Comments

• Reggie80
    Reggie80 Members Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Reggie80 wrote: »
    Dog you sonnin yourself. That means Kobe made over three times as many 3 pointers as Cheese Eyes. Who holds the record for most 3-pointers ever scored in one game?

Jordan ain't the only player in the league with a family member to die. He decided to retire. ? the dumb ? . He accomplished what he accomplished on the court. I remember Carmelo's sister passed a couple years ago and he missed a couple games but you don't see him retiring.

The sad truth is that it was MJ's fault his Pops got clapped anyway.

I'm only looking at percentage never said Kobe was or wasn't better it's just not overwhelming ? act like he shot 40% 33% is decent.Whatever the case it happened and that was his reason for not playing,and he should of been.

So what's your point??? Kobe is a way better 3-point shooter than Jordan was. Jordan also played in an expansion era with less athletic undersized defenders so his attempts were easier.

And it makes a huge difference the reason for not playing. Jordan chose not to play in those games where he could have scored more points while Kobe didn't have a choice.

Expansion era foh that's almost laughable I'm not going too explain my point Ray Allen Reggie Miller Steve Kerr were way better 3pt. shooters than Mike not Kobe he's only a percentage point higher.

How the hell didn't Kobe and the players union have a choice the union and the owners could of worked out a deal they didn't dude pops got killed how can you even compare the two.
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://on.nba.com/RFqJ3Y

kobe highlights for me to watch later
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I never heard of any other player in history retiring because a family member died.

You do realize Kobe is only one of 500 players in the NBA right? So Kobe coulda stopped the 99 lockout if he wanted to?
  • Reggie80
    Options
    I never heard of any other player in history retiring because a family member died.

You do realize Kobe is only one of 500 players in the NBA right? So Kobe coulda stopped the 99 lockout if he wanted to?

No I'm not saying Kobe solely could of but the union could of that was in there control it don't matter if nobody else did it but Mike it was his pops that's how he choose too handle it who are we too question it.
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Congrats to Kobe! Hell of a feat no matter how he was able to accompish it. Hope everyone is able to keep into perspective and not go full out ? rider mode.............Oops, too late.
  • afromo
    afromo Members Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is why I hate kobe/mj stans....
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    why is anyone bringing up jordan? let that old ? die and rot away as the WOAT owner in sports....this thread is about what Kobe did...u know kobe right? the greatest scorer of all time....yeah that Kobe. Jordan aint played ball in almost 10 years, its over yall....give it up, he had his shine when he wasnt quitting on his team and his city cuz that shawn michaels ass ? "lost his smile"....back to Kobe

30k_infographic650.jpg
  • P swayze166
    Options
    top play of each of kobe's years in the league (video)

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=153361
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I stay lurking there good drop
  • Reggie80
    Options
    afromo wrote: »
    This is why I hate kobe/mj stans....

I'm no
    Congrats to Kobe! Hell of a feat no matter how he was able to accompish it. Hope everyone is able to keep into perspective and not go full out ? rider mode.............Oops, too late.

Never been a dickrider facts are facts everytime Kobe accomplishes some ? ,? always gotta talk about he the Goat this goat that and the numbers don't even back it up.How you the greatest scorer ever but don't average the most points per game ? makes no sense.

Oh and by the way Tim Duncan is my all time favorite player I'm a spurs fan not a Bulls/Lakers transplant because Of Kobe and Mike.

• DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    This clown is making up numbers. Jordan didn't miss no ? damn 208 games due to injuries/lockouts. He missed 83 games altogether through out his playing career. Less than Kobe. And he played until he was 39. He had ample opportunities to play in more games and didn't take em, HIS FAULT.

Quit trying to discredit the greatest scorer ever.

I miss spoke what I was trying too say he missed 208 due too injuries and retiement and sitting probably. lol at Kobe being the best scorer ever stop it all he got is best footwork maybe!

Did someone force him to retire?? Kobe didn't make the decision to have a lockout. Jordan didn't want to play.

Name a scorer in history who was more dangerous from anywhere on the court.

Mj and Kevin Durant
    It dosen't matter everybody know Houston got asteriks for that 1st ring cause Mike wasn't playing.? happens in life but we all know the ? would of been playing if his pops didn't die.
    Kobe took alot more 3's but his % ain't head and shoulders better.
    Mike 3pt%
    581 1778 .327

Kobe
    1540 4566 .337

Kobe's better than Durant is in the Post even tho Durant is taller. You sound like a hater talbout How you the greatest score but dont average the most point? ? lead the league in scoring at 34 years old plus the highest he's ever averaged was 35 a game for a season. I believe MJ is the goat but to act like Kobe aint good cuz of this or cuz of that, come on wit the nit picking ? . Kobe definately deserves to be in the discussions and definately the closest we've seen to Jordan in terms of what they bring competitively and the style of play skillset wise. It's mind boggling how that inparticular can be debatable or challenged

• playmaker88
    Options
    You are arguing with someone who has a visceral reaction ..... its fruitless fam let it go
  • Reggie80
    Options
    You are arguing with someone who has a visceral reaction ..... its fruitless fam let it go
    There's nothing visceral about my reaction can Durant not score from any on the floor? With Durant I'm speaking more on potential could Mike not score from anywhere on the floor?
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    This clown is making up numbers. Jordan didn't miss no ? damn 208 games due to injuries/lockouts. He missed 83 games altogether through out his playing career. Less than Kobe. And he played until he was 39. He had ample opportunities to play in more games and didn't take em, HIS FAULT.

I miss spoke what I was trying too say he missed 208 due too injuries and retiement and sitting probably. lol at Kobe being the best scorer ever stop it all he got is best footwork maybe!

Did someone force him to retire?? Kobe didn't make the decision to have a lockout. Jordan didn't want to play.

Mj and Kevin Durant
    It dosen't matter everybody know Houston got asteriks for that 1st ring cause Mike wasn't playing.? happens in life but we all know the ? would of been playing if his pops didn't die.
    Mike 3pt%
    581 1778 .327

Kobe
    1540 4566 .337

Kobe's better than Durant is in the Post even tho Durant is taller.

• MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Height doesn't determine how a guy decides to get his shot its his style of play it usually what they were good at first Durant has been playing like a shooting guard for most his life before he was 6'10-6'11. People be mad at Bigs that shoot perimeter Jumpshots and aren't bangers but that's not what got them to the league its their perimeter jump shot .
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    But the guy specifically said who's better at scoring at any spot on the floor and he said Durant. I just pointed out that I feel like Durant gets pushed off the blocks alil more than Kobe does which dont make him better at scoring ANYWHERE than Bean is. I never knocked Durant for being a Shooting guard in a center's body, I was pointing out something else homie. idk why you came in with here with that people mad at the bigs shooting ? you speaking
  • playmaker88
    Options
    There's nothing visceral about my reaction can Durant not score from any on the floor? With Durant I'm speaking more on potential could Mike not score from anywhere on the floor?

Mj and Kevin Durant
    Mike 3pt%
    581 1778 .327

Kobe
    1540 4566 .337

Kobe's better than Durant is in the Post even tho Durant is taller.

Ok ill play durant cant shoot for 30 with ease but he cant score in the ways kobe does.. ? he cant even score the ways of westbrook hes just not that type of scorer.. and Kobe is a better shot maker and slightly more versatile scorer than mike because of the 3 ball
  • ShadyWorldOrder
    ShadyWorldOrder Members Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I always hated Kobe but thats a testament of how great he is and how much he ethered my squad much respect
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    I'm not really a Kobe fan never have been (dislike the Lakers) but do is one of the GOATs when its all said and done.

• Reggie80
    Options

Mj and Kevin Durant
    Mike 3pt%
    581 1778 .327

Kobe
    1540 4566 .337

Kobe's better than Durant is in the Post even tho Durant is taller. You sound like a hater talbout How you the greatest score but dont average the most point? ? lead the league in scoring at 34 years old plus the highest he's ever averaged was 35 a game for a season. I believe MJ is the goat but to act like Kobe aint good cuz of this or cuz of that, come on wit the nit picking ? . Kobe definately deserves to be in the discussions and definately the closest we've seen to Jordan in terms of what they bring competitively and the style of play skillset wise. It's mind boggling how that inparticular can be debatable or challenged
    When did I ever say Kobe isn't good?I use too go through this all the time a few years back I said then I thought Bean was number 2 but ? always acting like he did or was doing some unprecedented ? and it's not the case. How am I being a hater with facts?
    ? talking about he the greatest scorer ever and there isn't any facts too back up there claims.
    ? got 2 scoring titles foh!

Does Wilt not have the greatest scoring game in NBA history and points per game average for a season? Does Mike not have the highest points per game in NBA history? Does Kareem not have the most points in NBA history?
    Does he have the most 50 point games most 30 most 40 point games?

Now for you and the rest of the cockbuffing Kobe stans where is it that he is number one in any scoring catergory

• peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well this didnt take long...
  • DR. JEK
    Options

Mj and Kevin Durant
    Mike 3pt%
    581 1778 .327

Kobe
    1540 4566 .337

When did I ever say Kobe isn't good?I use too go through this all the time a few years back I said then I thought Bean was number 2 but ? always acting like he did or was doing some unprecedented ? and it's not the case. How am I being a hater with facts?
    ? talking about he the greatest scorer ever and there isn't any facts too back up there claims.

Does Wilt not have the greatest scoring game in NBA history and points per game average for a season? Does Mike not have the highest points per game in NBA history? Does Kareem not have the most points in NBA history?

Now for you and the rest of the cockbuffing Kobe stans where is it that he is number one in any scoring catergory

When you said how he the greatest ever and he dont average the most points per game, either I miss understood what you meant or you're a ? . Where you aluding to when he played with Shaq? Kobe leads the league in scoring right now so maybe you wasn't talking about this year when you said that or was you? I tried to let it slide but you seem to be ? on a guy who's averaged 35 before but the guy you are cappin for, his highest average he's had so far was 30.1 and I think had his first 50 point game just last year. I called you a hater not because of your stance but because You keep saying I aint a dickrider(so the people that think Kobe's an elite score are?) and I also called you a hater because that one statement sounded knitpickish. If he aint the most complete scorer of altime he's definately one of them or in the conversation so you shouldn't act like other ? is saying something blasphamous when they say that.

• Reggie80
    Options

Mj and Kevin Durant
    Mike 3pt%
    581 1778 .327

Kobe
    1540 4566 .337

When you said how he the greatest ever and he dont average the most points per game, either I miss understood what you meant or you're a ? . Where you aluding to when he played with Shaq? Kobe leads the league in scoring right now so maybe you wasn't talking about this year when you said that or was you? I tried to let it slide but you seem to be ? on a guy who's averaged 35 before but the guy you are cappin for, his highest average he's had so far was 30.1 and I think had his first 50 point game just last year. I called you a hater not because of your stance but because You keep saying I aint a dickrider(so the people that think Kobe's an elite score are?) and I also called you a hater because that one statement sounded knitpickish. If he aint the most complete scorer of altime he's definately one of them or in the conversation so you shouldn't act like other ? is saying something blasphamous when they say that.
    See classic I'm dodging the facts post! Who am I capping for when did I ever say Kobe wasn't an all time elite scorer?Only reason I started going in is because ? always gotta talk this goat ? whenever this ? do something.

This is sports bruh not ? rap music where everyone can have there own goat based on personal opinion,
    there are numbers too back up claims and all I did is state the facts if you don't like it that's too bad.

I don't want too hear ? about Shaq you stans can't have it both ways well he not the greatest scorer cause shaq was around and he couldn't win scoring titles,was what you were basically saying. He never would have won three rings without Shaq either,and then he wouldn't be in no conversations about goat with two rings.

No it's not blasphemous too say that about Kobe it's outright ? crazy with no facts too back up your claims
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

the #8 kobe was vicious....for real
  • P swayze166
    Options
    ATTS wrote: »
    ATTS wrote: »

the #8 kobe was vicious....for real

? a Jordan comparison and all that...? a Lebron....#8 Kobe was the most exciting player to watch whether u loved or hated him....that era of Kobe was almost like, every night, "I don't care if lakers are playing the bucks in mid January, this ? feeling to do some crazy ? ....and I'm watching"
  • DR. JEK
    Options

Mj and Kevin Durant
    Mike 3pt%
    581 1778 .327

Kobe
    1540 4566 .337

See classic I'm dodging the facts post! Who am I capping for when did I ever say Kobe wasn't an all time elite scorer?Only reason I started going in is because ? always gotta talk this goat ? whenever this ? do something.

This is sports bruh not ? rap music where everyone can have there own goat based on personal opinion,
    there are numbers too back up claims and all I did is state the facts if you don't like it that's too bad.

I don't want too hear ? about Shaq you stans can't have it both ways well he not the greatest scorer cause shaq was around and he couldn't win scoring titles,was what you were basically saying. He never would have won three rings without Shaq either,and then he wouldn't be in no conversations about goat with two rings.

No it's not blasphemous too say that about Kobe it's outright ? crazy with no facts too back up your claims

What ? stats do you need bruh? The ? got 30 racks worth of points that should be enough and you acting like he don't deserved to be known as one of the best scorers when only a handfulla ? did that, so who sound ridiculous, me or you? Stop acting like you giving him props when you not if you say people giving his respect is "outright crazy" without nummers and stats which can always be googled