The Official Floyd Mayweather is the best boxer of this era period...

Options

Comments

• Confidential Playa
    Confidential Playa Members Posts: 820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Hacker wrote: »
    Mexicans are mad everywhere

their fighter won, why would they be mad?
  • jpcrack
    jpcrack Members Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Floyd got that tittle for sure....But as a fight fan I still wanna see that fight PERIOD!
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    im done for tonight im a just wait till tomorrow cause i already see this is gonna be classic stuff
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Manny > Floyd.

Floyd a scared lil ?
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Money is a great but will always be haunted by the stigma of him ducking fighters when they're at their most dangerous.

Remember: Floyd wasn't just saying he's great....he was talkin that ? bout how he BETTER than Ali and Sugar Ray....get the ? outta here.

Imagine Ali talmbout "I don't wanna fight Fraizer or Foreman unless blah blah blah conditions are met" for 5 ? years.

• BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    Sadly...money will never get his true props.

Im a Pacman fan but I respect Money Mays business side and thats what defined his character in the mainstream media. When Pac fans bring up stuff like "Mayweather ducked cotto and margarito. They fought Pac and he demolished them." Im talking about filipinos who became a boxing fanatic when Pac became famous and trust me I know a shitload of them and boxing fans who dont pay attention behind the scenes. They fail to understand that Bob Arum was trying to hustle Floyd when it came to earnings between those 2 matchups. Cant hate on Mayweather for that. Business is business because thats the American way. Majority of the people dont understand that so they just label him as greedy and/or scared.

Pac came from a 3rd world country, growing up hustling single cigarettes on the street to eat. He became a beast in the sport and growing up how he did, of course he wouldnt be really business minded. Pac is the definition of "do your passion, be the best at it and the financial success will come into play." Accepting anything that Arum proposed to him. With that mentality, Pac won the hearts of the people, became the "good guy" because he was humble and not all about the money. That has its percs. Endorsements, commercials, having the chance to become the President of his country (which would be pretty ? stupid of the Philippines if they actually let that happen) his music and acting "career", TV shows in his country etc etc.

Mayweather was the reason Pac gained even more popularity because he kept Pacs name in his mouth. Like how an unknown rapper tries to diss a famous rapper to get his name out there and become famous but Pac didnt do it intentionally. Props to Mayweather tho. He is one of the greatest technical fighters of all time.

Respect to JMM also. Manny got caught slippin. Literally. lol

Would he retire? I dont think so. Arum already hinted a "Part 5" in the post fight interview.

I doubt Pac will go out like that. Filipinos have too much pride and he let down his whole country. I'm living here at the moment. I watched the fight amongst the Filipino people and the they were shocked! Like crying and ? because they thought he died in the ring. lol

Pac just needs to focus on BOXING. Stop all the political ? , acting, singing, etc etc. but I doubt it.
  • Roger Godell
    Roger Godell Members Posts: 132
    Options
    Floyd shoulda fought Pac-man though now that 100 million dollar payday is over nobody else to fight. !st stage of when a boxer is done is when they get put to sleep like Pac-Man did. Ask Roy Jones after Tarver put em to sleep it was a wrap for him
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Floyd agreed to all Arums demands 50/50 small ring and 1million per pound proposed random testing with a 14 day cutoff to Manny in 09 .... Arum and Manny said no and fought Clotty..... 50 million for Manny gone and he gets slept in 12..... karma
  • Roger Godell
    Roger Godell Members Posts: 132
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Floyd agreed to all Arums demands 50/50 small ring and 1million per pound proposed random testing with a 14 day cutoff to Manny in 09 .... Arum and Manny said no and fought Clotty..... 50 million for Manny gone and he gets slept in 12..... karma

From what I saw was Floyd making the demands and Manny said he would agree to all of them then never to hear back from Floyd. Then Floyd making accusations saying Manny might have been taking PED's. Now everybody wanna give Floyd credit for dodging the bullet and letting Marquez beat him is sad. I thought we crown the best fighters in the world for beating the best not giving Floyd credit for being the best when Marquez beats Pac-Man
  • aneed123
    Options

From what I saw was Floyd making the demands and Manny said he would agree to all of them then never to hear back from Floyd. Then Floyd making accusations saying Manny might have been taking PED's. Now everybody wanna give Floyd credit for dodging the bullet and letting Marquez beat him is sad. I thought we crown the best fighters in the world for beating the best not giving Floyd credit for being the best when Marquez beats Pac-Man

thats not what happened the media fooled a lot of folk. Ive followed this from jump and posted on here all the time. before Floyd fought Shane Mosley and before Manny fought Clotty there were negotiation... Arum threw in 1mil per pound because Floyd didnt go by the rules with Marquez. Floyd agreed to a smaller ring cuz they didnt want him to use his legs in the ring. Floyd agreed to a purse split. in return Floyd gave his own demands of random drug testing.... Manny refused Floyd then amended it to random testing with a 14 day cut off.... They turned it down... Floyd fought Mosley and Manny fought Clotty.... then this year before Floyd went to jail Arum refused the May 5th fight date cuz of his magical stadium being built in Dallas....
  • almighty breeze
    almighty breeze Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    Money is a great but will always be haunted by the stigma of him ducking fighters when they're at their most dangerous.

Remember: Floyd wasn't just saying he's great....he was talkin that ? bout how he BETTER than Ali and Sugar Ray....get the ? outta here.

Imagine Ali talmbout "I don't wanna fight Fraizer or Foreman unless blah blah blah conditions are met" for 5 ? years.

stop ignoring details just to make a point.
    Did Frazier or Foreman make demands of Ali that he agreed to then when he made a demand of his own they turned it down and hid behind the medias perception. If that happened let me know and we can change the conversation
  • coop9889
    Options
    Floyd saying he's better than Ali is like Luke Walton saying he greater than MJ.
  • coop9889
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Lol at "if you were to do it"

? aint no "if".

Floyd aint close to Ali.

Period.

End of.
  • coop9889
    edited December 2012
    Options
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    coop9889 wrote: »
    Lol at "if you were to do it"

? aint no "if".

Floyd aint close to Ali.

Period.

End of.

Says who?.. You?... smh.. The mans record speaks for itself.. All his fights are on youtube.. You might want to do some research then come back...

Says everybody but you.

Lol @ u thinking Floyd on Ali's level.

Knicks being 10 games over .500 for the first time since '73 got you all ? up in the head.
  • coop9889
    Options
    I said Floyd aint close to Ali.

You said "say's who?"

That implies that you don't believe it's a consensus.

I replied with "says everybody but you"

Reinforcing the fact that it is a consensus.

You read.

And "close" is relative and in this case, irrelevant. I could be worth $5 and you worth $2, and I'd be closer to Bill Gates net worth than you. Don't mean either of us close for real.
  • cainvelasquez
    cainvelasquez Members Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    May is probably the best, but fighting only 4 times since 2007 is hurting his legacy. He will never be Henry Armstrong, Ray Robinson or even Ray Leonard level.
  • aneed123
    Options
    May is probably the best, but fighting only 4 times since 2007 is hurting his legacy. He will never be Henry Armstrong, Ray Robinson or even Ray Leonard level.

thoses guys were great but back then for finacial purposes they had to fight all the time... Also I hate when folk today "not implying u' but Ive been on boxing forums for years discussing this " always big up fighters from the 20's-60's when the only time they seen them fight was on youtube highlights... there were so many white brawling cab drivers on their resumes that never get brought up.... rockem sockem "Adrien" cave man fighting lol. Ray was great, Ray was great but boxing is different now.... no 15 rounders/fights get stopped quicker/PEDS etc.... I just would break it down by eras like baseball
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »
    Floyd saying he's better than Ali is like Luke Walton saying he greater than MJ.

Floyd is a better boxer than Ali. Ali is considered the greatest for other reasons outside of the ring.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Floyd is not better than Ali..he is more technically sound.. but legacy wise.. in and out of the ring.. nope..
  • coop9889
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Floyd hasnt fought anyone of note

He fights to protect his record.

Hence why he pussied out from fighting Manny
  • aneed123
    Options
    Ali in his prime "Clevland Williams fight" was better or just as good as Floyd.... the thing is tho is his layoff after being exiled took his legs. He came back more of a flatfooted fighter who got hit more. We didnt get to see the real prime of Ali. anyway it spitting hairs and its differnt eras and weight classes..... Compare Floyd with Duran/Sweet Pea/Ray Leonard instead of vs a heavy......
  • Bawse D.Lox
    Bawse D.Lox Members Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    man.jpeg

pacquiao ranned outta steroids subscriptions
    #5a7ut3
  • coop9889
    edited December 2012
    Options
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    You know why u say that?.. Cuz usually after he fights ? they are never the same anymore theyre careers are done..

Floyd woulda beat Manny like he beat all the other ? he fought.. Manny woulda been tryna brawl and floyd woulda boxed him straight to a decision.. Its simple really..

Nah they careers be done beforehand

He chooses ? he knows he'd beat

Runs away from ? who'd give him a run for his money

Like a ?
  • supaman4321
    supaman4321 Members Posts: 946
    Options
    If Floyd hasn't fought anyone of note please tell me who Pacquiao has fought then?

Floyd has been making champions look outclassed for nearly his entire career, to not even think he belongs in the discussion as the greatest or one of either means you're a hater or you just don't know anything about boxing.
  • coop9889
    Options
    So you also think Floyd on Ali's level.

L-M-A-O