What's the difference between a red-bone and a yellow-bone?????

Options

Comments

• blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    U posting pictures of chicos talking about light skin you're not even aware these are southern black terms so youre opinion is shakey at best ? ...
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S/O to my dude @TheBossman droopin heat as usual

claudia_sampedro_claudia_sampedro_twitter_2__0JrcFaO.sized.jpg
    tumblr_me83m2uSAk1rp9rj8o1_500.jpg
    tumblr_lrqc18yhQ21qdwh13o1_500.jpg
    tumblr_lnk98k2UKu1qj02oao1_500.jpg
    tumblr_lvwludxlug1qcs2woo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_md8i58iXlb1rp9rj8o1_500.jpg
    tumblr_lu9lh57Q7Z1qm4awdo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_lzivgxrwgG1qi6zx6o1_500.png
    tumblr_lqnwvh3l5K1qi6zx6o1_500.png
    tumblr_ljgkpuEeF91qefm89o1_500.jpg
    tumblr_me85cqEYIi1rp9rj8o1_500.jpg
    achonti-shanise_bossupbunnies.jpg?w=604
    tumblr_ltfnrvczxp1r1yelwo1_500.jpg
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    and I don't give a ? what ya'll say Mariah Carey is white. She looks white, she white.

D'kay, so to everyone who no-signed. One of my great grand father was orphaned as a child, most likley due to being the product of a mixed race relationship. Should I consider myself black since I probably have a black great great great grandfather? I look about as black as Mariah Carey does.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Buuuut.......... can..... a red bone.....
    faith-evans-redhaironmypillow.jpg

also simultaneously be ................

......... A

.............Yellow Bone?
    tumblr_margt68u6A1ruppibo1_500.gif

tumblr_mcdg4oKS3N1rbypgdo1_500.gif

Trippy Mayne.
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol...Naw, she was high yella whole time...Smash on Biggie wife...
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wild Self wrote: »
    ohhhla wrote: »
    So, ? only like light-skinned chicks?
    LMAO, ok. Double standards ass backward mindset.

Difference between liking them and simping them to death. Look at them old R & B videos from the 90s. Most of the love interests are light skinned women. Show love equally to pretty dark skinned women and pretty light skinned women.

We are in America where we conditioned to like light-skin women. Some of the black males can't off of that because it's display constantly.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    kid capri or stephon curry's complexion are what is considered "yellow bones"
    This ? just call some dudes yellow bones...smmfh

You're trying too hard.So what do it mean by callin wesley snipes blacc/dark complexion? Shut da fucc up wit your homophobic insecurities

The point of the thread is differentiating the complexions,it said nothing about it being only women

blah blah blah ? .
    No grown man calls no other man a redbone or yellowbone. foh!

Wesley is a darkskinned brotha, Terrence Howard is a Lightskinned cat...thats all there is to it.

A1000MILES wrote: »
    Lol...Naw, she was high yella whole time...Smash on Biggie wife...

Smash on the bish that played Biggies wife in the movie.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFONy_YmYWiv8DE3FptI34x123p2ovhg4BVV8dfiVQMA8fYuvH
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm sorry but most of these picture responses are just wrong. Say what you want about the silliness of these classifications, but that notwithstanding they still do have precise meanings. People are posting pics of hispanics. That has nothing to do with redbone/yellowbone. Both of those terms refer specifically to shades of African Americans/US based mullatos.
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm sorry but most of these picture responses are just wrong. Say what you want about the silliness of these classifications, but that notwithstanding they still do have precise meanings. People are posting pics of hispanics. That has nothing to do with redbone/yellowbone. Both of those terms refer specifically to shades of African Americans/US based mullatos.

Then you post pics of red/yellow bones bruh
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBossman wrote: »
    Wild Self wrote: »
    ? and their thirst for light skinned women.

so black men who have a preference for any women that's not dark skinned are ? ? that's a terrible mindset to have bruh. i would hate to be a friend or family member of yours, you must judge people all day long on the dumbest ? .

Not ? , just simps. Simps that lose any rational thought when a pretty light skinned chick comes through. Many of these "players" lose their minds and gas up even light skinned chicks that are average looking. Which is the reason why a lot of them are hard to get for the rest of the men.

I call it conditioning, you call it preference. Leave it as that.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    blu197 wrote: »

Then you post pics of red/yellow bones bruh

I already did. I gave the example. Halle is a standard redbone, which just means she's lighter than anything that would be considered "brownskinned" and her skintone has red undertones. Mariah is a yellowbone. As the older people say "She's light, bright, and damn near white." That's really the difference. If we go back to the dumb ways of thinking from back in the day, redbones just pass the paper bag test. Yellowbones blow it away.
  • bootcheese3000
    bootcheese3000 Members Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Options
    There IS no difference--they're both 1 and the same no matter how you slice it (mulatto, quadroon, octaroon, ect)..........

...............and to quote Laurence Fishburne in "Deep Cover"--"Only a ? would answer that question".........

case in point:

Blu197 sez:

Had to go on google to look up the difference....

". A red bone is like white to the person, some can be pale too like Tisha Campbell,Alicia Keys,Faith Evans,and Mariah Carey"

" A yellow bone is in the light skin category but someone with light blended with a yellow like undertone or honey skin like Keyshia Cole,Beyonce,and Lauren London"

I think this sounds legit

this ? went to Google to answer this ? .
  • blu197
    Options
    There IS no difference--they're both 1 and the same no matter how you slice it (mulatto, quadroon, octaroon, ect)..........

...............and to quote Laurence Fishburne in "Deep Cover"--"Only a ? would answer that question".........

case in point:

Blu197 sez:

". A red bone is like white to the person, some can be pale too like Tisha Campbell,Alicia Keys,Faith Evans,and Mariah Carey"

" A yellow bone is in the light skin category but someone with light blended with a yellow like undertone or honey skin like Keyshia Cole,Beyonce,and Lauren London"

Bruh you can literally type almost any question on google and get the (right or wrong) answer
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

case in point:

Blu197 sez:

You may not like chocolate ice cream, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

The fact is both terms exist in common lexicon ignorant or not. It doesn't say anything negative about you to answer the question for what it is.
  • unRealLady1
    unRealLady1 Members Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    there are different shades of redbones. But real light women don't look red to me. they look yellow. & some of them look like they are mixed with white. a redbone can be brownskin.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    TrueraPP wrote: »
    ME AND THIS SPANISH CHICK GOT INTO A FIGHT AT WORK OVER THIS SHE SAID HASTAG TEAM LIGHT SKIN. I WAS LIKE FIRST YOU NOT EVEN BLACK SECOND YOU NOT LIGHT SKIN TO BE LIGHT SKIN YOU HAVE TO BE BLACK AS THE WORD LIGHT SKIN IS A BLACK TERM................

SHE GOT MAD SAYING SHE WAS LIGHT SKIN I WAS LIKE LOOK IF YOU DON'T GET YOUR HIGH YELLOW SPANISH ASS OUT MY FACE NEXT DAY SHE COME OVER TO ME ASKING DO I EAT ? I WAS LIKE ? PLZ GO...............

Everytime I think the stupidity level on the IC hits the peak post like this are made
  • blackrain
    Options
    and I don't give a ? what ya'll say Mariah Carey is white. She looks white, she white.

D'kay, so to everyone who no-signed. One of my great grand father was orphaned as a child, most likley due to being the product of a mixed race relationship. Should I consider myself black since I probably have a black great great great grandfather? I look about as black as Mariah Carey does.

If you had a black father like she does then yeah
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you had a choice of colors, which one would you choose my brothers?
  • blu197
    Options
    If you had a choice of colors, which one would you choose my brothers?

Idk that would be hard, a dime yellow bone and a dime red bone are equal, but if we talkin about average hoes then I'm takin a average yellow bone>>>>> a average red bone every time
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Truth be told...

Hood ngas uses these terms mo so than your average regular nga.. (say red)..If you really wanna know..Go to your nearest hood..and just post up...I bet you you'll find a ghetto chick being called "Red" and that'll give you an indication on why she's called "Red" and more so...

We down here tend to use the term 'yellow' towards a dude per say..
    If a dudes is on the mix of this tone...he's usually be referred to ass "ole high yellow ass nga" or yella boy...

Red is for the women...despite the skin tone...If she's yellow or red...it's all the same down here...we say "Say Red, come here" lol..I know I do

Yellow is for the dudes per say..
  • blackrain
    Options
    Calling somebody red can also refer to their face changing when they get mad or upset and turning red which does happen to light/yellow folks so that's why they get nicknamed Reds too.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yellow and red are also used in the Caribbean
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't someone already answer this ? correctly? Red pertains to a bronze type hue while yellow is your run of the mill mulatto.
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @lookdude
    @white715
    @TheBossman

Can one of you bless this thread with some bad pics of Yellow and red bones???

tumblr_m66s4sI3TM1rzrnhoo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_m1lkvoRdaa1rscv96o1_500_large.jpg
    tumblr_m3f4j7VRXG1qgnkkbo1_500_large.png
    tumblr_m62hsg4GR61rzrnhoo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_m7y6z1OXfA1qgkrs0o1_500.jpg
    tumblr_m6no5x7Wdy1qgkrs0o1_500.jpg
    img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=58227559
    tumblr_lrcb9wgWfb1qgkrs0o1_500.jpg
    tumblr_me0ljeCwFg1rhttapo3_500.jpg
    tumblr_me0ljeCwFg1rhttapo1_500.png
    tumblr_me0ktdPgu61rhttapo1_1280.png
    tumblr_me0ktdPgu61rhttapo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_me0luaHDBW1rhttapo1_250.gif

They Hoes Is GOAT B

• nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @lookdude
    @white715
    @TheBossman

Can one of you bless this thread with some bad pics of Yellow and red bones???

tumblr_m66s4sI3TM1rzrnhoo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_m1lkvoRdaa1rscv96o1_500_large.jpg
    tumblr_m3f4j7VRXG1qgnkkbo1_500_large.png
    tumblr_m62hsg4GR61rzrnhoo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_m7y6z1OXfA1qgkrs0o1_500.jpg
    tumblr_m6no5x7Wdy1qgkrs0o1_500.jpg
    img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=58227559
    tumblr_lrcb9wgWfb1qgkrs0o1_500.jpg
    tumblr_me0ljeCwFg1rhttapo3_500.jpg
    tumblr_me0ljeCwFg1rhttapo1_500.png
    tumblr_me0ktdPgu61rhttapo1_1280.png
    tumblr_me0ktdPgu61rhttapo2_1280.jpg