Can Kobe win his 2nd MVP trophy this year... Hmmmm?

Options

Comments

• P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^ and again this dude doesn't say anything that hasn't already been said....class dismissed lol u a substitute teacher reading off the real teacher's notes. hop on ya bike now and pedal away before method man stabs you samuel.
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe could have won it any year post 2003 and it would have been legit, but steve nash changed the game once he got to the suns, half the league tried to copy their style and failed. If you weren't copying the lakers by getting big bodies, you were trying to run a form of the 7 second offense. MVP isn't the best player in the league award, if it was Kobe should have won it like 7 years straight.

but his team either wasn't winning or he wasn't the best player on team . why should he get mvp and he's not the most valuable person on his own team .
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can we just say what it is, KOBE DOES NOT MAKE HIS TEAMMATES BETTER. That's why he only has 1 mvp, same reason why Melo will never win ? because of that reason too. Anyone can chuck up shots all day, but do you bring the best out your teammates (Duncan, Nash, Lebron,etc).
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everytime this argument comes up, the facts, numbers and stats always back up the fact that Kobe was never robbed of an MVP. His play and his teams were sub par as ? . The usual Kobe stans will come in here with every thing but the actual stats and figures.....Karl Rove ass ? .
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Homie really used T-Mac's playoff performance as a reason why he didn't deserve MVP.
  • P swayze166
    Options
    Kobe could have won it any year post 2003 and it would have been legit, but steve nash changed the game once he got to the suns, half the league tried to copy their style and failed. If you weren't copying the lakers by getting big bodies, you were trying to run a form of the 7 second offense. MVP isn't the best player in the league award, if it was Kobe should have won it like 7 years straight.

but his team either wasn't winning or he wasn't the best player on team . why should he get mvp and he's not the most valuable person on his own team .

Ummm he def was the best player on his team every year from 03 on and read my post I justify why Nash should of won them, if the MVP meant the best player in the league kobe would have won like 7 years straight...but LIKE I SAID, it's not that award......and how was Kobe not the most valuable person on his own team lmao...who was chucky Atkins?
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe should have won in 2001, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009.

I'm convinced yall weren't watching games.
  • MC The Rapper
    Options

Ummm he def was the best player on his team every year from 03 on and read my post I justify why Nash should of won them, if the MVP meant the best player in the league kobe would have won like 7 years straight...but LIKE I SAID, it's not that award......and how was Kobe not the most valuable person on his own team lmao...who was chucky Atkins?

Shaq was always considered better than kobe during shaq's prime . and when chucky atkins was on the team they weren't winning games. You have to win games . dropping 40 every night doesn't mean anything if it doesn't translate to wins .
  • P swayze166
    Options
    Shaq's prime ended in 2001 maybe 2002...Kobe had taken over the team by then......they were in playoffs with a terrible roster until 2008. And again I'm not arguing against Nash, so where are you going with any of this?
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    From 96-04 shaq>>>Kobe.In 03 and 04 kobe shot way more scored more and shaq got injured and the lakers ironically Lost in the playoffs/finals.When the offense was ran thru the diesel 67-15(11-3 without kobe),19 game winning streaks and championships

Lmao kobe the ONLY star who had the luxury of playing half his career as the 2nd best player on his team.Put that in perspective

Jordan,Lebron,Bird,Magic,Hakeem,Timmy Duncan etc cant relate that's why they'll always be ranked higher on the list by real fans and the basketball gods
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    From 96-04 shaq>>>Kobe.In 03 and 04 kobe shot way more scored more and shaq got injured and the lakers ironically Lost in the playoffs/finals.When the offense was ran thru the diesel 67-15(11-3 without kobe),19 game winning streaks and championships

Lmao kobe the ONLY star who had the luxury of playing half his career as the 2nd best player on his team.Put that in perspective

Jordan,Lebron,Bird,Magic,Hakeem,Timmy Duncan etc cant relate that's why they'll always be ranked higher on the list by real fans and the basketball gods

What about wade??? He was the star of his team from 03 (really 06) to 2010 that's only 7 years (really 4 years) as the best player on his team
  • P swayze166
    Options
    ^Don't feed the trolls man he is the bill oreilly of these forums
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    ^Lmao I stay makin this homotional child catch feelins he stay flaggin posts cuz he catches feelins about what I say
    blu197 wrote: »

What about wade??? He was the star of his team from 03 (really 06) to 2010 that's only 7 years (really 4 years) as the best player on his team

Wade was the best player on the heat until july 8,2010 when the king arrived

He didn't play half his career as the 2nd best player like kobe."I'm tired of being a sidekick" -Kobe

These groupies tryna argue he was an mvp candidate? Lmao this ? wasn't even the best player on his team for half his career then couldn't get out the 1st round until the most skilled Pf besides timmy fundamentals arrived
  • P swayze166
    Options
    I've never flagged anyone of your posts.....you quote me and put it in ya sig. Added me to your obsession next to ya Kobe shrine.
  • MC The Rapper
    Options
    Shaq's prime ended in 2001 maybe 2002...Kobe had taken over the team by then......they were in playoffs with a terrible roster until 2008. And again I'm not arguing against Nash, so where are you going with any of this?

if your team doesn't win your not going to win the mvp its that simple . Kobe fans are making claims that aren't true by saying oh he's was the best player in league he hasn't been the best player in league ever either. Best SG definitely best player no . Tim Duncan and Lebron have not only had good statistical years and years where their teams were competitive in Lebron's case and winning championships in Tim Duncan's
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SMH cats is still ? about Nash getting that 2nd MVP? Let it the ? go.
  • P swayze166
    Options
    Nah Kobe was by the far best player in the league, sorry playa.
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Can we just say what it is, KOBE DOES NOT MAKE HIS TEAMMATES BETTER. That's why he only has 1 mvp, same reason why Melo will never win ? because of that reason too. Anyone can chuck up shots all day, but do you bring the best out your teammates (Duncan, Nash, Lebron,etc).

But has Nash ever brought the best out of his teammates to win a ring.....Kobe has 5..... more than all those guys in parentheses put together
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall forgetting Usmarine doesnt know ? about sports

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg3a_Ix_xLs
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i guess Magic didnt play with kareem
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Honestly i could see Dwight getting it .. he's posting good #'s now and probably playing at 75-80% .. he'll get back to the games where he's constantly having 13-15 Rebounds

• MC The Rapper
    edited November 2012
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »

what were magic's responsibilities on the basketball floor and what were kobes when he was playing with shaq ?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

what were magic's responsibilities on the basketball floor and what were kobes when he was playing with shaq ?

Kobe was the chief facilitator, perimeter defender and Co pilot of the offense
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    playmaker answered you MC
    and magic never guarded anyone, he was the 1st version of Nash, all offense
  • MC The Rapper
    Options

Kobe was the chief facilitator, perimeter defender and Co pilot of the offense

well magic was running the offense, rebounding, being top in league in assists and scoring almost averaging a triple double while playing multiple positions even fulling in for kareem at one point .