Cyhi the Prince: the least talked about artist on GOOD Music.

Options
2»

Comments

• t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Even if he releases videos I don't see him getting the credit he deserves. He's not unique as far as rapping/personality is concerned he's just a regular ass dope rapper and a lot of times thats not enough in this day and age. Regardless he's still consistent as ? ...
  • Brian B.
    Brian B. Members Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CJ wrote: »
    Brian B. wrote: »
    is it out of the realm of possibility that he is a ghostwriter for G.O.O.D. Music? thus why he hasn't dropped an album or got a big push yet..

Never heard a G.O.O.D verse or line & thought "that sounds like cyhi"

Lmao, does "Still D.R.E." sound like Jay-Z?

That's one of the things about ghostwriting, it's not supposed to sound like the ghostwriter but the artist it's written for

Not SUPPOSED to but more times than not its easy to tell

Ok, now back to my original question

Is it out of the realm of possibility that he is a ghostwriter?

@ 1st you said no, cuz it didn't sound like him

but we've established that it's not supposed to sound like the ghostwriter (even tho sometimes it does)

so, the reasoning for him not being a ghostwriter cuz it "doesn't sound like him" is out the window
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cyhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    is it out of the realm of possibility that he is a ghostwriter for G.O.O.D. Music? thus why he hasn't dropped an album or got a big push yet..

That's one of the things about ghostwriting, it's not supposed to sound like the ghostwriter but the artist it's written for

but we've established that it's not supposed to sound like the ghostwriter (even tho sometimes it does)

so, the reasoning for him not being a ghostwriter cuz it "doesn't sound like him" is out the window

When did you read me say it wasn't a possibility?

I just said I never heard a cyhi sounding verse from a GOOD member.
  • Snake Griffin
    Snake Griffin Members Posts: 241 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cyhi from my area of Atlanta (Stone Mountain) and I ? with him after Ivy League and Royal Flush 2 but I've never heard a single person here mention him once.
  • Brian B.
    Brian B. Members Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lmao bruh, my 1st post I asked that question

You gave it a nosign & responded w/ "never heard a line that sounded like cyhi" which would obviously imply you think it's out of the realm of possibility

& this is my last response cuz you're either trollin or doin a terrible job @ backtracking now lol
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lmao bruh, my 1st post I asked that question

You gave it a nosign & responded w/ "never heard a line that sounded like cyhi" which would obviously imply you think it's out of the realm of possibility

& this is my last response cuz you're either trollin or doin a terrible job @ backtracking now lol

Didn't say it was impossible, just never suspected it because I never heard a cyhi sounding verse. As for the "no-sign" I'm on mobile I lol & ether etc post by mistake all the time. Check your other post where I lol'd when nothing about it was funny, you wasn't even trying to be funny.
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Because he's writing for Kanye West non-rapping ass
  • andre_1024
    andre_1024 Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cyhi is dope a definitely slept on, but Ivy League is the first full project of his I could play front to back multiple times..
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I always thought maybe he writes some of kanyes ?
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@ the bolded, yes ? he did sound like Jay. You'd have to be deaf not to notice it
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think eventually he will get his turn. Sean didn't get put on for awhile and he was signed since way back. GOOD just got a lot of ? going on right now. They need to set up something where he can be in the front bc dude has talent and an ear for beats. He could've had a few singles off of Ivy leauge.
  • FrankOceanIsGay
    FrankOceanIsGay Members Posts: 402
    Options
    Just another generic rapper with zero star potential and a sketchy past.. Do your homework..
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just another generic rapper with zero star potential and a sketchy past.. Do your homework..

What u mean sketchy past?
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    chiyosuke wrote: »

@ the bolded, yes ? he did sound like Jay. You'd have to be deaf not to notice it

Talking about "still D.R.E." I went to YouTube to look at the video and man there is more girls ass clapping in that video then the one they showed on TV I've been lied to.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CL6n0FJZpk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• cap'n key
    cap'n key Members Posts: 18
    Options
    Dude is signed to too many labels (Konvict, BuVision, G.O.O.D. Music). It would be easier to promote Big Sean, who is exclusively a G.O.O.D. Music artist.
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    chiyosuke wrote: »

Talking about "still D.R.E." I went to YouTube to look at the video and man there is more girls ass clapping in that video then the one they showed on TV I've been lied to.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CL6n0FJZpk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

*watches video* *notices what u notice(especially ole girl clapping that ass n the '64)* *co-signs you but would also GOAT you if I could do both*
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cap'n key wrote: »
    Dude is signed to too many labels (Konvict, BuVision, G.O.O.D. Music). It would be easier to promote Big Sean, who is exclusively a G.O.O.D. Music artist.

He pretty much explained to the Breakfast Club that he was strictly GOOD at this point.
  • choppa_style
    choppa_style Members Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sean was gonna get dropped.

You'all forgot what Consequence said?
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "The most "aiiiiight" ? of all time" - BigGhostFace
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "The most "aiiiiight" ? of all time" - BigGhostFace

Lmao he went in on Cyhi on that CS review
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's ridiculously slept on. Probably one of the more creative cats in the game as far as concepts and punchlines and metaphors.
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Zigefresh wrote: »
    yet dude spit the hardest(arguably) or on par as the top guys on there....Why doesn't he get more shine?

I mean he got good stuff like this. Kanye needs to push this guy as much as he pushes Sean. I mean he's been on GOOD for years now and still hasn't blown up yet after all this time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoWO6SRTdrA

i think your failing to realize that kanye hasnt pushed Big Sean ... big sean success is due to him creating the right records ... cyhi really aint successfull yet imo cause he hasnt droppped the right records yet in the RIGHT WAY ... has he even made an attempt to drop a REAL SINGLE ?? all i heard were mixtapes ??