shout out to kobe bean bryant

Options
ATTS
ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
Mr 30,000 man...... One of d few ? i have called out of work for even when Broke just to watch him play.....lebron as well and when jordan was in wiz...

kobe will be missed when hes done....

Comments

• CockMcStuffins
    CockMcStuffins Members Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    INB4.....well, u know....
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    congrats to Kobe.

we know he passin wilt and mike ya think he ends 3rd or pass Karl for 2nd when its all said and done?

Kareem to far off imo
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Its not so much the points he amassed that a great thing.. but the how and the when especially those headline stealing moments.

Top 5
  • ATTS
    Options
    congrats to Kobe.

we know he passin wilt and mike ya think he ends 3rd or pass Karl for 2nd when its all said and done?

Kareem to far off imo
    He will pass malone
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Youngest ever to do it, and he had almost 3 seasons of not many minutes and 2 lockout years.....prob the most impressive of all his records honestly. And he did it all winning 5 ships and going to SEVEN finals. Da GOAT
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    gotta give my congrats to bean... my all time favorite player, before the flame war begins.
  • ATTS
    Options
    Youngest ever to do it, and he had almost 3 seasons of not many minutes and 2 lockout years.....prob the most impressive of all his records honestly. And he did it all winning 5 ships and going to SEVEN finals. Da GOAT

I forgot about his lockout yrs and the few minutes he played first three seasons...he would have passed this record earlier
  • P swayze166
    Options
    ATTS wrote: »

I forgot about his lockout yrs and the few minutes he played first three seasons...he would have passed this record earlier

yeah...thats what makes it even crazier.....7 finals...and he aint done yet....kobe played almost all his career in a system that kinda put his offense in a stranglehold, there is no doubt he could of avg 40 a game for a season if he wanted to (when he had a legit team)...? he avg 35 with no threats surrounding him on his team. dude was 1 on 5 still dropping buckets. kobe is EASILY the greatest scorer of all time....I can let stans argue over who is the best basketball player ever blah blah blah....but dude is the best scorer....range, post, footwork, mid range, finishing, creativity, jumpshot, ft's....he got that title for sure.
  • P swayze166
    Options
    also.....he didn't average 20+ ppg til his 4th season in the NBA.

basically did this ? in 13 years...bulk of it....and watching him play this season,he aint slowing down
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    but the lakers are still under .500
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? does that have to do with the thread ? ?

We talk about that in the Official Lakers thread and Official NBA thread. Quit spamming a thread about career achievements.
  • afromo
    afromo Members Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think kobe is the best scorer ever in terms of will and versatility. Mike didnt shoot threes alot, if he did it'll be a different story but he didnt so i give the edge to kobe. Also, kobe takes and alot of times makes really difficult shots that other won't take which is a good/bad(on some nights terribly bad)thing. Only person I believe who could have matched kobe in scoring versatility is Tracy Mcgrady. Durant and lebron gotta learn to post up to take the crown down the road.
  • Reggie80
    Reggie80 Members Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options

Bryant was the fifth-fastest player -- in terms of games played -- to reach the milestone, needing 1,179. Chamberlain was the fastest at 941 games, followed by Jordan (960), Abdul-Jabbar (1,101) and Malone (1,152)
    Shots bryant-23,071
    Malone-21,777
    Jabbar-24414
    Jordan-23,010-number is actually lower
    Chamberlin-22,911 number is slightly lower

Only Jabbar jacked up more shots too get it.

Kobe free throws
    7546ftm 9002fta
    Jordan
    7061ftm 8448fta
    jabbar
    5804ftm 8091fta
    Malone
    8082ftm 11027fta-number is slighty low
    Chamberlin
    5825ftm 11000fta
    Only Malone made more free throws(Chamberlin shouldn't even count)

I don't wanna hear that ? about lockouts and minuets ? done took a plenty of shots and free throws he only missed 48 games because of lockouts he only missed 100 total games due to injuries and lock outs,I don't want too even put down how many Mike missed, ok I lied it's 208 games due too injures and retirement ? .probably would of had the ? in 96 or 97.

Anyway congrats too Kobe and enjoy stans while you can cause Lebron coming!

• DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It takes amazing skill and being able to score from any where on the court to do the 30 stacks as fast as Kobe did it.
  • buttuh_b
    edited December 2012
    Options
    This clown is making up numbers. Jordan didn't miss no ? damn 208 games due to injuries/lockouts. He missed 83 games altogether through out his playing career. Less than Kobe. And he played until he was 39. He had ample opportunities to play in more games and didn't take em, HIS FAULT.

Kobe missed 102 games due to injuries alone and 48 due to lockout. That's 150 altogether. Lol @ only missed 100 games to injuries aka 1.25 seasons. To put that in perspective, Lebron James has only missed 30 games over his 9 year career (some due to injury, others sitting out season ending games because they already locked the seed). Every player has injuries though. It's a part of the game. It's actually admirable to be able to avoid them.

Quit trying to discredit the greatest scorer ever.
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    If Kobe didn't miss those 48 games due to lockout averaging 25 PPG he would have an extra 1200 points. But to be fair, the whole league missed those games. We can't go off of what if's, just gotta respect what he's been able to do.
  • Reggie80
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    This clown is making up numbers. Jordan didn't miss no ? damn 208 games due to injuries/lockouts. He missed 83 games altogether through out his playing career. Less than Kobe. And he played until he was 39. He had ample opportunities to play in more games and didn't take em, HIS FAULT.

I miss spoke what I was trying too say he missed 208 due too injuries and retiement and sitting probably. lol at Kobe being the best scorer ever stop it all he got is best footwork maybe!

• buttuh_b
    Options
    Reggie80 wrote: »

I miss spoke what I was trying too say he missed 208 due too injuries and retiement and sitting probably. lol at Kobe being the best scorer ever stop it all he got is best footwork maybe!

Did someone force him to retire?? Kobe didn't make the decision to have a lockout. Jordan didn't want to play.

Name a scorer in history who was more dangerous from anywhere on the court.
  • Reggie80
    edited December 2012
    Options

Did someone force him to retire?? Kobe didn't make the decision to have a lockout. Jordan didn't want to play.

Mj and Kevin Durant
    It dosen't matter everybody know Houston got asteriks for that 1st ring cause Mike wasn't playing.? happens in life but we all know the ? would of been playing if his pops didn't die.
    Kobe took alot more 3's but his % ain't head and shoulders better.
    Mike 3pt%
    581 1778 .327

Kobe
    1540 4566 .337
  • buttuh_b
    Options

Mj and Kevin Durant

No and No.

KD scored 50 points one time in his life. You can't be serious. And he still doesn't have a post game.
  • Reggie80
    edited December 2012
    Options
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    Dog you sonnin yourself. That means Kobe made over three times as many 3 pointers as Cheese Eyes. Who holds the record for most 3-pointers ever scored in one game?

Jordan ain't the only player in the league with a family member to die. He decided to retire. ? the dumb ? . He accomplished what he accomplished on the court. I remember Carmelo's sister passed a couple years ago and he missed a couple games but you don't see him retiring.

The sad truth is that it was MJ's fault his Pops got clapped anyway.
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe had deeper range then Michael Jordan but Michael was more efficient and got to 30,000 in less games then the Black Bean Mamba. Michael Jordan was the second to Wilt "I done ? a lot ? " Chamberlin . Actually Kobe took the longest out all members to get to 30k but hey he got to 30k now can you get the lakers pass .500 .

http://www.interbasket.net/news/9635/2012/12/kobe-bryant-youngest-not-fastest-nba-player-30000-points/
  • Reggie80
    Options
    Dog you sonnin yourself. That means Kobe made over three times as many 3 pointers as Cheese Eyes. Who holds the record for most 3-pointers ever scored in one game?

Jordan ain't the only player in the league with a family member to die. He decided to retire. ? the dumb ? . He accomplished what he accomplished on the court. I remember Carmelo's sister passed a couple years ago and he missed a couple games but you don't see him retiring.

I'm only looking at percentage never said Kobe was or wasn't better it's just not overwhelming ? act like he shot 40% 33% is decent.Whatever the case it happened and that was his reason for not playing,and he should of been.
  • buttuh_b
    Options

I'm only looking at percentage never said Kobe was or wasn't better it's just not overwhelming ? act like he shot 40% 33% is decent.Whatever the case it happened and that was his reason for not playing,and he should of been.

So what's your point??? Kobe is a way better 3-point shooter than Jordan was. Jordan also played in an expansion era with less athletic undersized defenders so his attempts were easier.

And it makes a huge difference the reason for not playing. Jordan chose not to play in those games where he could have scored more points while Kobe didn't have a choice.