Comments

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    He didn't get enough blacklash.
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iono why yall wait til now to "take a stand" hes not even at the peak of his career right now. if anything hes on his way out. Hes up there with jayz and nas. they drop records just for the hell of it. well nas needs the money now but still
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never bought an eminem album so i did my part
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Anybody know if Eminem is racist or not yet?

Terrible way to start out '13 yo. Good music is out there.
  • ayyubam2002
    ayyubam2002 Members Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    Options

Email
    More»
    The friend of Eminem who helped The Source corroborate its claim that Eminem is a racist has written a letter to the magazine saying he was taken out of context and that he believes Marshall Mathers is not a racist.

The letter was written by Chaos Kid to Kim Osorio, the editor-in-chief of The Source, and was found posted on various online newsgroups.

Chaos Kid, a Detroit MC who is featured in The Source's February cover story, was Eminem's writing partner between 1988 and 1993 (see "Source Can Release Excerpts Of Eminem's Controversial Rap"). He is also described as one of the kids in a rap crew called Bassmint Productions to which Eminem belonged when he recorded a pair of controversial freestyles, which surfaced in November and found Eminem using offensive language toward black people. Though Chaos Kid says in the magazine that he opted out of the freestyle sessions, his interview is used to validate the magazine's contention that Eminem is a racist.

In his letter, Chaos Kid says his words were manipulated and facts contorted to fit The Source's motives. He writes to Osorio, "I am forced at this point to recognize that there are obviously some ulterior motives/personal hang-ups/political/racial agendas going on behind the scenes at The Source and this is making it impossible for you to present the issue of these tapes in a true light that would give a full spectrum of perspective."

Chaos explains that the freestyles were called "Suckerin' Rhymes," and that they were intentionally misguided. He says their purpose was to be as "goofy/stupid/ignorant/wack as possible." He accuses The Source of making some factual errors in its reporting and failing to give his quotes proper context.

He writes of his personal experiences with Eminem during that time and says that the famous rapper never used the N-word or "any other derogatory names or made any derogatory remarks about African-Americans in casual conversation with me. In fact, we personally had conversations talking about how we hated racism and racists and both had real songs denouncing racism!!"

Chaos Kid concludes by writing that, in his opinion, "Marshall Mathers is not a racist. Although the songs were in bad taste, they were not intended to be taken seriously or even heard and do not represent the true sentiments of Eminem."

Though Chaos Kid's words seem to support the generally accepted notion that Eminem's freestyles weren't pathological or even characteristic, they differ from the sentiments expressed in Eminem's own apology issued in December (see "Eminem Apologizes For Old Track That Dissed Black Women"). In a statement, Em said the offensive freestyles were motivated by a relationship with a girl gone awry and that they were written from a hurt, emotional and reactionary point of view.

Chaos Kid's letter asks for Osorio to publish a "Letter to the Editor" in the next issue of The Source to clarify his position or, he says, he'll be forced to tell "the truth" to other media outlets. Though the letter was addressed to Osorio, when reached for comment, the editor said she had no knowledge of receiving such a letter.

Email
    More»
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    man ? feminem and anyone that ? with him
  • can'tyoutell
    can'tyoutell Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I honestly wouldn't care about this issue if people didn't make a big deal about other artist's personal lives. It's the hypocrisy that kills me. This is WORSE than anything any other artist did, as far as things that should end a rapper's career, or things to ? about.
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I honestly wouldn't care about this issue if people didn't make a big deal about other artist's personal lives. It's the hypocrisy that kills me. This is WORSE than anything any other artist did, as far as things that should end a rapper's career, or things to ? about.

Big Pun pistol whipped his wife. Jus sayin.
  • vslyke
    vslyke Members Posts: 661 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Dr. Dre threw Dee Barnes down a flight of stairs and the other 3 in NWA (Ice Cube had already left) backed him up
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    this thread would have been funny if h rap, gee and shady were still around.

i lost a lot of respect for eminem after this and not to mention that this was around the time that eminem's music started to decline.
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    but he had made niqqaz rich tho..

and when did black men (& women) stop making song that degrade black women?

• yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I still got that magazine. Also have an the article with rappers who sided with Takeover & Ether

I'd be interested in the latter, as the ts' posts are responses from the same issue with the audio. Funny, how Black rappers degrade, and disrespect Black women, and as long as it is over a "Nice beat" these women have no care if it is disrespectful. Let's hold everybody accountable for their music, since most of it is directed towards women who "don't listen to the lyrics" and have no self-respect.
  • r.prince18
    r.prince18 Members Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Email
    More»
    The friend of Eminem who helped The Source corroborate its claim that Eminem is a racist has written a letter to the magazine saying he was taken out of context and that he believes Marshall Mathers is not a racist.

The letter was written by Chaos Kid to Kim Osorio, the editor-in-chief of The Source, and was found posted on various online newsgroups.

Chaos Kid, a Detroit MC who is featured in The Source's February cover story, was Eminem's writing partner between 1988 and 1993 (see "Source Can Release Excerpts Of Eminem's Controversial Rap"). He is also described as one of the kids in a rap crew called Bassmint Productions to which Eminem belonged when he recorded a pair of controversial freestyles, which surfaced in November and found Eminem using offensive language toward black people. Though Chaos Kid says in the magazine that he opted out of the freestyle sessions, his interview is used to validate the magazine's contention that Eminem is a racist.

In his letter, Chaos Kid says his words were manipulated and facts contorted to fit The Source's motives. He writes to Osorio, "I am forced at this point to recognize that there are obviously some ulterior motives/personal hang-ups/political/racial agendas going on behind the scenes at The Source and this is making it impossible for you to present the issue of these tapes in a true light that would give a full spectrum of perspective."

Chaos explains that the freestyles were called "Suckerin' Rhymes," and that they were intentionally misguided. He says their purpose was to be as "goofy/stupid/ignorant/wack as possible." He accuses The Source of making some factual errors in its reporting and failing to give his quotes proper context.

He writes of his personal experiences with Eminem during that time and says that the famous rapper never used the N-word or "any other derogatory names or made any derogatory remarks about African-Americans in casual conversation with me. In fact, we personally had conversations talking about how we hated racism and racists and both had real songs denouncing racism!!"

Chaos Kid concludes by writing that, in his opinion, "Marshall Mathers is not a racist. Although the songs were in bad taste, they were not intended to be taken seriously or even heard and do not represent the true sentiments of Eminem."

Though Chaos Kid's words seem to support the generally accepted notion that Eminem's freestyles weren't pathological or even characteristic, they differ from the sentiments expressed in Eminem's own apology issued in December (see "Eminem Apologizes For Old Track That Dissed Black Women"). In a statement, Em said the offensive freestyles were motivated by a relationship with a girl gone awry and that they were written from a hurt, emotional and reactionary point of view.

Chaos Kid's letter asks for Osorio to publish a "Letter to the Editor" in the next issue of The Source to clarify his position or, he says, he'll be forced to tell "the truth" to other media outlets. Though the letter was addressed to Osorio, when reached for comment, the editor said she had no knowledge of receiving such a letter.

Email
    More»

i remember that letter.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    If he wanna be in the game gotta respect the culture!
    you think some other aspiring artist would do some dumb ? like that?
    He f_cked up thats it he gots to live with himself I know he embaressed by the comments!
    He got plenty of negative attention at the same time the game could use him!
    He should just break tapes and apologize if the game could move forward some how cuz it can be connected like economy!
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    Thank ? GEE is banned or this thread wouldve been outta control.

GEE was funny though
  • RickyRich
    Options
    Em ya claim ya mother's a crackhead and Kim is a known ? ,
    so what's Haley gon' be when she grows up?

MURRRDAAA!!
  • RickyRich
    Options
    An' Em, whats tha du-rag for?
    You neva gon' have waves, you'll never know black pain
  • SOWETO
    SOWETO Members Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • SOWETO
    SOWETO Members Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just because a dude says ? in a song does not make him a racist.

Are all of you that type CRACKAAAAA all day racists? If you dont consider yourself one you need to shut the ? up.

Ive heard and read alot worse about black women from GROWN BLACK MEN, and yall in here holding a tissue because of something a white teenager said?

? stay losing.
    racism is where prejudice/power intersect.

• Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WELCOME BACK GEE
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's the Elvis of this ? ... and the way y'all defend him is disgusting..
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    He's the Elvis of this ? ... and the way y'all defend him is disgusting..

its disgusting on both sides really. u beating on a dead dog when u keep saying u dont like him. he doesnt even have music out. so #stopitfive
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MOP Toured and did videos with Em... Styles P did songs with Em since... aside from Esham (who got ? up numerous times by D12 and claimed Em was trying to get him killed) as backed off that stance since..its 2013 ? still hasnt changed since 2003 on these boards
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? so mad em the best and most successful rapper they have to go attack this dude in his teenage years.

Like we all didnt do questionable ? that we wouldnt approve of today when we were teens.

Not saying i support the foolishness at all, but yall insecurity is causing you to overreact.