who's the greatest power foward of all time?

Options

Comments

• wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Duncan..

Barkley

and I always liked Kemp over Malone.
    I can't speak on the Older cats I've never seen play.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Duncan
    Barkley
    Moses
    Malone
    McHale

• Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's literally no way Kevin Garnett isn't in the top 5 power forwards of all time...let's be serious here.

lemme get that thread moved to the Biosphere or the GNS
  • Matt-
    Options
    I don't understand what you mean so I'mma going to ether you.

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/485295/man-declared-innocent-of-racial-abuse-used-n-word-as-term-of-endearment#latest

made it in GNS and someone with an axe to grind moved it here.
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Even tho he didn't win a chip Karl Malone is. He imbodied the definition of a power forward and put up numbers for a long time. woulda had 2 rings if it wasn't for the greatest shooting guard ever. People that say Duncan should realize he's just a glorified center imitating a PF
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @plocc

James worthy was a small foward
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    Duncan
    Barkley
    Moses
    Malone
    McHale

Moses as in Moses Malone, naw he was a center
  • Matt-
    Options
    the R&R???? ? purgatory. thanks tho
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm amazed this didn't get closed after the vid on the second post... Now had you said most slept on PF, I'd give you Z Bo
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    1 Tim Duncan
    2 Karl Malone
    3 Charles Barkley

leaves thread

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Barkley is the most skilled PF imo, dude can dribble, post you up, hit the three and was a beast on the boards. Dude was just in the wrong era, i doubt Duncan would have the rings and mvps in Jordans era either.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    No love for Dirk?

Not enough defense?
    that and his playstyle still a great player though
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Barkley is the most skilled PF imo, dude can dribble, post you up, hit the three and was a beast on the boards. Dude was just in the wrong era, i doubt Duncan would have the rings and mvps in Jordans era either.

Duncan had 4 rings in the Shaq/Kobe era... The 02-03/04-05 Spurs team would have beaten the 90-91/97-98 Bulls team.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ocelot wrote: »

Duncan had 4 rings in the Shaq/Kobe era... The 02-03/04-05 Spurs team would have beaten the 90-91/97-98 Bulls team.

aww ? .
    tumblr_m4n3acifJ71qihztbo1_500.gif
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? slap yourself. The Spurs (Parker and Ginobli) wouldn't even be able to dribble the ball up the court with Pippen and Jordans ball pressure. Rodman would control the boards
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    still aint convinced that a center playing the four gets the nod. and if david robinson wasnt there when he was drafted he might of had no chips but if if's was a fifth right?
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    Even tho he didn't win a chip Karl Malone is. He imbodied the definition of a power forward and put up numbers for a long time. woulda had 2 rings if it wasn't for the greatest shooting guard ever. People that say Duncan should realize he's just a glorified center imitating a PF

would he be a top 5 center of all time?

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    yea I dont understand why big game James is being mentioned, hes a legend but foh with one of the goat power forwards of all time talk, Rodman should be mentioned before him
  • ocelot
    Options

? slap yourself. The Spurs (Parker and Ginobli) wouldn't even be able to dribble the ball up the court with Pippen and Jordans ball pressure. Rodman would control the boards
    Yes they would... And Bowen would be all over Jordan... Especially 98 Jordan when they almost lost to the Pacers... Jordan would still get his numbers but he wouldn't do Bowen like he did Russell... Also we had a deeper bench in 05 and a old Rodman could not guard a Prime Duncan... Pop and Phil cancels out... 02-03 vs 90-91 is a 7 game series... 04-05 would beat 97-98 in 6.
  • ocelot
    Options
    And I know you ? didnt even watch Duncan( Spurs in general) like that even when he was in his prime... There's a reason Barkley was easily calling him the GOAT PF before he even won his third ring... Duncan even now is putting numbers up but yall wouldn't know it unless they are playing the Lakers/Heat/OKC or if the Spurs are in the playoffs.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Might as well rename this "The Big Fundamental Appreciation Thread". Tim Duncan is one of the greatest players the world has ever seen.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Karl Malone or Kevin Garnett if we're talking skill-wise. If you do the whole accomplishments over everything list then it's probably Russell followed by Duncan.
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    DR. JEK wrote: »

would he be a top 5 center of all time?

the way he was treating Shaq in the 2003 playoffs maybe he should be but I'd say no. kareem, Bill Russle, Hakeem, Moses Malone and Shaq probably got that but I might put Timmy somewhere between 7 and 10
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    Karl Malone or Kevin Garnett if we're talking skill-wise. If you do the whole accomplishments over everything list then it's probably Russell followed by Duncan.

I can live with this.

• MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options