Comments

• Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lohse already at 58 pitches

• MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options
    I hope the Marlins are dumb enough to do that. Lol idk why they think an.unproductive arod is gonna put ? in the seats
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Options
    Carpenter gets in the line up and hits a 2 run blast
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope the Marlins are dumb enough to do that. Lol idk why they think an.unproductive arod is gonna put ? in the seats

LOL 38 year old filling up the seats ?

XNhfI.gif
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A rod benched again and granderson is too

They benched him 3x and pinch hit for him twice it's a wrap for his career in the bronx
  • KeepOnPushing
    Options
    A rod benched again and granderson is too

They benched him 3x and pinch hit for him twice it's a wrap for his career in the bronx

Pretty Much , Granderson also
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    If Detroit is gettin this rain we been gettin all day they gonna have to postpone this game til tomorrow and play a doubleheader
  • Chi-Town Bully
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Yanks stay alive for 1 more day because of rain
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Jeffrey Loria is dumb enough to pull the trigger on that move lol.
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A-Rod's Lost Arrogance

By Matt Spiegel-

(CBS) The Yankees are dead.

Last night’s ninth inning was not some kind of wake-up transformation, featuring a rare string of productive, grinding at-bats. That was a final, frantic reach for some vestige of their former selves.

This is not your regular season Yankees, second in scoring league-wide. This is a batch of strugglers at the plate, mired so deep in slump that the manager’s desperate lineup choices can’t really even be derided.

Why not avoid A-Rod and Nick Swisher at all costs? Who can blame Joe Girardi for doing so?

In the ninth inning, Girardi’s first choice was Raul Ibanez vs. lifetime LOOGY turned improbable playoff closer Phil Coke. The second choice was Alex Rodriguez vs. Joaquin Benoit. It was both stunning and understandable to watch the manager choose the former.

Rodriguez can’t turn on a fastball right now. He can’t get the bat around on anything above 82 or 83 mph. It’s a compelling, rapid decay which has delivered him to an unplayable abyss.

The physical reality of his loss of bat speed is one thing, and easily viewable. His loss of confidence is equally palpable and affecting.

His friend Kobe Bryant spoke to him this week, and put it this way:

“You’re Alex Rodriguez,” Bryant said on ESPN’s SportsCenter on Wednesday. “You’re A-Rod. You’re one of the best to ever do it. We’re different… I think really the difference is, sometimes he forgets he’s the best where I don’t.”

A-Rod has zero faith in himself, zero of that necessary “healthy arrogance” it takes to be great at the highest level.

His manager understandably doesn’t believe in him either.

Rodriguez famously admitted his use of performance-enhancing drugs, and there have long been rumors of his usage for years before his positive test history came out.

There are a few things we know PEDs can do for a batter.

The quick twitch muscles are greatly improved, enabling wondrous bat speed. Power can be increased by that alone, not necessarily just through built up muscles.

Recuperative abilities are grown, letting guys work out more often with fewer negative effects.

And then there’s this, which many users have addressed: a superhuman confidence emerges.

It’s an understandable, unshakable belief in one’s self, built on both knowledge that you’ve got some serious help in your system, and years of success. With every MVP caliber week or month comes further proof that you can and will deliver when needed.

A-Rod knew he was awesome, and he proved it week after week of season after season. He was dominant, untouchable.

Not any more. The hangover crash from that confidence high must be dark and sordid.

As he tries to play it straight, if that’s indeed what he’s doing, he knows he’s not equipped with the best his money can buy. So, in addition to being suddenly physically shorthanded and more pedestrian, he also knows that he is. Then, he starts believing the slump as his new reality.

That spiral of suck for him seems to get faster and deeper by the day.

Now, as your manager doesn’t go to you to either start or finish the biggest game of your team’s season, who among us expects Rodriguez to snap out of it and revert to being what he once was?

Soon the decision will be how much and when to eat the remaining 5 years, and $118 million left on his contract.

Sox fans, want a 600 home run DH/3B?

Yeah, me neither.
    http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/10/17/spiegel-a-rods-lost-arrogance/
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited October 2012
    Options
    When A-Rod was getting gassed by 85 mph fastball from the guy from Baltimore i was dying , like man wtf Lmao
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Options
    Scherzer dominating the Yanks
  • Chi-Town Bully
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Cabrera is a beast, it's over for the Yanks

CC getting rocked on the mound
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol....Jam done....
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Options
    At least A Rod didn't strikeout
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    At least A Rod didn't strikeout

Yeah, all he did was strand two runners..
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i kept telling ? detriot were going to the world series
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    $pyda wrote: »
    detcatinva wrote: »
    bring on the yankees i like the tigers more vs the yankees more than the o's

You gonna have to explain this. Especially when the Tigers didnt play that well against the Yankees this season.

Look at my Tigers record vs the Yanks in the POSTSEASON...that why our chances vs ya'll is more promising than vs the O's (last time we face the O's was in '83-84)

What I really hoping for is a Tigers vs Cards WS..........we really want payback vs the Cards....
    Dilla nevada is basing it off history instead of PRESENT match ups

The cards beating the tigers in 06 means nothing right now.What type of logic is that

Tommy, you a knowledgeable sport fan and all, but history does mean something in Baseball.

We are now a perfect 3-0 vs Yanks in the postseason.

Against the Cards tho ...Cards are up 2-1 on us ...and no record vs Giants in any WS, so it will be toss-up between any of those two teams vs us.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    I don't remember ever seeing the yankees get swept
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man you need to GTFOH wit all that "well we beat you before idk why we wouldnt again" logic
    The Yankees used to beat the Red Sox all over the field before 2004
    That logic is idiotic

Congrats to the Tigers tho. I have no words for them ? I rep in NY.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I just read the article on espn New york this team is on it's way to larry holmes status

If they gonna trade a rod we'll take him for marmol and that villanueva prospect and if the yanks eat the majority of the contract cuz we need a 3rd baseman.
    $pyda wrote: »
    detcatinva wrote: »
    bring on the yankees i like the tigers more vs the yankees more than the o's

You gonna have to explain this. Especially when the Tigers didnt play that well against the Yankees this season.

Look at my Tigers record vs the Yanks in the POSTSEASON...that why our chances vs ya'll is more promising than vs the O's (last time we face the O's was in '83-84)

What I really hoping for is a Tigers vs Cards WS..........we really want payback vs the Cards....
    Dilla nevada is basing it off history instead of PRESENT match ups

The cards beating the tigers in 06 means nothing right now.What type of logic is that

Tommy, you a knowledgeable sport fan and all, but history does mean something in Baseball.

We are now a perfect 3-0 vs Yanks in the postseason.

Against the Cards tho ...Cards are up 2-1 on us ...and no record vs Giants in any WS, so it will be toss-up between any of those two teams vs us.

The cards play wit mad heart but if they finish the giants I don't see nothin stoppin the tigers from winnin the '12 world series
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    i wouldn't even want a rod on the phillies. i rather have kevin youklis

if the yankees tried to trade a rod they would have to eat a large part of his contract.
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ESPN fint' to go hammer tomorrow lol
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Even though we got eliminated, ? hate having to work while the game is on.. smh