Who Was This Kwame Dude Biggie Was Sh*ttin On?

Options
Idiopathic Joker
Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
I hear his name a lot in Biggie's music. I heard he was a old school rapper, but did homie suck that bad, big had to ? on him?

Comments

• huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    youtube son.....youtube.
  • b@squ1@t redux
    b@squ1@t redux Members Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    theres also this thing called google...i heard it can be helpful
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited November 2012
    Options
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    Mr polka dots

? had a polka dot song?
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You talmbout dude who was like a Kid N Play/Young MC type rapper...?
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I dont remember this ? but he sounds like a fake Slick Rick on this one but different on others he was ass though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH_IRMmOvJE
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Threadstarter's life is played out..
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kwame was that ? . he was the man on a small level in his day. he had some hits. he a producer now. he did that lloyd banks on fire joint and lots of other ? that i dont know. he was never super super big, but he def contribute to the culture. in my opinion, he was one of the first swag rappers.
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    and u are the problem with Hip Hop . ? like u dont know ? about music . Oh u werent old enough when Kwame was out huh . I wasnt old enough when Marvin Gaye was hot or Smokey Robinson was hot either . Do some research dude . Listen to all music . and if u are just a Hip Hop fan know as many things about the genre u enjoy the most . Ole uninformed uneducated on music ass ?
  • Brian B.
    Brian B. Members Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Threadstarter's life is played out..

Like Kwame & them ? polka dots
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Recipe wrote: »
    I dont remember this ? but he sounds like a fake Slick Rick on this one but different on others he was ass though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH_IRMmOvJE

Damn everyone in that Video was dressed like Batman villians and ? Tracy
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    The thing about Kwame is he was a decent kinda lighthearted pop rapper that came out at a time when anything even seeming like pop was not what was hot.

Around this time what was hot was Tribe, Brand Nubian, Public Enemy, Ice Cube, BDP, EPMD, Gang Starr, NWA, and Erick B and Rakim. -- that's a tough climate to come out in being a middle of the road pop-rapper who wears polka dots.

But I did used to be in love with the chick that sang the hook in this video for some reason...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsJwanW7W7o
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    Mrslim1 wrote: »
    and u are the problem with Hip Hop . ? like u dont know ? about music . Oh u werent old enough when Kwame was out huh . I wasnt old enough when Marvin Gaye was hot or Smokey Robinson was hot either . Do some research dude . Listen to all music . and if u are just a Hip Hop fan know as many things about the genre u enjoy the most . Ole uninformed uneducated on music ass ?

oh, ? forbid my music taste is out of wack for not knowing about ? kwame
  • SheerExcellence
    Options
    The thing about Kwame is he was a decent kinda lighthearted pop rapper that came out at a time when anything even seeming like pop was not what was hot.

Around this time what was hot was Tribe, Brand Nubian, Public Enemy, Ice Cube, BDP, EPMD, Gang Starr, NWA, and Erick B and Rakim. -- that's a tough climate to come out in being a middle of the road pop-rapper who wears polka dots.

But I did used to be in love with the chick that sang the hook in this video for some reason...

everyone was
    and if u from nyc
    do u remember that show with bobby simmons and some spanish chick?
    and you call up and they play ur video?
    it was on public access channel 35 or some ?
    i think it was called flava videos
    but they played this video like 3x a day everyday
    if u know this video and know this song, then i know u know flava videos
    i used to love that ?
    and this song was my ? back in elementary school
    i love this ?
    damn i love old school hip hop
  • SheerExcellence
    Options

my bad
    i wasnt in love with the singer
    i was in love with the girlfriend
  • SheerExcellence
    Options
    but
    hahaahaha
    lol@ those clothes
    im glad i was 8 or 9 when this ? was out
    haha
    if i was 20 years old dressing like this
    and looked at old pics, id ? myself
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    'unbelievable' is my favorite biggie song..
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yea they are my dude . U dont even have to like him but u have the know who he is . After his rap days he became a successful producer . My bad if I was a lil harsh but alot of cats dont know ? about music but want to be the biggest critic . U got to know history of music , all music or at least know the history .
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Can you really be considered uninformed if you don't know about an insignificant ass ? like Kwame?
  • SheerExcellence
    Options

Yea they are my dude . U dont even have to like him but u have the know who he is . After his rap days he became a successful producer . My bad if I was a lil harsh but alot of cats dont know ? about music but want to be the biggest critic . U got to know history of music , all music or at least know the history .

mr. slim
    u aint never lied
    these young kids got no clue
    kwame had that ? on lock
    everyone was wearing this silk polka dot ? and if they say there werent, then they werent getting no ?
    i remember 7th grade spring fling i begged my mom for that black rayon shirt with the gold polka dots
    and i got that ? by washing dishes and even kiss my ? the mouth that night
    hahaah
    i was in 7th grade, dont laugh
    i was the man that night
    haah
    and kwame was the soundtrack
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think I heard of him through his production, but never as an artist.
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kwame was your run of the mill new jack swing rapper in the late 80s very popular amongst teens and young adults at that time. Kwame was one of the first hip hop ? to spit that button up/grown man rap style them jigga warriors act like Jay Z founded. Kwame was the first ? that I seen with the blonde streaks and design in his head that hipsters emulate now. Kwame wasnt afraid to bust a move in his videos and stage performances and I used to copy his moves when I was 7-8. in fact i had a word up spreadsheet poster of Kwame in a dope MCM fit hanging on my wall. ? biggie. he was just mad that ? were checkin for light skinned, smooth chocolate clean cut party ? in 1990-1992. he just dissin kwame from repressed anger of getting turned by a girl he really liked down at a party or something and heard a kwame song in the background. you never know with biggie dude was just a natural hater
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    Kwame was your run of the mill new jack swing rapper in the late 80s very popular amongst teens and young adults at that time. Kwame was one of the first hip hop ? to spit that button up/grown man rap style them jigga warriors act like Jay Z founded. Kwame was the first ? that I seen with the blonde streaks and design in his head that hipsters emulate now. Kwame wasnt afraid to bust a move in his videos and stage performances and I used to copy his moves when I was 7-8. in fact i had a word up spreadsheet poster of Kwame in a dope MCM fit hanging on my wall. ? biggie. he was just mad that ? were checkin for light skinned, smooth chocolate clean cut party ? in 1990-1992. he just dissin kwame from repressed anger of getting turned by a girl he really liked down at a party or something and heard a kwame song in the background. you never know with biggie dude was just a natural hater

you would incorporate jigga in here somehow
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »

you would incorporate jigga in here somehow

well its the truth. kwame used to dress up in suits that jay z act like he the first ? in hip hop to wear a suit. matter of fact if you want to get technical kwame influence hawaii sophie. jay z not the first ? to spit grown man rap