Kentucky Man Defends Racially Inflammatory Statue Of Obama Eating Watermelon: He ‘Might Get Hungry’

Options
stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
mediaite.com/online/kentucky-man-defends-racially-inflammatory-statue-of-obama-eating-watermelon-he-might-get-hungry/
Kentucky native Danny Hafley has sparked controversy after he erected a statue of President Barack Obama near his house depicting the nation’s first black president eating watermelon. When asked to defend his artistic choices, Hafley replied that the 44th President of the United States “might get hungry standing out here.”

Hafley told reporters with NBC’s Lexington County affiliate that he is simply exercising his right to free speech with his racially insensitive depiction of the president.
“The way I look at it, it’s freedom of speech,” said Danny Hafley. “I don’t know how other people will take it.”

Hafley bought the Obama mask on sale after Halloween and put up the display around the time of November’s presidential election.

The mannequin, dressed in a grey suit, clip-on tie and blue-collared shirt, was originally standing in Hafley’s yard but the homeowner decided it would look better near the road.

“That’s my buddy,” Hafley said. “He don’t talk. Don’t make no smart comments. If I had a dollar for everyone who stopped and took a picture of it I’d be a millionaire.”

Asked by Lex18 why Obama is depicted eating a watermelon, Hafley replied that he “might get hungry standing out here.”

obama-watermelon.jpg

Smdh...

Comments