How do C list rappers eat... ?

Options
13»

Comments

• loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cassidy had a hit record and sold a few records so he should get a nice pub check every quarter for that Hotel and they get shows and do features and hustle
  • hnic1978
    hnic1978 Members Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ask Yo Gotti & Slim Thug how do C list rappers eat.........
  • PK_TK_187
    PK_TK_187 Members Posts: 2,240
    Options
    Gotti got a solid southern fanbase and the ladies love the trick ass ?
  • hnic1978
    hnic1978 Members Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PK_TK_187 wrote: »
    Gotti got a solid southern fanbase and the ladies love the trick ass ?

But skillwise hes no higher than a C
  • rooster_cogburn
    rooster_cogburn Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My ? say "noob saibot". lmao
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hnic1978 wrote: »
    Ask Yo Gotti & Slim Thug how do C list rappers eat.........

smh @ yo gotti bein "c" list... he most def b list....
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    imma make this response then make another cause this one needs a section of its own and only 1 person hinted towards it but didnt go all the way in ... but i guarantee a good percentage of those dudes and 99% of d list and f list rappers .... LIVE OFF THIER WOMAN ... baby moms hoes they meet in the club etc...... they use thier status to use these woman .... REAL TALK thats how most of them get by .......... or if thier connected to a big name like lets say lil wayne or rick ross ... they prob live off them ... sleep on thier couch etc...
  • antarticp
    Options
    for those that dont rely on a women .... they got shows ... and artist like cassidy and papoose dont get book for regular parties ... in delaware tho cassidy has gotten booked a couple of times for a regular party but for the most part he probably doesnt see much $$$$ from regular parties ... however when it comes to HIP HOP SHOW CASES or those Hip Hop Conferences ... Papoose and Cassidy are top contenders ... i see thier names on those kind of events alot ..... so thats where they def get alot of show money from ... oh and collabing with unknowns too ..... and they probably also charge up coming producers to rap on thier tracks ... i ran accross a few artist that do that too ......

but just grinding ... alot of them work regular jobs in the mean time ... Sean Price went on record and said he did some construction work in between albums ... and Serious Jones is a barber in the meantime in between time ....

• antarticp
    Options
    Kushington wrote: »
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    northside7 wrote: »
    They do shows...

This...Or they write for other people...Or they invest their money well...Or they get regular jobs like a normal ? ...Or they sell drugs...

Do you know how slow industry money comes?

Verrrrrrry slow. Lotta paperwork. Lotta middlemen.

? not like yall think it is.

These ? aint getting paid from shows either. If you doin a show in front of 200 people for 15 bucks a head, you aint really getting ? , cause the club, the promoters, the sound crew, the club employees, all types of people gotta get paid

Alot of ? PAY TO PERFORM.

Yeah...I'm just sayin those are some of the ways background ? get money...It's rappers right now who you've never heard of, and prolly never will who are gettin money...Especially ? who go overseas...I know of a ? from Greenville, SC named C. Khidd who caked from goin over to Europe and Asia...The money you can make off the industry is highly dependent on the connections/contracts you can get, regardless of your popularity...

Yeah, you can get bread in the industry if you got the right connects, overseas theyre more into hiphop and willing to pay

theres all types of ways to eat off rap if you know the right people.

But im sayin, you gotta have ALOT of people at your shows to be getting profit from doin shows in america, which means you have to be popular/have a hot song, or a devoted fanbase

some one like Cassidy and Papoose have enough fans to get paid off shows
    Pap? Nah I doubt he's getting shows like that. Cassidy? I'll say yeah, just because of the hits he had earlier in his career.

honestly you dont need to do pack shows when it comes to clubs ... to book someone like cassidy ... hes prob charging like $2k ... @ the most $5k .... most clubs can write that off as a promotional budget ...... the only times someone would look to re-coup that night is if a promoter rented the club and paid for the artist to be there ... then yeah hes looking to get whatever he paid the artist plus $ome .... or before even doing its gotta make sense to do it ..... but if the club booked the artist things are slightly different cause they dont need to turn profit in the night ................ which is why i try to encourage my promoters to work thier way to owning a club so they can really be a player in the promo market ................
  • antarticp
    edited November 2012
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »
    They do shows...

This...Or they write for other people...Or they invest their money well...Or they get regular jobs like a normal ? ...Or they sell drugs...

Do you know how slow industry money comes?

Verrrrrrry slow. Lotta paperwork. Lotta middlemen.

? not like yall think it is.

These ? aint getting paid from shows either. If you doin a show in front of 200 people for 15 bucks a head, you aint really getting ? , cause the club, the promoters, the sound crew, the club employees, all types of people gotta get paid

Alot of ? PAY TO PERFORM.

Yeah...I'm just sayin those are some of the ways background ? get money...It's rappers right now who you've never heard of, and prolly never will who are gettin money...Especially ? who go overseas...I know of a ? from Greenville, SC named C. Khidd who caked from goin over to Europe and Asia...The money you can make off the industry is highly dependent on the connections/contracts you can get, regardless of your popularity...

Yeah, you can get bread in the industry if you got the right connects, overseas theyre more into hiphop and willing to pay

theres all types of ways to eat off rap if you know the right people.

But im sayin, you gotta have ALOT of people at your shows to be getting profit from doin shows in america, which means you have to be popular/have a hot song, or a devoted fanbase

some one like Cassidy and Papoose have enough fans to get paid off shows
    Pap? Nah I doubt he's getting shows like that. Cassidy? I'll say yeah, just because of the hits he had earlier in his career.

I have a friend who is from and lives in Vienna Austria and she told me last week Hot Rod from G-Unit who hasn't even put out an album was there doing a concert!

Like many others have stated overseas some guys do crazy concerts or meet and greets to make money

im friends with hotrod on facebook and the kid is on his grind for show ... no music thats in rotation but he stay releasing joints and in the clubs on his campaign ... @ the end of the day ... if you can afford it ... you can put yourself in the middle of hip hop without having a hot single or an album about to be released off a major ......... not sure who is funding hot rod ... but know hes apart of Gunit 2.0 so he might have a budget ............. but its funny you rarely see him with fif on his runs ... but hotrod just posted a pic of him and fif @ the club somewhere overseas @ one of his functions .......
  • choppa_style
    choppa_style Members Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I imagine they work the same as everyone else.

3289668.jpg

Yellow_Cab_Taxi.jpg

Be honest, would you notice if it was Cassidy or Beanie Sigel driving your cab or serving your big mac? Without the jersey and chains they don't stick out that much.
  • FrankOceanIsGay
    FrankOceanIsGay Members Posts: 402
    Options
    How u think they eat? They use their mouth and teeth and a fork.. Smdh
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They on the drug ? .
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol@? who never leave their neighborhood talking about who is or isn't local... the world is mad big... ? y'all dont listen to r doing shows overseas as we speak... eating quite well doing what they love...
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    lol@? who never leave their neighborhood talking about who is or isn't local... the world is mad big... ? y'all dont listen to r doing shows overseas as we speak... eating quite well doing what they love...

Real ? ...Papoose is prolly like ? MC in uzbekistan

• FrankOceanIsGay
    FrankOceanIsGay Members Posts: 402
    Options
    Pap and kay slay were working this hurricane sandy relief program out by marine park last week
  • runningwolf1980
    runningwolf1980 Members Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    imma go out on a limb here and say with a fork and spoon
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How is saying game is sold feelings?