The forgotten round of Nas vs. Jay-Z: Blueprint 2 vs. Last Real N*gga Alive

Options
1235»

Comments

• AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also, to get on topic, jay in blueprint 2 admitted defeat, came off as hurt and defensive, while nas on lrna admitted victory and made it sound like it was never a question.

That's why lrna takes it in my opinion
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PK_TK_187 wrote: »
    BP2 was the best song of the beef.
    just heard last real ? alive for the first time today(twice)
    BP2>>>>>>

how you in here alive with that ? ass avi?
  • locksmith1
    locksmith1 Members Posts: 293
    Options
    After jigga decapitated nasir on takeover it was over,he exhumed the body and merked him again on Bp2

Nasir had to write 2 WHOLE songs off 2 verses then wanted white people to help orchestrate a hangin of jigga like a step n fetch tap dancing ?

If u want to hang your opponent on stage(after hot 97 says u won) You lost it and you lost.That's some emotional rosewood ?

Tommy you can't add sense in this thread because most ? will pick Nas all the time. ? will never admit Nas caught feelings over Jay's brutal lines that hit Nas hard. They will bring up when Jay was crying on the radio but Jay didn't shed a tear or act like he had lost the battle. They keep bringing up Ether but Jay deflected that ? with SuperUgly and then they have the nerve to said Jay admit to defeat in Bp2 but Jay never said he lost and continue to stomp Nas with vicious bars. Jay exploited Nas and left him for the people to make a mockery out of ? 's Son. That is truth. Takeover, SuperUgly, and Bp2 are the foundation that started the Nas Lost jokes that spread rampantly in the internet.
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^ ^ ^this ? can't be serious lol

Anyway....how are y'all grown ass men liking a ? sayin "oooh behave" all ? in the hook of bp2? That austin powers ? alone shoulda made jigga warriors ashamed of that song. That ? docked a few points alone.
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? actually changed his voice at that part too and tried to sound it out as ? as he could and y'all ? love that song. Smh

Oh behaaave!!!

Rotflol

? outta here ?
  • redhandedbandit
    redhandedbandit Members Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭
    Options
    funny thing is nas lost is only an internet phenomenon
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall still aint agreed on who is "better" yet? Oh well its only 2013 guess these type of "who won certifications" take time to sort out.
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Because nobody outside the internet thinks Nas still emcee.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ocelot wrote: »

yet he's in the top 5 for rap album sales.
  • Reggie80
    Reggie80 Members Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    locksmith1 wrote: »
    After jigga decapitated nasir on takeover it was over,he exhumed the body and merked him again on Bp2

Nasir had to write 2 WHOLE songs off 2 verses then wanted white people to help orchestrate a hangin of jigga like a step n fetch tap dancing ?

If u want to hang your opponent on stage(after hot 97 says u won) You lost it and you lost.That's some emotional rosewood ?

Tommy you can't add sense in this thread because most ? will pick Nas all the time. ? will never admit Nas caught feelings over Jay's brutal lines that hit Nas hard. They will bring up when Jay was crying on the radio but Jay didn't shed a tear or act like he had lost the battle. They keep bringing up Ether but Jay deflected that ? with SuperUgly and then they have the nerve to said Jay admit to defeat in Bp2 but Jay never said he lost and continue to stomp Nas with vicious bars. Jay exploited Nas and left him for the people to make a mockery out of ? 's Son. That is truth. Takeover, SuperUgly, and Bp2 are the foundation that started the Nas Lost jokes that spread rampantly in the internet.

Since I will not lose, they try to help him cheat-? cause he got roasted
    But I will not lose, for even in defeat-admits he loses
    There's a valuable lesson learned, so it evens it up for me-trying too save face!

You know it's funny any other time it's oh this ? that ? sells more records,the fans count then.
    But when the fans crowned Nas the winner of this battle it don't count the hyprocrisy is ridiculous on both sides.

Before ? be like where is the proof-Just days after Stillmatic's release, Jay-Z put out "Supa Ugly" which Hot 97 radio host Angie Martinez premiered on December 11, 2001, a freestyle over "Got Ur Self A..." and Dr. Dre's song "Bad Intentions." The radio station issued a poll asking listeners which rapper made the better diss song; Nas won with 58% while Jay-Z got 42% of the votes.
  • ocelot
    Options
    Vaas wrote: »

yet he's in the top 5 for rap album sales.

lank.
  • Reggie80
    Options

With "Life is Good," Nas dropped his ninth No. 1 hip-hop album since 1994. Seven of those have gone platinum, which places him second among rappers only to Jay-Z with 11.Yeah I guess not lol man you ? just be saying anything.
  • ocelot
    Options
    Reggie80 wrote: »

With "Life is Good," Nas dropped his ninth No. 1 hip-hop album since 1994. Seven of those have gone platinum, which places him second among rappers only to Jay-Z with 11.Yeah I guess not lol man you ? just be saying anything.

and what's the total sells of Life is Good?
  • Reggie80
    edited January 2013
    Options

I'm not sure like 300 400 thou I believe and your point is? oh I get it discredit a whole ? career because of one or two albums that didn't sell in a climate that no one sells in,besides wayne jay em and ye and drake but ok I got it.

Wait a minute I thought we were discussing the disses stop trying too deflect from the topic.
  • ocelot
    Options

I'm not sure like 300 400 thou I believe and your point is? oh I get it discredit a whole ? career because of one or two albums that didn't sell in a climate that no one sells in,besides wayne jay em and ye and drake but ok I got it.

Wait a minute I thought we were discussing the disses stop trying too deflect from the topic.
    haha so I say Nas is not as poplar outside of the net. You bring up his accolades but want to dismiss that nawse haven't went gold...
    Nas stans...smh
  • Reggie80
    Options

haha so I say Nas is not as poplar outside of the net. You bring up his accolades but want to dismiss that nawse haven't went gold...
    Nas stans...smh
    I'm not a nas stan how many albums are you referring too? Are you saying people don't care now or they never did you never elaborated that's why I put up that stat.But you never said ? about the topic a ? posted some random ? and you ran with it. Jigga Warriors smh.......
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When I bring up Nas

They always reply he fell off since Made U Look
  • almighty breeze
    almighty breeze Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    shareef242 wrote: »
    "Oh well Marquez said he liked Pacquaio's first fight & that he was a fan of some of his fights, so it doesnt matter that Marquez knocked him the ? out, it doesnt count"

This is what ur basically sayin. You think Ether & Last Real ? Alive's a better diss. Cool. But thats recorded audio we can dissect. Bringing up an interview, the look on somones face, who is whos favorite or what flavor of ice cream anything outside of that or after the fact is ? & a distraction.

Jay-Z could have been running in the streets naked after Ether. It is IRRELEVANT. Is this music or E Hollywood?? Just like Marquez can go bat ? crazy & never fight again. It doesnt change what happened in the ring.

Not quite. I agree in essence with what your saying. However that interview was like ? damage post fight. Doesn't always tell the story but it's like Hov was talking at the press conference with a swollen face under his sunglasses addressing how he just got worked over.

it is irrelevant. In no other beef or battle in hip hop history is anything outside the diss & the story behind them toward each rapper brought up. Especially when being used as some sort of nail in the coffin or deciding factor. its ? & takes away from the battle & any meaningful discussion of it. it shows ? was playin favorites
  • almighty breeze
    Options
    mdot wrote: »
    Jay shouldve directed all of Takeover towards Nas. I think he would've had a better case.

Take Over was good though. But his lines about Nas albums were ? to me. It Was Written was great in my opinion and I Am had some great material on there as well.

You could tell Jay admired Nas a lot though.

"Who's the best mc's, jay-z,biggie, and Nas"

Used him for Dead Presidents and Rap Game/? Game.

Prodigy was a bigger threat and more well received than Nas at the time (2000-2001) coming off Murda Muzik & HNIC either way- how is that relevant to what he said about nas. & just like you have your opinion of those albums jay has his. ? ? me. "oh Jay like his music therefore any statement he says about him isnt potent or true" always been a weak case lol. Point of the verse that Nas had fallen way off. He emphasized it in so many ways yet this is the only one brought up...wonder why

So you call dropping one mediocre album falling way off? I am and It Was Written had a lot of quality. Even Nastradamus had gems on it.

It is what it is I just thought it was funny he's going at Nas but he definitely had a bunch of respect and it wasn't just formed off of Nas dropping one album. It means he felt some of his other work too.

? heres what i said
    You have your opinion.
    Jay has his.
    His opinion was that they were due & naaahhh. Yours isnt. He stated his in a diss. You stated yours here. Whats the problem. You saying "it had a lot of quality" proved what. I never said what I thought of either album. Try reading next time.

Your overcompensating trying to prove some irrelevant point no ones making. You wont make a strawman out of me

and how dare Nas stans bring up someone "running with" an idea
    Like they havent used a Jay-Z interview to determine the quality of a song and not the song itself . Anytime this convo comes up all u hear is Nas stans like seagulls repeating about "oh jay-z was on hot 97" or some ? about Jay-Z respecting Nas's music. So what . ? is a non issue. Yet it's 80% of most Nas stans argument on here

Liking someone's music dont mean u cant dissect the flaws in it. Boxers have tons of respect for each it doesnt change anything if yall are goin to battle. Stupid premise

Didn't you say Nas had fallen way off or some thing to that degree I just made a point saying I disagreed with it and why I thought that line wasn't valid in my opinion.

There were some people that took what jay said on that record as truth. I just said I don't agree with it. Maybe you should read? I never said their opinion is wrong it's an opinion.

You somehow caught some feelings and calling me a Stan that's funny. My case for ether was that Nas mad a banger with a dope hook and some foul lyrics aimed at J and Nas came off like a boss. It's all opinions you could like takeover and think its better.

Try not to clump me into a bunch of other people's arguments making their case for Nas.

i only addressed you in the first part of my post everything else was a general statement if you happened to be among the people making the statements i directed mine at then you fall in line and so be it. whatever.

the point of quoting someone is so you can see exactly what was said....

• almighty breeze
    edited January 2013
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »

Yo as a man I

Nas always talked

nas said

one bar nas spit, showing the influence

So this whole time it looks like

as nas would claim.

to me

Its like , you wanna be nas

See the common denominator- if we interviewed or asked every person you had a public dispute with are they gonna say bright, wonderful,and endearing things about you? especially if they are asked at the time of the dispute. Now imagine what someone who doesnt like you at the time will try to mold your image to be for their benefit.

Do you watch live rap battles and go "oh ? , Murda Mook said his pistols as long as shaqs feet, Serius Jones better watch out!"

It nas's job to exaggerate or highlight ? just like it's jays it works both ways, its ours to decide which was most clever and effective. Being fair in your case would mean you take both them ? word for everything on face value or none at all