The Official Wiz Khalifa "O.N.I.F.C" Album Discussion Thread (12.4)

Options
lookdude
lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2012 in The Reason
tumblr_m8fylujI8b1qbqmu8.jpg

Album drops December 4th

Comments

• lookdude
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Wiz Khalifa Talks "O.N.I.F.C.”

h77q1f2mie.jpg

Did you have a vision for the album as a whole?

It’s definitely going to be another one of those full expressions. It’s also going to be something new. It’s a totally new experience for everybody. It’s something new for me so I want everybody to feel progression and also the consistency.

Is it important for you to tell stories and paint visual pictures with the songs?

I just build off of my own personal experiences of what I know exists. I talk about reality and some opinions I might have. People I have a certain way of saying things. I put that into my music and make it interesting and fun. I don’t really try to change people’s opinions on too much. I really just try to go with what they know and let them know I feel that way too.

What song from O.N.I.F.C. speaks to you the most?

I do actually have a favorite song. I’m not even going to lie [Laughs]. My favorite is “The Bluff” with me and Cam’Ron. That’s because it was the best situation to ever happen, and it’s the biggest dream to come true for me. The way it happened, what the song is, and what it’s about make it my favorite. Cam’Ron has a lot of swag. I was just trying to match that Harlem swag but still do my Pittsburgh thing. It’s a good mesh.

When did you first hear Cam’Ron?

I’ve been into him since he first came out. I remember listening to the first album and the second album. Then, he got with Roc-A-Fella. After that, they started doing the Dipset thing. I bought every Cam’Ron record. There was a time when people were burning a lot of CDs and bootlegging stuff. I’d burn CDs too but as soon as a Cam’Ron CD came out I made sure I bought that [Laughs]. I wouldn’t be burning that.

If you were to compare O.N.I.F.C. to a movie or a combination of movies, what would you compare it to?

Pulp Fiction! I love that movie. This is like stories on top of stories, but there’s still one main story. There’s action. There’s that sleek, upscale boss life. Then, there’s a little bit of rawness to it. It has that grimy Pittsburgh ? that’s been in all of my projects as well. It’s got everything. I remember the first time I saw Pulp Fiction I didn’t know what the ? was going on, but it grew to be one of my favorite movies.
  • lookdude
    edited November 2012
    Options
    in the video you see wiz workin on tracks for the album

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPrFRo-CJcg&feature=plcp
  • lookdude
    Options

if you not a fan why u even wasting your time posting in here
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? noone wants to hear this garbage
  • lookdude
    Options
    ? noone wants to hear this garbage

genoicde i ? wit you, but aye you don't have to listen or click this thread brah, just keep it moving
  • Bawse D.Lox
    Bawse D.Lox Members Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lookdude wrote: »

if you not a fan why u even wasting your time posting in here

just ignore that fool.
    anyways can't wait 4 the album to drop.
    #5a7ut3
  • IceBergTaylor
    edited November 2012
    Options
    ? noone wants to hear that ICP donkey ? garbage

Touche broseph
    tumblr_lyyds5VgJt1rom0jfo1_500.gif
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did he really compare his album to Pulp Fiction?.. Work Hard Play Hard sounds like some ? my niece can double dutch too.. rappers stay reaching..
  • PiffyHaze
    PiffyHaze Members Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this ? going to be wack
  • lookdude
    edited November 2012
    Options
    mwell_wiz_2_r1.jpg

“Atlantic likes O.N.I.F.C.,” says Wiz. “But they want more obvious singles because that’s what sells it for them. My belief in the record is what sells it to me. It’s not a conflict. You just have to communicate so everybody understands it.”

“When I did Prince of the City 2, I never felt like I was forcing anything,” he says. “I put it all together. I had club records, girl records, and ones where I was spitting. I figured out all the different dimensions of myself and pulled them together and realized, I can’t just give people one or two styles. I had to be like, ‘This is me. I’m the complete package.’”

. “Kush & Orange Juice is a classic mixtape, but it’s still a mixtape,” he says. “That mixtape is raw. I did what I wanted to do. You can’t do that on an album because other people gotta eat off that album. There’s business that goes into an album. When you do an album, you can’t separate the music from the business because it’s music business.”

“He helped me stay out of the way of a lot of ? because he’s seen so much,” says Wiz of Spitta, who languished on No Limit and Cash Money before cultivating a buzz independently and signing with Warner. “He helped me with marketing and branding when we were coming up. Where I was confused, he had the answer. When he was confused, I had the answer. Curren$y helped me way more than I helped him.”

We’re like Ryu and Ken,” adds Curren$y, who remembers the days of going half on Chinese food plates with Wiz while recording their collaborative mixtape, How Fly. “Ken had the uppercut with all the fire and ? . Ryu had a more controlled uppercut, but he’s the one that showed Ken the uppercut.”

Curren$y cautions that Wiz’s level of success isn’t for everyone. “He’s like ? Puff Daddy right now,” says Spitta. “People be like, ‘You should be right there with your brother.’ But I’d rather lay low and kick it. It’s super awesome to be Puff Daddy but it’s a gift and a curse.”

“When you start forcing things, you lose people,” says Wiz. “I never want to do that because none of my favorite artists have ever done that to me—i.e., Juicy J. You know what’s right and you know what’s wrong. You know when you’re forcing it and when you’re just laying it down. I’m trying to do more laying it down than forcing it. That’s how you become legendary.”
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    [

We’re like Ryu and Ken,” adds Curren$y, who remembers the days of going half on Chinese food plates with Wiz while recording their collaborative mixtape, How Fly. “Ken had the uppercut with all the fire and ? . Ryu had a more controlled uppercut, but he’s the one that showed Ken the uppercut.”

ONIFC needs a Currensy cut, cant believe there wont be on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCiqfoh1_f0
  • lookdude
    Options
    lol you ? can sleep, lookin forward to that collab wit killa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOHRNK63kCM
  • Babaaa
    Babaaa Members Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol, I dont get the hate that people on this site have for Wiz.. Rolling Papers was straight.. The beats were bangin and Wiz flow was on point.. Lookin forward to ONIFC!
  • lookdude
    Options
    Babaaa wrote: »
    Lol, I dont get the hate that people on this site have for Wiz.. Rolling Papers was straight.. The beats were bangin and Wiz flow was on point.. Lookin forward to ONIFC!

Man I'm sayin, when I first heard rolling papers it was a lil diffrent than what I was used to

But after a while I went back and listened and its the SAME wiz, I think it was just the beats that might've thrown people off

• t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    ? ? ?
    Funny-gif-excited-kid-baby-happy.gif
    struggle bars about weed, poppin bottles, and how much money he has over hot beats. Nah... I'm good.... Wiz aint been ? since kush&oj....
  • lookdude
    Options
    ? ? ?
    struggle bars about weed, poppin bottles, and how much money he has over hot beats. Nah... I'm good.... Wiz aint been ? since kush&oj....

You liked kush and oj but that's all K&OJ was mostly about lol

you ain't really been following wiz since after that if u say he ain't been dropping some dope ?
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? ? ?

you ain't really been following wiz since after that if u say he ain't been dropping some dope ?

it was but he was still spitting then. He literally talks about the same ? , in the same order now and it sounds like he ain't even trying anymore. Really his content started falling off during kush & oj but it was so diverse and the vibe was so ill I ? wit it. I'm not gonna lie and say he's a completely different artist now I just don't ? with him any more. All his ? sounds the same now to me and thats hard with all the good production he gets...
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    So.. I guess I'm the only one on here that thinks KushxOj is overrated.. I enjoyed Cabin Fever 2 and Taylor Allerdice though..
  • lookdude
    edited November 2012
    Options
    ? ? ?

it was but he was still spitting then. He literally talks about the same ? , in the same order now and it sounds like he ain't even trying anymore. Really his content started falling off during kush & oj but it was so diverse and the vibe was so ill I ? wit it. I'm not gonna lie and say he's a completely different artist now I just don't ? with him any more. All his ? sounds the same now to me and thats hard with all the good production he gets...

the ? that were saying "we want that kush and orange juice" wiz back the same ? sayin wiz need to talk about something else, he gave yall what yall wanted on taylor allderdice right ? u can't please evryone at once

and if you actually listen to rolling papers he talks about other ? , its just the beats most ? won't like

? don't really be listening

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2guzJD6Ymmc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojXJovr4zFs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JzF2aLXp5E

• andre_1024
    andre_1024 Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thought this was pushed back til next yr?

Lookin forward to it although i didn't find CF2 or Taylor Allerdice all that impressive..I'm hoping Atlantic gave him a little more creative control on this album..