Jay-Z verse on "The Watcher 2" is crazy as hell

Options

Comments

• Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One of my top 5 Jay-Z verses of all time..those bars were on a higher level than anything he spit before that. Rakim also came through and crushed the building in half the time. Both of them AK'd that ? .

My other 4 (in no particular order) favorite Jay-Z verses.

Young G's Perspective
    Grammy Family freestyle aka Corporate Takeover
    The Dynasty Intro
    This Life Forever

• thecomebacklegend
    thecomebacklegend Members Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭
    Options
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jays verse was dope. Ill take Rakim's verse though.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i don't see how people say ra got jay on that track jay murked the hell outta that track even tho i heard the verse on the radio when he was mad at esco but still
  • almighty breeze
    almighty breeze Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One of my top 5 Jay-Z verses of all time..those bars were on a higher level than anything he spit before that. Rakim also came through and crushed the building in half the time. Both of them AK'd that ? .

My other 4 (in no particular order) favorite Jay-Z verses.

Young G's Perspective
    Grammy Family freestyle aka Corporate Takeover
    The Dynasty Intro
    This Life Forever

i can get wit this list.
    Dynasty is just an underrated verse altogether. nasty ?

• almighty breeze
    almighty breeze Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the So Appalled/Watcher II/Lyrical Exercise/People Talkin type Jay is some Super Saiyan 3 ?
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People say Ra got him but don't post the verse...lol
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the So Appalled/Watcher II/Lyrical Exercise/People Talkin type Jay is some Super Saiyan 3 ?

? song
  • PK_TK_187
    PK_TK_187 Members Posts: 2,240
    Options
    people saying Ra ? him just hatin or ? ridin
    Ra been fell off
    Dre had a better verse
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rakim got the best verse on the entire album.
    watch ? deal with homotions about it.
  • PK_TK_187
    PK_TK_187 Members Posts: 2,240
    Options
    dont feed the Rakim ? riding anti Jay Z trolls people
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PK_TK_187 wrote: »
    dont feed the Rakim ? riding anti Jay Z trolls people
    We won't..u know some of these ? gotta take it there

• coolc31
    coolc31 Members Posts: 517 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I just listened to the track. To me, Ra didn't have one memorable line, but if you like his verse better, it is your opinion so I can't knock it. I thought Dre had a better verse than Ra, but again, it's all an opinion.
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay always rises to the occasion.
  • texasdaking88
    Options
    That's the one thing I admire about Jay..? say he fell off but everytime some new ? come thru and dudes start talking bout he will ? Jay on a track, Jay schools the youngin(examples: shiny suit theory, Pressure, sitting sidewayz, cold as ice,Mr. Carter etc...) or when he does songs with legends like ra, nas..he's too versatile to be boxed in
  • mohamed
    mohamed Members Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's the one thing I admire about Jay..? say he fell off but everytime some new ? come thru and dudes start talking bout he will ? Jay on a track, Jay schools the youngin(examples: shiny suit theory, Pressure, sitting sidewayz, cold as ice,Mr. Carter etc...) or when he does songs with legends like ra, nas..he's too versatile to be boxed in

haha i think he does it on purpose. he blacked on the Saigon track smh... i know them ? be mad lol

on topic ra's verse is more poetic but jay had the all around better verse. delivery, emotion , lyrics were on point
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ra did his thing(as expected) but Jay held his own...
  • texasdaking88
    Options
    mohamed wrote: »

haha i think he does it on purpose. he blacked on the Saigon track smh... i know them ? be mad lol

on topic ra's verse is more poetic but jay had the all around better verse. delivery, emotion , lyrics were on point

Lol @Jay trolling these cats..i bet when they write their rhymes, they be thinking "yea imma get that ? with this line" then hear his verse like "damn, ? aint have to go there wit it"..I remember kanye saying something like this before
  • Mr. Leonidas
    Mr. Leonidas Members Posts: 2
    Options
    Jay-Z bodied that track
  • mohamed
    Options

Lol @Jay trolling these cats..i bet when they write their rhymes, they be thinking "yea imma get that ? with this line" then hear his verse like "damn, ? aint have to go there wit it"..I remember kanye saying something like this before

him and ya fellow texan bun b went at it on 'get throwed' tho
  • texasdaking88
    Options

I thought the same thing on big pimping.. I ain't.heard "get throwed" in a good minute.. bout to go listen to it now.. Jay brings out the best in artist..I think he holds back with kanye tho..ever since the "Diamonds" remix

• mohamed
    Options

I thought the same thing on big pimping.. I ain't.heard "get throwed" in a good minute.. bout to go listen to it now.. Jay brings out the best in artist..I think he holds back with kanye tho..ever since the "Diamonds" remix

i dunno, he blacked on the go hard remix haha smh haha
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ anybody taking seriously the opinion of a certfied ? .
  • choppa_style
    choppa_style Members Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

One of his most underrated verses

Blueprint II mad underrated. Everyone focuses too much on the duds on the album.
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

One of his most underrated verses

Blueprint II mad underrated. Everyone focuses too much on the duds on the album.

Not really. It was double discs you got songs like ? All Nite, A Dream, What They Gonna Do Pt. 1 & 2, Excuse Me Miss, '03 Bonnie and Clyde, and etc.

Like no.