why is "party" rap looked down upon on the ic?

Options

Comments

• Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man i aint neva heard Gin and Juice or California Love at a club....

Kinda clubs yall ? go to??
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options

maybe its cause we in florida

everybody would sit down or go to the bar and bathroom if that ? came on in the clubs down here
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Options
    Thats a wack ass house party...

I bet no hoes was dancin...
    Options
    Lil Loca wrote: »
    Plap Star wrote: »
    Lil Loca wrote: »
    "Hypnotize", "California Love", "Hip Hop Hooray", and "Gin and Juice" are all joints that still get heavy rotation whenever I party, so I have no issue with party rap per se.

I have an issue with how it's executed.

Making music that ? like to dance to doesn't mean you get lax with dope lyrics and clever wordplay.

i dont kno what kinda ? ass ? club ? you be goin to but i aint heard none of that ? in the club

House parties.

lies.com
  • hiphop12345
    hiphop12345 Members Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I aint neva heard that Jay-Z song in the club or a party...
    Every region has it's own taste. I know you heard "Big Pimpin" and "I just want to love you"

• Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Options
    Bruh Jay-Z get no spins in clubs down here. All you get is local ? , Boosie, Webbie, Plies, Gucci, Waka, Jeezy, Travis Porter...

I heard that Trinidad James song in the club for the first time last week and ? went craaaazy of that...
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    aint lil loca from the Chi or around here? cuz i know grown folks stay havin house parties playing that old ? so she prob Right.
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruh Jay-Z get no spins in clubs down here. All you get is local ? , Boosie, Webbie, Plies, Gucci, Waka, Jeezy, Travis Porter...

I heard that Trinidad James song in the club for the first time last week and ? went craaaazy of that...

No Jay at all though?.. I remember I was at a dancehall party back in 09 and they played Money Cash Hoes and the party got extra live, lol..
    Options
    no jay at all b
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Options
    No ? ...Jay-Z get no spins...Hoes tryna dance. Not decypher lyrics...lol
  • hiphop12345
    Options

and up here you don't hear Boosie, Webbie, and Plies. Waka is much bigger here than Gucci and Travis Porter is like Pretty Ricky. I would say the East Coast is less bias so no more ? .
  • Biggwillie
    Biggwillie Members Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its a matter of what era you come from. Your Jay, Pac, Biggie listeners will never party with a Cheif Keef, Waka, Travis Porter listener.
  • Gen. Stasia
    Gen. Stasia Members Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How are hoes dancin to Hard in the Paint? Down south parties are wack for the simple fact no reggae gets played. And Dancehall music>>>>>>>> when it comes to dancing.
  • hiphop12345
    Options
    How are hoes dancin to Hard in the Paint? Down south parties are wack for the simple fact no reggae gets played. And Dancehall music>>>>>>>> when it comes to dancing.

Just a bunch of ? with they shirt off, swinging they dreads, and jumping up and down with each other.
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Options
    Naw Reggae get shown some love here
  • Gen. Stasia
    Options

Just a bunch of ? with they shirt off, swinging they dreads, and jumping up and down with each other.

That's so ? . Party music nowa days are made for men and his homies. Atleast Luke made u shake ya ass all this new ? is for chest bumping

• Gen. Stasia
    Options
    See what ppl fail to realize about East Coast is Hip Hop doesn't pander to party music because most of us go to Jamaican and Spanish parties where the music is non stop so there's no need.
  • BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Where are you from? Like someone said before, every region got they're own taste when in the club. Im in Cali so of course your gonna hear all the westcoast music over here.

• Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Party rap isn't looked down on here.

? party rap is.

You can still make the ? shake and ? move while not sounding like you graduated from 2nd grade at 15 years old, while not rapping "quasars and nebulas" or whatever ? cop-out y'all are using as excuses.

Case in point.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lGyS2rqwzc

Made in 2012.

By a respected emcee.

Can BANG in a club right now.

Doesn't sound like hooked on Phonics rap.

? this thread. Tell "party rappers" to step their ? up.
  • Buy Beats
    Buy Beats Members Posts: 80
    Options
    Man I ain't heard no Jay-Z in the club since ever
  • Gen. Stasia
    Options
    ? in Paris in the Club>>>>>

And Give it to Me always gets play to hear

"And I wish I never met her at all" recited by a room full of ? people is hilarious.

Also since when did lyrics not matter? ? is silent dancing? Or are they reciting the lyrics to the top of their lungs?
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    my problem is that they have made it seem like you can't be dope or lyrical and make catchy party music. I don't have a problem with party music, it's just that these popular rappers in todays hip hop suck.
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Party rap isn't looked down on here.

? party rap is.

You can still make the ? shake and ? move while not sounding like you graduated from 2nd grade at 15 years old, while not rapping "quasars and nebulas" or whatever ? cop-out y'all are using as excuses.

Case in point.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lGyS2rqwzc

Made in 2012.

By a respected emcee.

Can BANG in a club right now.

Doesn't sound like hooked on Phonics rap.

? this thread. Tell "party rappers" to step their ? up.

i didnt even have to listen to it to kno that ? would gt no play in the club down here

most ny beats are wack b

edit: i listened to it and just like i thought, that ? would get zero play in the club, the dj would get ? booed

all ny beats just sound the same
    Options
    Jamaica wrote: »
    my problem is that they have made it seem like you can't be dope or lyrical and make catchy party music. I don't have a problem with party music, it's just that these popular rappers in todays hip hop suck.

its impossible to be super lyrical and make party music

lyrical music is about the lyrics, party music is about the beat and simple lyrics to sing along to

who the ? wanna be on drugs and alcohol singin multi's and somplicated rhyme schemes
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ya'll really be thinking ? is saying ? just to be saying it when we say a lot of ? gets NO play down South, no respect, ain't never been heard of or ain't ? with down South