• starvin
    starvin Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watch out for dean ambrose..he's very good on the mic
  • lookdude
    lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    king mocha wrote: »
    ? Foley posted the following on Twitter, shooting down rumors that he is wrestling CM Punk…

"Regarding that rumor about me wrestling @CMPunk : I might if I could, but I can't, so I won't."

-- Sheamus posted the following on Twitter, proclaiming a new era…

"Celtic fighting style of ferocious & brutally intensive brawls, irregardless of outcome, will lead to a new Era in #WWE… The Warrior Era."

"The cometh of the new #WorldWarriorEra reminds me to be in awe of @wwethebigshow for standing tall after THAT chair beating #respect"

i can't even read your post with them big ass ? bouncing
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DSC04108_1.jpg

On the Papa Shango character: "I used to read books on voodoo, in fact I built an entire voodoo library. Everything I said in my promos was real and legit. All the props were from voodoo stores. It was totally authentic. The effects guys worked with the staffs and sticks so that they all did something different. I had a bunch of them - some would shoot sparks, others had smoke and lights that came out of them."[/b]

How Sid messed up the character: "Papa Shango was supposed to last much longer in the main event but Sid f---ed it up. It was supposed to be Sid and Warrior headlining SummerSlam [1992], but Sid didn't want to do it and he quit. He had his own issues, he said Vince had brought him in under the promise of replacing Hogan as the top babyface and it wasn't going the way it was supposed to. So Papa Shango was fed to Warrior instead. The problem was, with a character like Papa Shango, once the losses piled up, the character lost a lot of that mystique and invincibility, and it was all downhill fast from there."

On almost joining WCW and the NWO: "I almost went to WCW to be Hogan’s enforcer in the NWO. I named my price, the contract was being drawn up, and then at the last minute, I got a call saying the contract was being retracted and there was no longer an offer for me. I was stunned, man, just stunned. I asked why, and it turned out that Virgil offered to do it for a third of the price because he wanted to be back on TV so bad. That dumb motherf---er cost us both."

^^^^^^ Lmao @ Virgil

Papa Shango returning in 1997 but replaced by Kane: "A lot of people don't know this, but Papa Shango was going to return in 1997. It was going to be a more gritty, realistic version with a mask instead of paint.They created the costume and the new entrance. But what happened was, the decision was then made to do Kane. I guess they felt there wasn’t enough room for two dark, supernatural characters, and so I became Kama Mustafa and they put me in The Nation. I've still got some 8x10 promos of me in the new mask and gear."

Why Vince put The Rock in The Nation: "The Rock was put into The Nation to protect him. Vince had big plans for The Rock from day one and was worried that he had been getting bad advice from the wrong people. Some jealous dudes had been getting into his ear. So Vince put Rock in the Nation so he could benefit from the guidance of Ron [Simmons] and myself. It was the same thing with Mark Henry. Mark was a big long term investment that was getting some bad advice, learning some bad habits, and so Vince put him under myself and Ron for guidance. Both those guys were struggling."

Vince's opinion of The Godfather: "Vince loved the gimmick. Loved it. He used to go to bat for me so many times – fighting the networks, fighting the executives. He did everything he could to keep the character as a central part of the show. Vince used to come to me and say, "Charles – he always called me Charles – you’re having too much fun out there. You should be paying me!" And that didn’t surprise me – Vince is the biggest ? of them all!"

On the Attitude Era: "I got away with talking about weed so openly on TV because the network executives had no idea what I was saying. They didn’t understand the slang. They had no idea what a "fatty" or a "blunt" was, so I was able to say all this stuff and they had no clue. My friend in Cypress Hill said he was amazed at the ? I got away with."

imetawrestler.com/
  • king mocha
    king mocha Members Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    After complaining to a Connecticut news station about not getting paid after Election Day, workers for Connecticut Senate candidate Linda McMahon's campaign say they were given checks that bounced. One worker says he got a bad check and a condom.

Said a campaign worker who complained publicly, "Basically he handed me a check with a condom in it, told me I was screwed. That's the rudest gesture you can ever do to a person, it's like spitting in a person's face."
  • king mocha
    Options
    Dr. Tom Prichard joined the VOC Wrestling Nation recently to give his thoughts on the debut of Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, and Roman Reigns, working with the trio down at FCW, his new wrestling project, and the overall state of the wrestling business. The VOC Wrestling Nation is the flagship program of the VOC Nation Radio Network, and can be heard every Wednesday at 5PM ET worldwide at VOCNation.com. Here are some highlights from the chat with Dr. Tom:

On Rollins, Ambrose and Reigns' WWE debut: “I don’t know if you can find anything in wrestling that hasn’t been done before, but I look at it the other way. At least these guys finally had the opportunity not to just show up, but to make an impact on a (top) guy like Ryback, who is making an impact right now.”

On the WWE product: “WWE is in a transitional period. The powers that be (HHH) know that they need new blood. The lifeblood of the business is getting new talent and putting them in the mix.”

On Roman Reigns: “Out of the three, Roman Reigns is the greenest, yet he still has talent and untapped potential and charisma to be a major star. Reigns is Sika’s son, so he has the bloodline. He played football in the past, and has overcome a number of personal challenges in his life that none of us can ever imagine.”

On which of Rollins, Ambrose, or Reigns has the most star potential: “The dark horse is Roman Reigns. As far as charisma and working ability, Ambrose is at the top of the list. Rollins has the passion and the attitude that can put you over the top. You have three guys that have their own individual “it factors”. All three guys are smart. Ambrose is crazy like a fox. Rollins is wild like a maverick, but finally understands that there are rules that you need to play by; he has his beliefs, and he won’t sacrifice what he believes in, but he’s finally figured out (how to work the system).”

On his departure from WWE developmental: “When anyone new comes in, they want their team. When Bill DeMott came back, I knew that the writing was on the wall. Canyon Cemen, who took over Ty Bailey’s place, is very new to the business and really knows nothing. I was very honest with him when I probably shouldn’t have been. I told him that he came across like an a—hole in his initial meeting with the talent, and the writing was on the wall from there. I understand how it works. HHH wants his own people. If they can’t produce stars, but proof will be in the ratings.”

On how to be successful in wrestling: “It’s more how you handle yourself backstage than anything. If you show up at the arena at 12:30, you have 9 hours before showtime where the (powers that be) can see you and judge you. Someone much wiser than I told me on a plane ride not too long ago, that you have to understand who you can be honest with and who you can’t.”
  • king mocha
    Options
    WWE officials reportedly have been lobbying for AJ Lee and John Cena vs. Vickie Guerrero and Dolph Ziggler, but Tamina might be a substitute for Vickie. With her introduction and attacks on AJ Lee, she will likely fill in and Vickie will manage the duo.

There are discussions to have the match take place at WWE TLC, but many fear that this will not draw big interest for a PPV caliber match. So the tag match will likely take place to build up Cena vs. Ziggler at the December PPV event.
  • king mocha
    Options
    SoulTrain.com has an interview with R-Truth in which he discusses his wrestling career, music and more. Here are highlights:

On how his dance background helped him in the ring: "My background in dance pretty much sets the pace for me, and I don't have to explain what it is because it's real. You can't make that up. You can try to create it through character, but that's not the realest thing. It's just in me. My dance background helped me tremendously. Dancing is like second nature to me."

On if he can express himself better in the studio or in a match: "I've been wrestling and making music for a long time. I've been around the right people in the entertainment business who know what it takes in several different areas to make things happen. I'm passionate about both of them, so I try to be an artist when I'm doing both. In many ways professional wrestling is a dance. I guess it depends on how you look at it. When I'm in the ring I've got a million people watching me weekly, looking for me to present something memorable to them. I try to do that in the studio as well."
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Virgil is such a ?
    there should be a thread made with all the ? he has done in his career
  • RawAce
    Options
    @king mocha
    That is nyomi banxxx and who else holding hands in that gif...i need that vid asap
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RawAce wrote: »
    Virgil is such a ?
    there should be a thread made with all the ? he has done in his career
    It would shut down the IC.

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I want to see that costume he's talking about.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    I want to see that costume he's talking about.

• MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options
    Lmao wait...Rtruth did an interview with soultrain.com?! Hilarious
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    - WWE was happy with Ryback's mic work in the opening segment of RAW. His promo was less scripted than some of his recent promos and he came across as more comfortable and confident.

- With Vince McMahon still overseas visiting United States troops serving in the Middle East, Triple H was in charge at Mondays RAW. There was a much more laid-back environment at RAW, with fewer rewrites.

The general feeling backstage was that things will be less tense behind the scenes when Vince McMahon eventually steps down and hands the reigns over to Triple H and Stephanie.
  • Cymicaldane
    Cymicaldane Members Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Godfather is one of those guys who have had a myriad of bad gimmicks thrown at him. Then he gets the ? gimmick ball, and boy did he ran with it
  • king mocha
    Options
    VIDEO: Botched Indy Wrestler Move Featured On Tosh.0
    Tosh.0 opened up last night with a video from an independent wrestling show in September where Charade botched a double rotation moonsault. Charade suffered a fractured skull from the botch and yet he still tried to kick out of a pin. Charade has since noted on his blog that the impact "just missed anything fatal or long term...I will make a full recovery."http://youtu.be/gKQ_s9nyYKE
  • Cymicaldane
    Cymicaldane Members Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ruckus of CZW posted that on FB awhile back. Its still looks gnarly as ?
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GOTDAYUM!!!!!!!

I have watched that at least 50x.

• MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options
    ? that was crazy
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    got dayummmmmmmmmm that ? made me cringe
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You knew he was in trouble when he had to pray real quick before he did it
  • RawAce
    Options
    king mocha wrote: »
    VIDEO: Botched Indy Wrestler Move Featured On Tosh.0
    Tosh.0 opened up last night with a video from an independent wrestling show in September where Charade botched a double rotation moonsault. Charade suffered a fractured skull from the botch and yet he still tried to kick out of a pin. Charade has since noted on his blog that the impact "just missed anything fatal or long term...I will make a full recovery."http://youtu.be/gKQ_s9nyYKE

dude has a lil Hogan in him

no matter how bad the match is goin,
    you still kick out
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tht ? almost died
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    John Cena and former WWE Diva Nikki Bella are apparently now an item.

Last Friday, Nikki and her sister Brie attended their ten-year high school reunion in Scottsdale, Arizona, with Brie being accompanied by her boyfriend, WWE Superstar Daniel Bryan, and Nikki bringing the Cenation leader as her date.
    Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/Former_WWE_Diva_Takes_John_Cena_To_Her_High_School_Reunion_MTV_Filming_Female_Wrestler.html#XL5Gi4lA3RtBlKiy.99
    245dj83.jpg
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    White boys cuffin these hoes. *smh*