why is "party" rap looked down upon on the ic?

Options
700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2012 in The Reason
as i look thru the reason i see a a lot of disdain for party music, club music or whatever you wanna call it

ive seen plenty of posters talkin down on artists such as trinidad james, future, 2 chainz, lil wayne and others that i cant think of right now

and it mostly ny posters who dont even kno that they are bein hypocrites sayin its not hip hop, its garbage

i think that most of you forget that hip hop started off as party music, when it first starte in the bronx it was just party music, thats all that was made

now the same posters from the brithplace of hip hop ? on party music

please explain ny posters why you feel such a way about music that your community created and loved enough at one point to make it a worldwide genre

Comments

Options
    are yall ny posters mad that the south took hip hop back to its roots

please explain
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Look at the artists you mentioned... they're all interchangeable. Like, people on here ? with ? , and Wayne to some degree. But when the other clones start to make music JUST LIKE them, they ? the game up. Same can be said with every other sub genre, but since them type of artists are the most popular, they get the most flack.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im from Texas nothin wrong with a party rap artists thats versatile its when artists are one sided!
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Because it sucks.. and as a prevasive influence on the culture.. and ? youth especially..

That ? has its place... ? JAMS and background music.

Soon as i hear a song that talks about "? " i wanna kick the radio through the console
    Options
    Because it sucks.. and as a prevasive influence on the culture.. and ? youth especially..

do you think they said this when hip hop first started in basement parties

did they listen and say "this is a negative influence on our kids and it is garbage"

or did they just party to the music that was made for a party
    Options
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    Look at the artists you mentioned... they're all interchangeable. Like, people on here ? with ? , and Wayne to some degree. But when the other clones start to make music JUST LIKE them, they ? the game up. Same can be said with every other sub genre, but since them type of artists are the most popular, they get the most flack.

at any given time in rap history most of the music put out at the time is basically the same

when nas, biggie and jay all came out they was all basically on mafioso rap
  • playmaker88
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Plap Star wrote: »

did they listen and say "this is a negative influence on our kids and it is garbage"

This music that is being today is fastfood it will hardly be remembered it impact is frivolous. The "party" is a whole lot different than it was fam..

And as other have mentioned... look at the rappers ....listed the most stereotypical.. ignorant ? shuffling ass ? in the game
    That just my personal opinion we can agree to disagree
    Options

blackbloc wrote: »
    most poster in the ic have never been to a club/ were never invited to parties during high school/college and have no idea that tracks like that can make a party and get you laid after bubbling right to one of those tracks with a g

you do have a point, they are lookin for somethin super lyrical when the track is about smokin drinkin and ? hoes
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    You have to be honest with yourself and realize that some of that ? sucks, but also "ny posters" have to admit some of that party music is decent. This is a opinion based forum btw so people are going to express their feelings how they see fit.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yea i like party music just b/c i think future or Trinidad james is wack doesn't mean i don't like party music just means i don't like them specifically.
    Options

This music that is being today is fastfood it will hardly be remembered it impact is frivolous. The "party" is a whole lot different than it was fam..

That just my personal opinion we can agree to disagree

the party is not too much different, the only difference is back then you aint have to use a condom

have yall ever thought that this music isnt supposed to make a impact, its just supposed to get the party started
  • blackbloc
    blackbloc Members Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i been to a party once where the girls were only bumpin mobb deep and smokin blunts its was cool at 1st, until me and my homies realize we weren't going to get no bubbles and that the girls were too much like us. i took way longer then they thought to get in their pants . party stayed at 10 pm , ? start to pop around 5 am . if it was party music i would of been a rap by 12 easy .
  • Ear2DaSt
    Options
    sometimes people that like nothing but party rap are blind and shallow minded just do you and be in touch with reality! Consumers don't really pay attention but some of us do!
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    yea i like party music just b/c i think future or Trinidad james is wack doesn't mean i don't like party music just means i don't like them specifically.

i wasnt talkin bout them specifically, i was using them as examples

what im tryin to say is why focus so much on the lyrics and not just accept the vibe that comes with the music

i cant stand future or trinidad james, and i wont listen to them outside the club

but inside the club its my ? cause its the perfect club music
    Options
    Ear2DaSt wrote: »
    sometimes people that like nothing but party rap are blind and shallow minded just do you and be in touch with reality! Consumers don't really pay attention but some of us do!

this isnt about that, i agree tho any person that just listens to party rap proly has a low iq

im talkin bout dissin and reactin negatively towards music that isnt put out to be the greatest song of all time
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    The ? is a trinidad james? I swear some of you ? be making up names.
    Options
    The ? is a trinidad james? I swear some of you ? be making up names.

? you from miami aint it, i dont think his ? reached down there yet

it barely reached here and im in north florida
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I actually think Trinidad James mixtape is pretty solid, Same goes for TRU REALigion by 2Chainz. But Future just wack as ? to me. Tony Montana is one of the worst songs I heard in recent memory..

I don't got a problem with "club music".. there's just some rappers in that lane that I find wack..
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »

i wasnt talkin bout them specifically, i was using them as examples

what im tryin to say is why focus so much on the lyrics and not just accept the vibe that comes with the music

i cant stand future or trinidad james, and i wont listen to them outside the club

but inside the club its my ? cause its the perfect club music

I agree 100%. I was just saying if I say I don't like a certain artists I just don't like that artist. It doesn't mean I hate the style of music that artists makes. Like if i say i don't like Ti I just don't like TI Doesn't mean I don't like trap music. Like I don't think future can rap for real but he makes some catchy songs that i like and have no problem partying too.

? I think French Montana is the worst rapper breathing but ill party like ? to pop that
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah I ? with party music. It serves a very much needed purpose of getting broads to let you ? them from behind
  • playmaker88
    Options
    True.. in most cases its the artist..however most of these cats making the same songs to different beats..
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Party Music is the MUSIC not the lyrics. The music itself is supposed to set the tone. People don't dance to lyrics. Try rocking a party with acepallas only. Now try rocking a party with instrumentals and I bet the outcome will be quite different. So, point being there is no need to add a whack mc to the music then, ask the question why is party looked down on. Party music isn't looked down on. Whack MC's are looked down.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Options
    thats why they should go back to being versatile you could be a new artist with perfect club music but will still get lumped into a pile by some of these critics which we all can be!