchy hooks. With the great power and success of nas's career comes allot of L's. As a fan of nas its nice to watch the good times. But nobody trina have money owed and baby mamas taking money. Also ? talk about you can get any kind of ? but nas texing kelis on some drake marvins room ? lol.
  • headturner1
    headturner1 Members Posts: 21
    Options
    I have to go with Nelly's. More money, sold more records, bad ass chick that also has had a lot of success, timeless classic songs that you still hear in the club and radio from his old albums till this day, and classic albums as well.
  • BIGbaddBLACK
    BIGbaddBLACK Members Posts: 90 ✭✭✭
    Options
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Onyx_Guard wrote: »
    Not sure what the ? a st lunatics is but i'd have to go with braveheart. I think you get your own jungle body guard when you become a member.

lmaoo...Lunatics are certified platinum tho Bravehearts went triple rust
  • down2earth
    down2earth Members Posts: 953 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    down2earth wrote: »
    Career? Nas all the way.....that dude's name is timeless in this rap ? .

On a side note, why do people bring up money like Nas is a damn near dead broke and women like he's out here struggling to get ? ? Nas is a part owner of the Rock the Bells ? , and he probably has a better deal that 99% of these dumb-ass rappers in the game. And if these cornball ass rappers out today can get bad ass video vixens to hop on their ? , you think Nas can't? Y'all stay tripping man.

but in the artform that is hip hop you cant divide personal like and career because both affect each other. why cant most suburban rich rappers ever make it even if they buy the best equipment and pay their way into making local music? Because they don't have ? they went through or a struggle motivating them.

Even the most cliche club rappers need a motivation and a story to make fairy tale raps or cliche catchy hooks. With the great power and success of nas's career comes allot of L's. As a fan of nas its nice to watch the good times. But nobody trina have money owed and baby mamas taking money. Also ? talk about you can get any kind of ? but nas texing kelis on some drake marvins room ? lol.

I see the point your trying to make but the question of the thread was: Whose career would you rather have? With that being said, some people in here are commenting on all kinds of ? BUT the careers of the two individuals named. And to act like Nas publicized trials and tribulations are any different from any other dude and/or dude with money is stupid to me. His ? is just more out there because of his celebrity status. Dudes act like everyday cats don't find out other dudes are ? are have ? their baby momma(s). Dudes act like everyday cats don't have money trouble or trouble with the IRS in some cases. And are you really gonna act like some cats don't try to get back with or make ? work with the mother of their child? Come on man, be for real.

The "Ls" that Nas has supposedly taken in life aren't any different than the Ls that the next man could take or has taken. He just is a millionaire and is your favorite rapper's favorite rapper. Don't get me wrong, I'm not caping for another grown man, but people blow this "Nas has taken a lot of Ls" ? outta proportion for some reason like it's a trending topic on twitter or some ? .
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nelly by far. He has a lot more money, and people exaggerate Nelly's music like it's a loss. Dude's not walkin into rooms and everyone's lookin at him like Vanilla Ice. People respect Nelly. Dude went gold/platinum in 30 countries accordin to opening post. That sound like he walks around ashamed of his music?

TONS of people can't name 2 Nas songs, or sing the hook to even 1. Hard to say the same about Nelly.

SMH at people pickin Nas.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nas.

Respect >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sellin Out.
  • AdidasWun
    AdidasWun Members Posts: 443
    Options
    Nelly did sell Diamond with Country Grammer which was a very dope album and theres only been a few Rappers who have ever managed to sell Diamond that is a pretty big achievment and 1 of the hardest things to acomplish as an Artist

Nelly aslso made a lotta big Hit Singles and had a decent label and made a lotta money
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nelly

Career looks more enjoyable.
    Not too many Ls
    Was number 1 at one point
    Tip Drill
  • Reggie80
    Reggie80 Members Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How is this even a debate only allhiphop,Yeah Nelly had some big singles and sold alot of records that ? ain't ? but the 2000's Mc Hammer!Nas is a legend in rap.? ? me with this broke ? the man owes 6.5 million in taxes,he had too be bringing in alot of money too owe that much.I'm not going too even go there with the ? ,I could care less who a ? ? .

Bottomline Nas music>Nellys
  • PiffyHaze
    PiffyHaze Members Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nelly bc of the money & business opportunities.
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reggie80 wrote: »
    How is this even a debate only allhiphop,Yeah Nelly had some big singles and sold alot of records that ? ain't ? but the 2000's Mc Hammer!Nas is a legend in rap.? ? me with this broke ? the man owes 6.5 million in taxes,he had too be bringing in alot of money too owe that much.I'm not going too even go there with the ? ,I could care less who a ? ? .

It's ONLY a debate on allhiphop. "Nas is a legend in the game. Got (insert number) classics. His lyricism and depth is yadda yadda...". That's not normal real world talk. That's Reason talk. "Nelly's a sell-out yadda yadda." is allhiphop talk. In the real world Nelly's richer, seems like he had more fun durin his career. He's better known. That's real world talk.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    at the end of the day as a musician u tryna make money and have your music heard by as many ppl as possible,although Nas has better music and is more respected ill take Nelly's career.

making as much $ as fast as possible and feed my fam is what counts at the end of the day
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Again nobody is saying nellys music is better than Nas lmao. What people are saying is it would be more fun to be nelly during his prime than nas. And ? outta here with nelly being the MC hammer of the 2000's. Nelly had a diamond album based off multiple songs MC Hammers career is based off 1 song which is the only reason people bought his albums. Nelly had fun but also had different types of songs and some were serious and some in between.

And its ironic because from a money standpoint (which is part of a career) Nas looking more like MC hammer than nelly. Plus a big thing is nelly can lay low and has ways out of the hip hop game whereas all people see Nas for is being is a rapper. And ? can talk all this ? about blah blah it should only be about hip hop. But if i could switch roles with a rapper I wouldnt wanna be in the booth all day i would wanna be part of the day spittin part of the day at the club part of the day going to nike promoting the air force one and part of the day networking with jordan courtside because we both had deals with nike.
  • Reggie80
    Reggie80 Members Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »

Again nobody is saying nellys music is better than Nas lmao. What people are saying is it would be more fun to be nelly during his prime than nas. And ? outta here with nelly being the MC hammer of the 2000's. Nelly had a diamond album based off multiple songs MC Hammers career is based off 1 song which is the only reason people bought his albums. Nelly had fun but also had different types of songs and some were serious and some in between.

And its ironic because from a money standpoint (which is part of a career) Nas looking more like MC hammer than nelly. Plus a big thing is nelly can lay low and has ways out of the hip hop game whereas all people see Nas for is being is a rapper. And ? can talk all this ? about blah blah it should only be about hip hop. But if i could switch roles with a rapper I wouldnt wanna be in the booth all day i would wanna be part of the day spittin part of the day at the club part of the day going to nike promoting the air force one and part of the day networking with jordan courtside because we both had deals with nike.

Ok you lost me with your first comment if it ain't about the music then what's it about.How the hell do you know who had more fun in their prime? It's not like neither one of these ? couldn't ? any braod they want nor is either broke.Plus how you gon say Hammer only had one song last time I checked one hit wonders don't have greatest hits albums. U Can't Touch This, too legit too quit ,pray ,turn this ? out, those are just 4 I can think of.What deep songs did Nelly have?? was a party rapper in the same vein as Hammer period.
    All that other ? aside now outside of music Nelly has made better moves that's without a doubt.
    Nelly net 55mil Nas 30 neither one of them is doing bad!Nelly will be like he is now a afterthought,Nas will live on forever.It's like saying Terell Davis had a better career than Jim brown one is legendary another no one discusses even though he had a nice run.

• rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn

Distant Relatives gone 5x plat globally?

Dope ish to tour in the Motherland as well ..
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Damn

wat?
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Def gonna see the LIG concert here in London next year

Matter of fact, I'm copping the tickets this weekend!
  • real_hh_rep
    real_hh_rep Members Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭
    Options
    So called hip-hop fans never case to amaze me. You criticize America along with capitalism system, yet the only thing you little brains crave to is money. hence, why ya'll choose Nelly over Nas. But let's be real - Nas has more money than you and your mommas will ever have.
  • shareef242
    shareef242 Members Posts: 186 ✭✭
    Options
    Mumo_X wrote: »
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Damn

Ubosi oma

Distant Relatives is highly regarded worldwide but under appreciated in amerikkka. 5 million wow? congratulations to both these ICONS.

Imma try to cop the ticket in the cape if im around S.A

I knew it sold well internationally but I would have to see proof it sold 5 million worldwide.
  • c.b.b.
    c.b.b. Members Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd rather be in Nas' shoes honestly. People keep talking about Nas' financial situation, but didn't Nelly also recently run into financial trouble, owing the IRS, and also facing foreclosure on a home in Missouri?

Both are facing financial issues from what I know, but Nas' catalogue is 100X more respectable than Nelly's.

I'd say Nas b/c Nelly is going to go down in history as a wack pop rapper.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Id rather be respected than be a fad.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Lol didnt know i answered twice in this thread already. ? .