Do yall think Rondo is still a Top 5 PG If so..............

Options
Jdilla26
Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
Why is Boston 14-17 and they have a offense ranked 24th in the League with nice role player additions from the offseason. I expected Boston to be at least Top 3 in the League I know Boston are late bloomers but they're a year older Boston has become a mediocre defense and a stagnant offense but they have rondo who supposedly was going after Stockton record cant see why this not producing wins. Wondering if Boston is a year late of blowing this up....... is the offense to slow for Rondo and not maximizing his potential or has Rondo failed to get better offensively. Rondo hasn't taken his game to the next level when it comes to impact on the court especially when it comes to individual offense. Rondo seems to simultaneously stat stuff his way to relevance and then be alienated to underrated. I like rondo so this is not a bash on him b/c when I look @ the C's struggle he's not biggest problem but he part of it. The reason Im on Rondo b/c this is his team and I thought Doc gave him the Keys and told him :

You got the Juice now
tumblr_lmqjcetP3O1qlqrtuo1_500.gif

Comments

• MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    he is by default he's just not a superstar type player .
  • Sage Wonder
    Sage Wonder Members Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So we are going to act like there isn't 4 other positions in an NBA game to make an offense work? As far as a pure point guard, he's easily top 5. If he had a good jumpshot, he'd be #1 pg. Boston's bench has been underachieving imo.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kyrie Irvign is a beast and his team sucks. Deron Williams been a beast and his team used to, damn, his team STILL sucks. List goes on for PGs.

Fact is Boston is stuck in mud because they cant ask Pierce and KG to just kick rocks, but thats what needs to happen. The quicker those two leave they can start rebuilding. Until then, they'll be too good for a lottery pick, but nowhere near being able to contend. NBA no man's land.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I'd take Paul, Deron, Kyrie, Rose...yeah I guess he is top 5 by default.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    Kyrie Irvign is a beast and his team sucks. Deron Williams been a beast and his team used to, damn, his team STILL sucks. List goes on for PGs.

Fact is Boston is stuck in mud because they cant ask Pierce and KG to just kick rocks, but thats what needs to happen. The quicker those two leave they can start rebuilding. Until then, they'll be too good for a lottery pick, but nowhere near being able to contend. NBA no man's land.

with the nets? word? Anyways, I was very high on this Celtics team at the beginning of the year but saying they've underachieved would be an understatement. I will never understand people who think that one player can make a team successful, basketball is a team sport. Look at the clippers this year, they have the same starters as last year so whats different? Yea they matured but they also have more depth....
  • IamtheVILLE
    IamtheVILLE Members Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hell yeah he top 5. he from the ville. so....yeah.
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    Options
    1. Paul
    2. Rose (100%)
    3. Parker
    4. Rondo
    5. Williams

• DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    From what ive seen the rest of Rondos team is whack.

Put any other pg minus Rose (and maybe Chris Paul) and youll get the same result.
  • Jeremyiahest83
    Jeremyiahest83 Members Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Like Kenny Smith once said "You will always find a great guard on a bad team, You will NEVER find a great big man on abad team.." so there ya go.
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Boston has never been a strong "regular" season team...They do just enough to get by...They usually show up in the playoffs...(see last 3 years)

Doc just want the team to develop chemistry and stay healthy

• af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1.Paul
    2a.Healthy Rose
    2b.Westy
    4.Deron
    5.Rondo
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Like Kenny Smith once said "You will always find a great guard on a bad team, You will NEVER find a great big man on abad team.." so there ya go.

What are The Lakers record?
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rose ain't top anything until he comes back and proves himself.

To answer the question, yes but only by default.
  • Knock_Twice
    edited January 2013
    Options
    When Boston puts things together and they'll do this every so often during the regular season..They are hard to beat...That's the team that shows up in the playoffs...That Christmas game against the Nets was an example of them dudes playing how Doc wants them to play...

I wouldn't worry about them struggling...I know when Game 1 comes in the playoffs..they'll be a different team...doc usually uses this time to find good line-ups..see who plays well with one another...develop his young players and bench...They'll be alright IMO..shid they had the heat on the ropes and the Heat had the number 1 seed last year...The refs saved they ? in GAME 1 and 2...but I wouldn't worry..Rondo is a Top 10 pg...I wouldn't say Top 5....

Put it this way...with Boston struggling 'now'..ask any team that's in the East that's in the playoff hunt if they wanna see Boston in the playoffs
  • Jeremyiahest83
    Jeremyiahest83 Members Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Leave my LAKERS alone yo. & #12 is really good not GREAT, at least not yet. People throw that term around too loosely..
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Boston has never been a strong "regular" season team...They do just enough to get by...They usually show up in the playoffs...(see last 3 years)

they never looked this bad though, well at least since 07 they never looked this bad
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So is it his fault courtney lee and Jason terry have been underwhelming so far, missing open three's and what not....
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ 'only by default'...like the position is lacking

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yea... yall ? disgust me.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Honestly Rondo has to look for his shot more its times he passes up layups for 3 pointers dat are usually misses. Pierce is playin well for his age but he cant carry da team scorin wise solo like he used to in da mid 2000's. Rondo seems scared to get fouled cuz of his poor FT percentage but wit his quickness he could average around 15-20ppg along wit Pierce. they brought in athletic players like Lee nd Green to play to his strength of runnin up da court pushin da pace. instead he seems to content wit walkin da ball up dribblin da air outta da ball til its 10 seconds or less on da shot clock waitin for players to come off screens instead of attacking da basket wit ? . He has it in him to be more aggressive we just dont see it consistently enough
  • Knock_Twice
    edited January 2013
    Options

they never looked this bad though, well at least since 07 they never looked this bad

I think they'll be ok...I think Danny has something up his sleeve come trade time...I can see D.Cousins in green..I think they will push for a big trade to get someone...They have pieces that can be moved to bring in another All-star
  • ShadyWorldOrder
    ShadyWorldOrder Members Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea he Top 5 but he is the blame for the Celtics downfall it like everybody didnt know Pierce KG are getting old so when players get old and decline its up the younger stars to get better. How many PG's in the Top 5 has a losing record in this League. I'll wait.......Rondo game is good but his game is neutral he doing the same ? as last year. No Jumpshot scared to go to the FT line are ppl just looking at stats and not situations in the game. Rondo has the skill to get the basket anytime he wants but chooses not 2
  • Jdilla26
    edited January 2013
    Options
    So we are going to act like there isn't 4 other positions in an NBA game to make an offense work? As far as a pure point guard, he's easily top 5. If he had a good jumpshot, he'd be #1 pg. Boston's bench has been underachieving imo.
    I never said Rondo is fully to blame but he is part of the problem of why they not winning. He hasn't gotten better his shots per game went up a whopping 0.3 the times I watched Rondo pass on so many open shots @ the expense of getting a assist. He has the talent to be more aggressive. I'm not say 20pts a game more like 15-17 Pts C's lost so many games to only a few points. Celtics go as far Rondo takes them if the C's had a winning record he is a MvP candidate so it's only right he deserve some of that blame. And he needs to get better at FT probably the reason he doesn't drive to the hole like he use 2
  • Jdilla26
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    Honestly Rondo has to look for his shot more its times he passes up layups for 3 pointers dat are usually misses. Pierce is playin well for his age but he cant carry da team scorin wise solo like he used to in da mid 2000's. Rondo seems scared to get fouled cuz of his poor FT percentage but wit his quickness he could average around 15-20ppg along wit Pierce. they brought in athletic players like Lee nd Green to play to his strength of runnin up da court pushin da pace. instead he seems to content wit walkin da ball up dribblin da air outta da ball til its 10 seconds or less on da shot clock waitin for players to come off screens instead of attacking da basket wit ? . He has it in him to be more aggressive we just dont see it consistently enough
    This......right here
  • Jdilla26
    Options
    When Boston puts things together and they'll do this every so often during the regular season..They are hard to beat...That's the team that shows up in the playoffs...That Christmas game against the Nets was an example of them dudes playing how Doc wants them to play...

I wouldn't worry about them struggling...I know when Game 1 comes in the playoffs..they'll be a different team...doc usually uses this time to find good line-ups..see who plays well with one another...develop his young players and bench...They'll be alright IMO..shid they had the heat on the ropes and the Heat had the number 1 seed last year...The refs saved they ? in GAME 1 and 2...but I wouldn't worry..Rondo is a Top 10 pg...I wouldn't say Top 5....

Put it this way...with Boston struggling 'now'..ask any team that's in the East that's in the playoff hunt if they wanna see Boston in the playoffs
    The problem is ppl live in the past this team is a year older not better the road is longer and tougher East is better with Knicks Nets Sixers and Bulls Derrick Rose coming back that same magic from last year is hard repeat