The Almighty Unpopular Opinion Thread. Volume 17

Options

Comments

• DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Oh yeah, and "House ? " is better than any diss from Em (or any Em song in general) imo.. Duke blacked out on Budden..
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's legitimate hate behind Em because his subject matter is a bit much.

The ? ? , the ? ? , the goofy ? and etc.

But the way he puts his words together is phenomenal.

I like raw skills to be honest. He's the case for the GOAT to me, imo.

I understand why blacks don't ? with him.
  • DMTxTHC
    Options
    Yeah.. when it comes to multi-syllabic rhyme patterns, Em is pretty good..
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NAS wanted no parts of Kurupt when Kurupt dropped Can't Let that Slide as a warning shot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FL7Bpy089M
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »
    NAS wanted no parts of Kurupt when Kurupt dropped Can't Let that Slide as a warning shot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FL7Bpy089M

i always thought that 'u lil chipped tooth muthafucka' line was meant for nas but wasnt kurupt still wit foxy at the time?

• ohhhla
    Options
    Nas would have bodied this ? .
  • waterproof
    edited November 2012
    Options
    ohhhla wrote: »

man let's be honest and truthful here, Nas is number 2 on my goat list and is in my top 5 for my personal favorite emcee with Kurupt, but from 1992-1998 nobody wanted to see Kurupt in a battle at that time in a battle Monch is one of the only ? that would get with kurupt, ? didnt want it with rupt back then....no dickriding from me i tell it like it is
  • ohhhla
    Options
    @waterproof

So my ? Sauce Money ain't ripping Kurupt?
  • DMTxTHC
    Options

man let's be honest and truthful here, Nas is number 2 on my goat list and is in my top 5 for my personal favorite emcee with Kurupt, but from 1992-1998 nobody wanted to see Kurupt in a battle, ? didnt want it with rupt back then....no dickriding from me i tell it like it is

Nobody?.. does L.A. L.A. by CNN, Tragedy Khadafi and Mobb Deep ring a bell?.. I'm pretty sure that song counts as going at Kurupt/DPG..
  • waterproof
    edited November 2012
    Options

man let's be honest and truthful here, Nas is number 2 on my goat list and is in my top 5 for my personal favorite emcee with Kurupt, but from 1992-1998 nobody wanted to see Kurupt in a battle, ? didnt want it with rupt back then....no dickriding from me i tell it like it is

Nobody?.. does L.A. L.A. by CNN, Tragedy Khadafi and Mobb Deep ring a bell?.. I'm pretty sure that song counts as going at Kurupt/DPG..

man those ? was on some other ? on L.A. L.A. Tragedy was talking about resurrections, planets and ? , Jose Louis Gotcha i dont know what the ? he was talking about???? Havoc was with that same ol same ol dun talk, man is that even a diss track, let's be honest no names was called out, all the emcee's was on some other ? not even on the same subject,lol...

yall East Coast ? was so thristy for anything that went up against that JUGGERNAUT in hip-hop called DEATH ROW that after Snoop Crush the Buildings and Kurupt with Suge at the tunnel eating emcee's for lunch, SUGE calling out PUFFY at the Source awards and this ? was before PAC even got to tha Row,lol..... that when L.A. L.A. dropped yall was hyped as ? ....the beat was nice no doubt marley marl did his thing, Tragedy had the illest verse but what the ? was that song all about.

KURUPT let yall ? know that yall aint no kin to him how in the ? yall inherit his style.

here let's take a listen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3_oGPdDTOg

and here's rupt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsfzAvOrjrc
  • waterproof
    edited November 2012
    Options
    @waterproof

So my ? Sauce Money ain't ripping Kurupt?

man Sauce is nice no doubt, but SMH kurupt was a beast back then, i aint knocking no other emcee's but Kurupt was known as that dude back then, just as when Big Pun came out he was that dude ? didnt want it with Pun.

MONCH was the only ? that would of got with Kurupt in a battle, Kurupt was vicious on the mic..he was a battle emcee......the ? was in the tunnel taking on all comers,lol....
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Kendrick Lamar's album is average at best
  • ohhhla
    Options
    ? , Masta Ace, G Rap, ? B.I.G.?
  • vslyke
    vslyke Members Posts: 661 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Naw, Kurupt was nice then but even then there were 10 NY dudes that would have wasted him in a battle or a beef.
  • DMTxTHC
    Options
    How Fly >>> Kush & OJ..
  • DMTxTHC
    Options

man those ? was on some other ? on L.A. L.A. Tragedy was talking about resurrections, planets and ? , Jose Louis Gotcha i dont know what the ? he was talking about???? Havoc was with that same ol same ol dun talk, man is that even a diss track, let's be honest no names was called out, all the emcee's was on some other ? not even on the same subject,lol...

yall East Coast ? was so thristy for anything that went up against that JUGGERNAUT in hip-hop called DEATH ROW that after Snoop Crush the Buildings and Kurupt with Suge at the tunnel eating emcee's for lunch, SUGE calling out PUFFY at the Source awards and this ? was before PAC even got to tha Row,lol..... that when L.A. L.A. dropped yall was hyped as ? ....the beat was nice no doubt marley marl did his thing, Tragedy had the illest verse but what the ? was that song all about.

KURUPT let yall ? know that yall aint no kin to him how in the ? yall inherit his style.

here let's take a listen

and here's rupt

Fair enough.. LA, LA is still a classic though..
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    man back in the mid-late 90s Korrupt was dat ? .... East coast had the lyracist but they were too shook to come at him for real... Its crazy how perspectives change after time and ether.... Nas my ? but back then he wasnt gonna say ? outside of subs
  • killaguwop
    killaguwop Members Posts: 768 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL @ comparing kurupt with nas i ? with kurupt but he is one of the most overrated MC from L.A. and he ends his all his bars with homeboy.
    WC,MACK 10,DJ QUIK and crooked i >> kurupt. and new york new york song didn't got one name of a MC from new york on it. so who he was going after ?

• waterproof
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    man back in the mid-late 90s Korrupt was dat ? .... East coast had the lyracist but they were too shook to come at him for real... Its crazy how perspectives change after time and ether.... Nas my ? but back then he wasnt gonna say ? outside of subs

and that's real spit, Nas is my ? to i have all of his albums number 2 on my GOAT LIST but i know for a fact he didnt want with Kurupt back then, i'm just cut from a different cloth word up......
  • waterproof
    Options
    killaguwop wrote: »
    LOL @ comparing kurupt with nas i ? with kurupt but he is one of the most overrated MC from L.A. and he ends his all his bars with homeboy.
    WC,MACK 10,DJ QUIK and crooked i >> kurupt. and new york new york song didn't got one name of a MC from new york on it. so who he was going after ?

? ? a name he went at the whole coast that claim to have superior emcee's, you cant get no clearer than that and just went in and if anybody had a problem they didnt let it known, the only person that got a Kurupt on some hip-hop ? for NY NY was Craig G on Queens Finest but that ? was years later.

Same thing with Ras Kass when he drop Sonset ? on east who was saying ? on the west aint got skills was quiet as kept, they didnt want with Kass either, lol..... dont you know that this complex system that called our body follows a certain order that baffles the minds of the greatest scientist. THE HUMAN BODY have a Cooling system and a heating system http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqMoGqvt7Nc

• waterproof
    edited November 2012
    Options

man i bangs west coast music since Rodeny O and Joe Coolie as West Coast Gangsta's that spit Ice Cube, Mc Ren, Jayo felony, Mitchy Slick, RBX, Crooked I, Technique, Black Knights, WC, Mc Ehit, Tha Realtivez have the spits in So-cal
  • killaguwop
    Options
    WC,MACK 10,DJ QUIK and crooked i >> kuurupt. and new york new york song didn't got one name of a MC from new york on it. so who he was going after ?

man i bangs west coast music since Rodeny O and Joe Coolie as West Coast Gangsta's that spit Ice Cube, Mc Ren, Jayo felony, Mitchy Slick, RBX, Crooked I, Technique, Black Knights, WC, Mc Ehit, Tha Realtivez have the spits in So-cal

we all love the west but that fool is saying kurupt bodied the whole east coast with one song new york new york while he didn't even say one one name.
    kurupt dissed a whole lot emcees on callin out names but still that ? was corny as ? with the ? yous to this and that.

L.A, L.A >>> NY,NY
  • killaguwop
    Options

here let's take a listen

and here's rupt

you are saying that L.A L.A didn't mention names so is NY.NY
  • waterproof
    Options
    WC,MACK 10,DJ QUIK and crooked i >> kuurupt. and new york new york song didn't got one name of a MC from new york on it. so who he was going after ?

we all love the west but that fool is saying kurupt bodied the whole east coast with one song new york new york while he didn't even say one one name.
    kurupt dissed a whole lot emcees on callin out names but still that ? was corny as ? with the ? yous to this and that.

L.A, L.A >>> NY,NY

i didn't say Rupt body the whole East I said nas didn't want it with rupt and nobody answer on a lyrical battle tip against NY NY, those ? heard that tunnel story, and from 1993-1998 not to many emcee's wanted with rupt the only emcee i know that lyrically on a battle tip was monch that would of got with Kurupt at that time.

Again that song was not about one emcee it was about a Philly transplant who was raised in the west putting it down for the west coast emcee, at that time east coast was saying west didnt have no skills.

Man there is two types of battling there is lyrical battle cat style of battling like in NY NY, Callin out Names was Kurupt dissing that was a diss track that's a whole different ball game, kurupt was not trying to be lyrical that ? was on some 2pac ? right there.

i already address that L.A. L.A. song hot verse by Khadfi and nice beat my Marly Marl but other than that tell me what that song is about........
  • waterproof
    Options
    and another thing ? if you want to debate have a debate dont go the ? route and hitting troll when i back my ? up...