Kendrick Lamar
    AdidasWun wrote: »
    GZus wrote: »
    It's laughable to call a Song like Superstar a banger if you ay that to someone outside the IC in the real world they will laugh at you

You can say you think it's a good song, you can say it is your fave Song but if you call that a banger then you do not know what a Song that is considered a banger sounds like

Banger means a catchy Song that gets you hyped when you listening to it type of Song that make a weak ninja wanna rob the biggest drug dealer in town or make an ugly ninja wanna holla at a dyme

A banger is a Song that people bump out loud in public places

^^^Exactly....You know ? crazy when You cosigning Shadyteam the whole thread

This ? @ohhhla actually tried to play me as if we all don't know what a "banger" is. Claiming I was playing a game of semantics with Genstasia because she considers Superstar a banger.

The word banger in hip hop isn't malleable. Far as I'm concerned there's one meaning; which shadyteam defined for us in the quote..

Why is it crazy??? 95% of things i said since i joined the IC are backed up by examples, backed up by Songs, backed up with valid points

It's only i'm the only Eminem Rider here schooling people on facts on a board based 99% of people being jealous bitter about his success and the stans of Jay Z sticking together so i'm riding solo like a Crip throwing up his blue flag everyday in a Blood hood it's all good though

But if you know me properly cuz i always have backed up my statements with examples ever since i been here i am just unlucky that i gotta ride solo and theres few fans of Em here and even those tend to be the casual type fans but if you did ya homework you would know i articulate my points, i back up my statements etc homie

Don't get me wrong, Shadyteam. I would ? the ? out of you but your Em stannery is WOAT and makes you look crazy

That's actually better though cuz crazy chicks always got the GOAT ?

I'm not a stan though i can admit Relapse was a weak album, Encore was a weak album, Bad Meets Evil was weak album, i can admit when he has a song that's gimmicky and silly and not good

Now ask most Em fans on here what they think about Relapse and 99% of them on here will blindly try to defend and not admit its weak

So 100% false you just ain't done ya homework or know the deal

But I would still ? the curry out that ? so you good with me

I don't go anywhere near losers and internet lames like you and no 1 wants an ugly STD clown. Some good advice is get a life

mmhhhmm yeaaah....I love it when you talk ? ....Don't stop

charlie-murphy.gif
  • RichPorterOfTheIC
    RichPorterOfTheIC Members Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kendrick Lamar
    i gave the slight edge to kendrick cause i enjoy listening to his music more as where lupe seems to force his message upon his listeners imo, but there both amazing rappers and both dropped top 5 albums this year
  • Gen. Stasia
    Gen. Stasia Members Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Name me ONE banger Loopy has ever made

Just one

Just one banger...name it

Super Star which actually went plat. And was one of the most remixed songs that year

Superstar is considered a banger...lol only the IC

Well the IC didn't make it go Plat. And TIP Jada etc don't take cues from the ic so *Shrugs*

And I thought by banger u meant hit. Anything else is subjective

• Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lupe Fiasco
    lol @ feelings. that don't answer the question
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kendrick Lamar
    J-Breezy wrote: »
    lol @ feelings. that don't answer the question

Bruh I only posed the "banger" question to solidify my stance that Lupe is not as versatile as Kendrick. All his songs are on some Keenan Ivory Wayans message ? . I feel like there's gon be a pop quiz at the end of the album

His rhyme game is always there. Always...But you see what happens when he strays from his usual instrumentals (Jesus mixtape, Lasers, half of the Friend of the People)...I bet Kendrick coulda rode them beats though
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He came back in the same suit that he was buried in similiar to the one his grandfather got married in.....>kendrick is nice though
  • AdidasWun
    AdidasWun Members Posts: 443
    Options
    Kendrick Lamar

Just one

Super Star which actually went plat. And was one of the most remixed songs that year

Well the IC didn't make it go Plat. And TIP Jada etc don't take cues from the ic so *Shrugs*

This is a Song in sound and style that us usually labelled as a banger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihg0aXALL-s
  • mohamed
    mohamed Members Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kendrick is overrated.....saw him live and couldnt understand a word he was saying. he lacks star power
  • mohamed
    mohamed Members Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    danny brown >>> kendrick.... on the low tho
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lupe Fiasco
    If Dre is nicer than Kendrick why wouldn't Lupe be?
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kendrick Lamar
    mohamed wrote: »
    danny brown >>> kendrick.... on the low tho

What the ? ?
  • Gen. Stasia
    Options

Just one

Oh then your question is kind of redundant off the simple fact your talking about something thats so Subjective. I thought you meant Banger by that Lupe cant appeal to large groups of people. I was wondering why nobody answered the question. It was a dead end. My bad Play on Playa.
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Options
    Kendrick Lamar

Just one

Oh then your question is kind of redundant off the simple fact your talking about something thats so Subjective. I thought you meant Banger by that Lupe cant appeal to large groups of people. I was wondering why nobody answered the question. It was a dead end. My bad Play on Playa.

You don't what a banger is sweetheart. What you're describing is a pop song. I don't know why you keep fighting over the definition of a term you don't know the meaning of. A banger doesn't have to be well known at all

But here's a well known one for you for reference

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTI0KDuQl_4

• AdidasWun
    AdidasWun Members Posts: 443
    Options
    Kendrick Lamar

Just one

A banger usually is a Song that has love in the Urban/Inner City communities but has love in the Suburb/Countryside too it's a Song that is naturally appealing to many type of people

It's like True Religions they get love in both communities, all demographics a Gangster on the corner flippin drugs rocking them as is a rich kid

Now i'm not a Jay Z fan but i can admit Big Pimpin is a banger
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Lupe Fiasco
    You're a troll, if you dont believe this wasnt a huge hit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty0u1PzXfTo

i mean thats arguably bigger than anything KDot has done pop wise.. but KDot might have his through his latest efforts b4 its all done.

I dunno who to go with .. I'm leaning towards Lupe, but Kdot is inspiring...
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Options
    Kendrick Lamar
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    You're a troll, if you dont believe this wasnt a huge hit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty0u1PzXfTo

i mean thats arguably bigger than anything KDot has done pop wise

My ? ....No one is arguing that Superstar wasn't a huge hit

Yall really don't know what a banger is? I'm bout to revoke some hip hop cards in a minute

No one knows about this song yet it's still a banger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7O79JPDE4Zs

Once again, a banger doesn't have to be a hit to be a banger
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Lupe Fiasco
    Meh what you put up is now just open for opinion not fact. Personal taste.
  • Gen. Stasia
    Options

Just one

You don't what a banger is sweetheart. What you're describing is a pop song. I don't know why you keep fighting over the definition of a term you don't know the meaning of. A banger doesn't have to be well known at all

But here's a well known one for you for reference

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTI0KDuQl_4

Yea i just admitted i didnt know because thats not an every day word people use around me. And usually when they did it meant a song was a Hit song. *Shrugs*
  • jayhi22
    jayhi22 Members Posts: 911 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lupe Fiasco
    No way KL is better than Lupe. Before the summer, Lupe would have been the overwhelming favorite, but... Because KL's music is fresh in your ears and he hasn't been in the game as long as Lupe (which means he hasn't given you enough reasons to not like him... Yet), Lamar gets the nod.

Lupe, no "bangers"? Lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBgSijwAtmQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBsefPizXJk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTntnTBjOLs

And my personal favorite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx1MWpa0juo

• DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Lupe Fiasco
    bumping
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lupe Fiasco
    Let's be honest, the only reason why this is close is because Lamar is new, and Lupe fell off aka changed his style from conscious to political.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lupe Fiasco
    I like Kendrick
    I'm still not all the way sold on him but he's alright
    But I think this poll is interesting. And I mean that before the version with J.Cole was made
    Lupe is the standard to some degree
    People think real highly of Kendrick, but if you gotta compare him, its to Lupe.
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Lupe Fiasco
    *Says Lupe is boring*

*Is comparing him to Kendrick Lamar*

First time I listened to Kendrick lamar mixtape I heard about 6 songs, then laid back and took an afternoon nap.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BoldChild wrote: »
    *Says Lupe is boring*

*Is comparing him to Kendrick Lamar*

First time I listened to Kendrick lamar mixtape I heard about 6 songs, then laid back and took an afternoon nap.

why do cats over exaggerate ...or just flat out lie ...lol
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lupe Fiasco
    Alot Of Prisoners Of The Moment....F&L The Cool >>>> GKIAMC