Macklemore Interview & Freestyle on The Breakfast Club

Options
soulatlantic
soulatlantic Members Posts: 346
http://www.power1051fm.com/pages/onair/breakfast-club?mid=22678417

Dude is the epitome of dope. Anyone still sleeping on him needs to wake up. The Heist is one of the best albums of the year, hands down.

Comments

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will listen later
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not the most entertaining interviewee...
  • CirocObama
    CirocObama Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I caught what Envy, Charlamagne and Yee were tryna say right off the bat.

First they were subliminally sayin that he is a typical white artist that gets the industry push right away in the same ways. Out of nowhere they got 100k fans, selling out shows etc (see MGK, Mac Miller, this dude and many more) yet generally no heads know about them at all. Ironically they're also quick to catch pop fans even though they working at a underground level. Then when Charlamagne said "see, i'm tryna tell y'all" he was tryna hint to the fact that he's an artist with an agenda and how the industry is tryna push it, in this case the ? agenda.
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    CirocObama wrote: »

First they were subliminally sayin that he is a typical white artist that gets the industry push right away in the same ways. Out of nowhere they got 100k fans, selling out shows etc (see MGK, Mac Miller, this dude and many more) yet generally no heads know about them at all. Ironically they're also quick to catch pop fans even though they working at a underground level. Then when Charlamagne said "see, i'm tryna tell y'all" he was tryna hint to the fact that he's an artist with an agenda and how the industry is tryna push it, in this case the ? agenda.

Mgk and mac miller didn't come out of nowhere tho. Admittedly macklemore did lol
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Mgk and mac miller didn't come out of nowhere tho. Admittedly macklemore did lol

I've been hearing about Macklemore for the past couple years since I been living out here. Dude is ? rocks b. If I ever see him in my neighborhood I'm beatin the dog ? out of him.
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »

I've been hearing about Macklemore for the past couple years since I been living out here. Dude is ? rocks b. If I ever see him in my neighborhood I'm beatin the dog ? out of him.

I liked that Thrift Shop song but i haven't listened to anything else
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Macklemore, MGK, and Mac Miller have been around forever, they used social networking to start their fan base. Miller didnt have a Album out and he had over a million myspace fans.

Macklemore is pretty hit or miss with me. He's got dope ass songs, then other songs are just meh to me. His flow is ? sometimes too. but i remember hearing macklemore back in 07, dude selling 80k in his first week is insane.
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    thats a cold ass ?
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ion particularly like Mac Miller or MGK, Macklemore is dope though...And none of them came out of nowhere...
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And that song bout ? rights is dope too...Whatever your views on homosexuality may be, it's a good song...If Common made it, ? would praise it...
  • andre_1024
    andre_1024 Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Macklemore been around for a minute..and cosign The Heist being one of the best album this yr
  • soulatlantic
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »

I liked that Thrift Shop song but i haven't listened to anything else

Here's a few joints off the album to check:

Can't Hold Us (feat. Ray Dalton, who sounds a lot like John Legend):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHRkHFxD-xY

Wings (Official Video):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAg3uMlNyHA

Jimmy Iovine (feat. Ab-Soul):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RwW6ERgpvo

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Substitute teacher rap.........this begs the question is hip hop for every body wesay it is but is it really should ya grandma rap kus she can rhyme ............that being said he is the best of the new crop of oddly regular people white rappers an the most regular ......
  • soulatlantic
    Options
    Substitute teacher rap.........this begs the question is hip hop for every body wesay it is but is it really should ya grandma rap kus she can rhyme ............that being said he is the best of the new crop of oddly regular people white rappers an the most regular ......

verse 2 of Same Love:
    If I was ? , I would think hip-hop hates me
    Have you read the YouTube comments lately?
    "Man, that’s ? " gets dropped on the daily
    We become so numb to what we’re saying
    A culture founded from oppression
    Yet we don’t have acceptance for ‘em
    Call each other '? ' behind the keys of a message board
    A word rooted in hate, yet our genre still ignores it
    ? is synonymous with the lesser
    It’s the same hate that’s caused wars from religion
    Gender to skin color, the complexion of your pigment
    The same fight that led people to walk outs and sit ins
    It’s human rights for everybody, there is no difference!
    Live on and be yourself
    When I was at church they taught me something else
    If you preach hate at the service those words aren’t anointed
    That holy water that you soak in is then poisoned
    When everyone else is more comfortable remaining voiceless
    Rather than fighting for humans that have had their rights stolen
    I might not be the same, but that’s not important
    No freedom till we’re equal, damn right I support it

I just find that to be a lot more mentally stimulating and thought provoking than the majority of what is being released on the weekly... maybe I'm a fool, but that's hip hop to me. And that's not all his music is either. It's more than that. It's good music with well composed lyrics, dope production, and live instrumentation. That is hip hop, isn't it?
  • CirocObama
    CirocObama Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

verse 2 of Same Love:
    Live on and be yourself

I just find that to be a lot more mentally stimulating and thought provoking than the majority of what is being released on the weekly... maybe I'm a fool, but that's hip hop to me. And that's not all his music is either. It's more than that. It's good music with well composed lyrics, dope production, and live instrumentation. That is hip hop, isn't it?

LOL @ Trina is rap btw. White people (not necessarely you) and their "i wanna be down so ill go against whats popular and say how Young Money suck and how real hip-hop is 2pac and Biggie" tactics are so funny on the net. Trina is/was no different than Nicki.
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options

verse 2 of Same Love:
    Live on and be yourself

your not getting what he said
  • soulatlantic
    Options

verse 2 of Same Love:
    Live on and be yourself

LOL @ Trina is rap btw. White people (not necessarely you) and their "i wanna be down so ill go against whats popular and say how Young Money suck and how real hip-hop is 2pac and Biggie" tactics are so funny on the net. Trina is/was no different than Nicki.

Haha well I mean Young Money does suck, imo. Not going against the grain I just really don't like them. I used to like Wayne (circa the mixtapes leading up to C3, and of course C3), Drake (up until Thank Me Later) and Nicki (in her mixtape days), but I don't feel like any of them (except maybe Drake, but I don't listen to him much) have grown and progressed as artists. Wayne's output is garbage these days, and basically has been since C3, and Nicki is a sellout who talks about the same ? in every single song. I despise Nicki more than any of the others because of how she played out Kim and how stagnant her music is, but that's just me.

I like Trina and see her as different than Nicki, because for the most part she stays in her lane and does what she's been doing. She's tried to elevate bring more class to her music especially with her last 2 albums, but you can always expect her to get ratchet on a few songs (especially on the mixtapes) and appeal to the demographic who prefers songs like "Pull Over" and "Da Baddest ? " over songs like "Single Again" and "Here We Go."
  • King Lee
    King Lee Members, Writer Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    good interview, ill check him out when i get the chance
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dope interview even doper come up story #inspirational ;) def will check more into macklemore
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mos def seems like a cool dude. Someone you could shoot the ? with, but I cannot stand my dude's delivery. I'm sorry. All of these songs I've clicked on sound horrible to me. His flow is just off.

Still, it's good to see someone with a message do well in the genre.
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dude is decent..
    but he aint ? with this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iygcpqKw0Yc

LOL..
  • runningwolf1980
    runningwolf1980 Members Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

the ? are you talking about? this guys has 0% industry push