If you could take off 1 song from that dope album.....

Options

Comments

• Cigarello Slim
    Cigarello Slim Members Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Nas Is Coming" - It Was Written
    "Hola Hovito" - The Blueprint
    "Sookie Now" - Return of 4eva (I'll count this as an album since it's all original production)

LOL I almost put this in the Guilty Pleasure thread @Sion made yesterday cause alot of ppl talk ? about it but then I thought I dont feel guilty about it cause that song is dope. I can pick another one for sure.

Most people would say Black Girl Lost but I like that joint, I'll bump Nas Is Coming with no problem but out of the tracks on the album that's the only one I'll skip time to time. I think it's the intro with Dre doing that extra unnecessary inhaling and ? .

LOL Dre sounded mad corny with the infamous "grunt"

I'm with u on Black Girl Lost I know a few ppl from my hood who'll always ? on that joint I always smh

As far as Dre "Naaaaaaaas *grunt* we up in here hittin' some of dis chronic *grunt*

? makes me cringe lol but the song is straight
  • AdidasWun
    AdidasWun Members Posts: 443
    Options
    AdidasWun wrote: »
    that video got me dying right now

Literally 2-3 miles from where i live lol but stew gave it a wack quick time lol

Nobody cares about where you live to be honest.

Never said anybody did but i support local music, proud of where i'm from he said he found it funny so thought i would mention it.

To be fair stew i know you prolly don't know 1 broad that even lisyens to people like Styles P and them kinda Mcs so you should have a lil bit of respect when someone is a leader not a follower and suprts even raw rap.

You take this Horrorcore Relapse thing too serious in my opinion no 1 is trying to say you can't enjoy it go ahead and like it just chill out a bit if others don't like it tho but be happy you enjoy it. True talk
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options

Literally 2-3 miles from where i live lol but stew gave it a wack quick time lol

Never said anybody did but i support local music, proud of where i'm from he said he found it funny so thought i would mention it.

To be fair stew i know you prolly don't know 1 broad that even lisyens to people like Styles P and them kinda Mcs so you should have a lil bit of respect when someone is a leader not a follower and suprts even raw rap.

You take this Horrorcore Relapse thing too serious in my opinion no 1 is trying to say you can't enjoy it go ahead and like it just chill out a bit if others don't like it tho but be happy you enjoy it. True talk

No i dont respect you at all. U said Eminem is ? so ? and dont respond or Ill ban you.
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    A Gangster & A Gentleman - Daddy Get That Cash

Nosign. That's like Styles P's only love song, lol.

It's a decent Song but it don't feel like a Styles P song cos of the topic like you just mentioned but just seemed to not fit on the album either like the other songs did

Duke talked about robbing and shooting ? on that song, just like he was throughout the album, so it fit on the album imo.

And because he was talking about pain and crime on most of the album, it was good to see something different without it seeming out of place. The beat didn't sound out of place either.

Just my two cents. A Gangster and a Gentleman is my favorite album from 2002.
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options

No i dont respect you at all. U said Eminem is ? so ? and dont respond or Ill ban you.

Itchy finger trigger mane, steward don't squeeze.
  • AdidasWun
    Options
    A Gangster & A Gentleman - Daddy Get That Cash

Nosign. That's like Styles P's only love song, lol.

It's a decent Song but it don't feel like a Styles P song cos of the topic like you just mentioned but just seemed to not fit on the album either like the other songs did

Duke talked about robbing and shooting ? on that song, just like he was throughout the album, so it fit on the album imo.

And because he was talking about pain and crime on most of the album, it was good to see something different without it seeming out of place. The beat didn't sound out of place either.

Just my two cents. A Gangster and a Gentleman is my favorite album from 2002.

It's a not a bad Song it's just to be honest my least fave from the album and A Gangster And A Gentleman is 2nd fave Album from 2002.

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was disapointed with that album, I thought Styles was going to drop a 5 mic classic with his first album, he was in my top 10 up until about 02
  • AdidasWun
    Options

I was disapointed with that album, I thought Styles was going to drop a 5 mic classic with his first album, he was in my top 10 up until about 02

I thought it was a great Album he put a lotta emotions and pain acroiss on that album, it had some good production
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well I liked relapse and 808s but yeah I forgot about we made you and insane lol. so I'll take that off
  • Gucci Scott King
    Gucci Scott King Members Posts: 883 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Aquemini - Mamacita

Late Registration - ? Music
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stankoina

Humble Mumble
  • AdidasWun
    Options
    Well I liked relapse and 808s but yeah I forgot about we made you and insane lol. so I'll take that off

Fair enough if you like them but would you say they belong in a dope album thread just cos you liked them? because a person can like an album but know its not dope based on the major flaws it has
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Options

Fair enough if you like them but would you say they belong in a dope album thread just cos you liked them? because a person can like an album but know its not dope based on the major flaws it has

the same can be said about you having recovery in here
  • AdidasWun
    Options

the same can be said about you having recovery in here

Not really generally is recieved as a dope album, liked by a lotta people and it had a lotta success sales wise, can't point out flaws in that album that are major anyway
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I did take it off my list tho cause i realized it has more than 1 song I don't like but 808s is dope to me and that stays. Its not like the thread is for classics cause that would be a different story
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Replace Jigga That ? with the full version of this joint and BP is a flawless album

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dCfEhHDxBs
  • Stew
    Options
    Stankoina

Humble Mumble

the%20joker%20nigga%20what.gif
  • andre_1024
    andre_1024 Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JaPoint wrote: »

Nosign this, ? Music is that ? ..can't even think of a song I'd take off Late Registration
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options
    Stankoina

Humble Mumble

ya heard me, niccuh
  • Gucci Scott King
    Gucci Scott King Members Posts: 883 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    andre_1024 wrote: »
    JaPoint wrote: »

Nosign this, ? Music is that ? ..can't even think of a song I'd take off Late Registration

Don't really hate the song except for the hook. ? sounds annoying.
  • Stew
    Options
    Stankoina

Humble Mumble

ya heard me, niccuh

Damn son over "We Luv Deez Hoez" and "Ill Call Before I Come"? Aww hell nah
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options
    Stankoina

Humble Mumble

ya heard me, niccuh

Damn son over "We Luv Deez Hoez" and "Ill Call Before I Come"? Aww hell nah

To be fair it was a toss up between one of those three...
  • choppa_style
    choppa_style Members Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MMLP - ? Please 2 sticks out so much, even more than Real Slim Shady.

Relapse - Beautiful doesn't belong and has got to go.

Late Registration - My Way Home sticks out because there's no Kanye. Put him on that track or put Common on another song and take it off IMO.
  • AdidasWun
    Options
    MMLP - ? Please 2 sticks out so much, even more than Real Slim Shady.

Relapse - Beautiful doesn't belong and has got to go.

Late Registration - My Way Home sticks out because there's no Kanye. Put him on that track or put Common on another song and take it off IMO.

Straight trolling SMH. Beautiful by a 1000 miles was the best Song on Relapse and is 1 of Em's greatest Songs this Song and Deja Vu were the only really great Songs on Relapse an Album that belongs no where near this thread