R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    as long as it last Broner-Gamboa would be a hell of a fight
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    as long as it last Broner-Gamboa would be a hell of a fight

Gamboa needs to find his edge.. he lost a lil something on that lay off and was lookin sloppier than i ever seen him at this point Id give that edge to Broner.. Gamboa also is a lil too cute.... Gamboa still that dude but he needs a few more fights
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • perspective@100
    perspective@100 Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options

But things changed. Marquez's strength work under the eye of former steroid figure Angel "Memo" Heredia proved critical, with Heredia describing his altered fighter as "Hulk."

They will find no trace of drugs on Dec 17th... These guys invented beating drug test...

• perspective@100
    Options
    I Predict Floyd is going to fight Guerrero on May 4th... Easy Money...
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What y'all think of gatti getting voted into the hof?
  • playmaker88
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    Wasnt one of the greatest fightes of all time.. however it is well deserved because of what he gave the fans and the sport no one should feel cheated because hes in the hall
  • chi-guy
    chi-guy Members Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

He deserves that spot, he was in a number of fan friendly wars and his aggressive and warrior like fighting style was always entertaining to watch

Plus those 3 wars he had with Gatti are up there in terms of the sport's all time trilogies

• playmaker88
    Options
    chi-guy wrote: »

He deserves that spot, he was in a number of fan friendly wars and his aggressive and warrior like fighting style was always entertaining to watch

Plus those 3 wars he had with Gatti are up there in terms of the sport's all time trilogies

Gatti vs Gatti was classic
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    why pac looking like a body they found in the woods.

you cant tell me the cartels aint ? and dump him
  • Art-illery
    Art-illery Members Posts: 743 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? ya'll ? are HEARTLESS for those Pacquiao pics! Seeing Pac K.O.ed was epic... But anyway, we got a new week, and a new weekend of boxing. This is my finals week for school before the break, and I'm gonna get ? AF (shoutout to Vader).

Amir Khan vs. Carlos Molina... I'm interested in how Virgil Hunter worked with him... Because we all know that Freddie Roach wasn't teaching that boy no defense for his fragile jaw. Will he get his groove back?

Nonito Donaire vs. Jorge Arce. Well, the P.I. can get a pretty good NEEDED win this weekend with Nonito's hoe ass fighting a old guy that loves to suck lollipops. Hate to say it, but Nonito is gonna dominate Jorge. This can be another "breakout" fight for Nonito, as it was when he knocked out Vic Darchiniyan. With Manny taking a bad "L", and none of the other Filipino fighters coming up with victories (though Michael Farenas fought his ass off on some retro Pacquiao ? ), maybe people will finally know of another Filipino boxer besides Pacquiao that goes by the name of the name of Nonito Donaire. Speaking of that card this weekend, I've always wondered why Nonito was never featured on any of Manny's undercards... You get garbage ass Mercito Gesta, but no Nonito to rep for the P.I.? What's up with that!?

Guillermo Rigondeaux vs. Poonsawat Kratingdaenggym (TRY PRONOUNCING THAT ? FAST). THIS card is the card I'm lookin forward too... We all know Rigo is probably one of the most tech savvy boxers in the game. Personally, I think he rivals the likes of Mayweather and Ward in terms of technical brilliance. He's one of the best boxers Cuba has ever produced. However, he's always been accused of fighting tomato can fighters with garbage records. Poonsawat, a Thai boxer, is known as a pretty tough coming forward relentless brawler that breaks down his opponents. That muhfucka can cut off a ring too. Plus, he's got a record with over 40+ fights. Poonsawat's most notable win was over Irish boxer Bernard Dunne in which he knocked out Dunne in the third round (in his own backyard), sending him into retirement. Rigo has got a questionable chin, but his reflexes are second to none, and his power is deceiving. I want Rigo to win, but in a fight like this, any thing can happen.

Poonsawat reminds me of Marcos Maidana.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXgwny6_Ous

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PO8jyjfquAs
  • nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

yeah man i forgot, who won? gatti?
  • nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Art-illery wrote: »
    ? ya'll ? are HEARTLESS for those Pacquiao pics! Seeing Pac K.O.ed was epic... But anyway, we got a new week, and a new weekend of boxing. This is my finals week for school before the break, and I'm gonna get ? AF (shoutout to Vader).

Amir Khan vs. Carlos Molina... I'm interested in how Virgil Hunter worked with him... Because we all know that Freddie Roach wasn't teaching that boy no defense for his fragile jaw. Will he get his groove back?

Nonito Donaire vs. Jorge Arce. Well, the P.I. can get a pretty good NEEDED win this weekend with Nonito's hoe ass fighting a old guy that loves to suck lollipops. Hate to say it, but Nonito is gonna dominate Jorge. This can be another "breakout" fight for Nonito, as it was when he knocked out Vic Darchiniyan. With Manny taking a bad "L", and none of the other Filipino fighters coming up with victories (though Michael Farenas fought his ass off on some retro Pacquiao ? ), maybe people will finally know of another Filipino boxer besides Pacquiao that goes by the name of the name of Nonito Donaire. Speaking of that card this weekend, I've always wondered why Nonito was never featured on any of Manny's undercards... You get garbage ass Mercito Gesta, but no Nonito to rep for the P.I.? What's up with that!?

Guillermo Rigondeaux vs. Poonsawat Kratingdaenggym (TRY PRONOUNCING THAT ? FAST). THIS card is the card I'm lookin forward too... We all know Rigo is probably one of the most tech savvy boxers in the game. Personally, I think he rivals the likes of Mayweather and Ward in terms of technical brilliance. He's one of the best boxers Cuba has ever produced. However, he's always been accused of fighting tomato can fighters with garbage records. Poonsawat, a Thai boxer, is known as a pretty tough coming forward relentless brawler that breaks down his opponents. That muhfucka can cut off a ring too. Plus, he's got a record with over 40+ fights. Poonsawat's most notable win was over Irish boxer Bernard Dunne in which he knocked out Dunne in the third round (in his own backyard), sending him into retirement. Rigo has got a questionable chin, but his reflexes are second to none, and his power is deceiving. I want Rigo to win, but in a fight like this, any thing can happen.

Poonsawat reminds me of Marcos Maidana.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXgwny6_Ous

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PO8jyjfquAs

philipino boxing is pretty much run by bob arum.
    nonito sadly dared to compare himself to pacman and thus got publicly run though the mud by the arum machine and thusly the entire ear of the flip nation.
    now that pacman took a dirtnap expect to hear his name blown up by bob n co
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    is pac awake yet?
  • chi-guy
    Options

LOL Ward, but you knew what I meant

• chi-guy
    Options
    I didn't even know Maidana was fighting this Wednesday and Pascal fights Friday

As far as Donaire goes, the writing is on the wall for him to be Arum's new Pacquiao. He gon hype that boy up something serious, but he'll go down similar to the way Manny did

It might happen sooner if he puts him in there with Mares or Rigondeaux
  • DanknDrank
    DanknDrank Members Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Somebody please make a meme with Pacquiao laying in the bushes during the game/40glocc fight...that would make my night lmfao
  • perspective@100
    Options
    I didn't even know Maidana was fighting this Wednesday and Pascal fights Friday

As far as Donaire goes, the writing is on the wall for him to be Arum's new Pacquiao. He gon hype that boy up something serious, but he'll go down similar to the way Manny did

It might happen sooner if he puts him in there with Mares or Rigondeaux

Donaire's speed and left hook power would be too much for Rigondeaux whose chin is now looking very suspect after his last few fights...

In short Rigondeaux has lost a step...

• buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Finally saw the Gamboa fight. He needs at least a fight or 2 before Broner. It's looking like Broner vs. Burns anyway.
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Finally saw the Gamboa fight. He needs at least a fight or 2 before Broner. It's looking like Broner vs. Burns anyway.

it wouldn't matter he'd still get dropped , he not that Class of fighter...he's good but his defense is trash as hell....he's quick and has some pop but his poor footwork & Defense would get him Annihilated
  • R.D.
    Options
    Gamboa should test the waters and fight Demarco first if he decides to move up
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I had to work Sat night so I missed it. Anybody know a site where I can watch the replay b/c HBO is gonna keep it off of YouTube until sfter the replay this weekend.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Now cats trynna say JMM was juicing

Can't stand Manny, but that ? does look a little suspect.

I mean, Marquez fought him 3 times, went the full 12 rounds each fight...and now all of a sudden he's putting him to sleep??? In the 6th round???

18492.gif

I guess we'll find out on the 17th when his test results come back.

I hope it's a legitimate win simply because of how many times Marquez got robbed out of victories against Manny, but I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't.

• R.D.
    Options
    ^ all it take is one shot