50 Cent the only Mega star never to sign a hot act?

Options
woah316
woah316 Members Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2013 in The Reason
I was just thinking... This dude has to be the absolute worst at evaluating talent in rap history...

Jay signed Rihana (even if you don't want to give him Kanye, who Dame supposedly found)
Kanye signed Big Sean
Puff signed Biggie
Lil Wayne signed Drake and Nicki
Eminem Signed 50
Dre Signed Eminem
Gucci Signed Flocka
RIck Ross Signed Meek Mill and Wale
T.I. Signed B.O.B, Yung LA and Young Dro
Hell, even Ludacris signed Chingy

Why the ? is this ? 50 so ungodly terrible at finding someone HOT?

First Phase:
=======
Yayo / Banks... Thats crew, won't even count them (not like they were hot anyway.. hot as in sales)
Game was Dr. Dre artist, and we all know how that ended anyway
Buck ... Somebody tell me something special about buck? Tony Yayo went gold off of 50's waning buzz, so Buck going platinum back then doesn't mean ? to me....

Second Phase:
=========

A washed up Mobb Deep
MOP
Olivia
Spider Loc
Paster Mase (a washed up ? who was still under contract)

xxl-g-unit-50-cent.jpg

Third Phase:
========
A Washed up Shawy Lo who's last hits came 8 years ago
Kidd Kidd
DJ Pauly
Paris

I mean, wtf is wrong with this dude?

Worst evaluater of talent in history... It seem like he go to the bottom of the barrel when signing acts, instead of trying to find some fresh, unique, skilled talent....

And no, I don't give a ? .. Was just bored and thought I'd point out how pathetic it was after I saw something about Gunit touring on his site

Comments

• P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Uh....Lloyd Banks, Young Buck, and The Game all went Platinum with they debuts though
  • poindexter2
    poindexter2 Members Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 had three artist under him go platinum or do you mean they didn't turn unto international stars like Rihanna or kanye west?
  • poindexter2
    poindexter2 Members Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    50 had three artist under him go platinum or do you mean they didn't turn unto international stars like Rihanna or kanye west?

nope because the ? got waka flocka listed on there and he damn sure aint no international superstar
  • veikuri
    veikuri Members Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Platinum Plats under the G-Unit roster:
    Lloyd Banks - Hunger For More
    Young Buck - Straight Outta Cashville
    The Game - The Documentary
    Mobb Deep - Blood Money
    Tony Yayo - Thoughts of a Predicate Felon

Outside of Puff, Em, Dre, and Jay. 50 Cent has signed better artist.
  • chi-guy
    chi-guy Members Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Most of the hot artists you mentioned that got signed by other rappers ain't have no where near the achievements of Buck, Game, Banks, and to some degree Yayo included. Clingy, Flocka, Yung LA, Dro ain't touching Banks in nothing that's considered hot

And a supposed washed Mobb Deep when gold with the quickness when the Unit was starting to fall off as a brand
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • qtipp73
    qtipp73 Members Posts: 915 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    qtipp73 wrote: »
    qtipp73 wrote: »
    stupid ? post

^^^Self ether ?
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How can you not count his 3 successful artists?

• tb_
    tb_ Members Posts: 232
    Options
    Stopped reading at flocka
  • woah316
    edited January 2013
    Options

LOL.....

Yall don't get it... 50 could've signed ? Fred Flinstone in 2003 and they woulda went platinum... that don't mean the ARTIST WAS HOT, THAT MEAN'S 50 WAS HOT.... Everybody know this...

And I said SIGN a hot artist... He came up with banks / yayo.... Game was Dr Dre's artist, and didn't even last on Gunit a year... 50 didn't go out and SIGN game... they wanted game to leech off 50's buzz...

Buck.... Also leeched off 50's buzz.... does this mean the ? was a hot artist? Seriously?

I'm talking about an artist with a massive buzz.. A hot artist who has a sustained career and can stand on their own...

BOB stands on his own, not off T.I.'s Buzz
    Nicki / Drake stand on their own, not off wayne's buzz

Keep going down the list....

Any artists 50 "signed" piggy backed off his buzz for a year, then fell off the face of the earth... Even he say in his new song "I don't write they hits, so it's not the same ? "......HE ADMITED the ? piggy backed off him..

50 has never went out, and signed a fresh new, hot artist... Never... Look at the list

• woah316
    Options
    To be fair to 50, we can add: Snoop Dogg, Nelly, and Jeezy to the list.... I can't remember any of them ever having a hot act
  • woah316
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    ? named Big Sean though lolololololol

Sean aint had half the success of Yayo

I really hope you are kidding... I despise big sean and think he's a ? ... but...

"ASS ASS ASS ASS ASSS ASS ASS ASS" >>>>>>>>>>> Yayo' career

Are yall ? ass ? serious right now?
  • woah316
    Options
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MTV's_Annual_Hottest_MC_List

Most all artists I listed as somebody someone else signed, Made MTV's hottest MC's list.

Waka was number 8.... I never seen banks / yayo on the list (and again, them ? CAME IN THE GAME WITH 50, I don't see that as a "signing"...

Game made the list, but he wasn't under Gunit then, and I'll repeat for the 4th time, 50 didn't discover game... Maybe that's how I should put it.. an artist this ? discovered.... Dre discovered Game... Game just leeched off 50's buzz.... That don't mean 50 get credited for having an eye for talent
  • woah316
    edited January 2013
    Options
    BOB, Waka, Big Sean all made hottest MC's in the games list......

/Checkmate
  • kuskklassic
    kuskklassic Members Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    in G-Units prime 03-06, all of them were hot except Yayo who still manage to go Plat and put out "I Dont Love Her" & "So Seductive" moderatly hit singles for that summer.

the MEGA STAR that never signed anybody was LL COOL J !!!!!

LL Cool J never had much of a crew, label, or cosign artist.
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    abn562 wrote: »
    i remember when they would play this on rotation on bet or mtv i forgot which one, but this ? was catchy, they still sold records even though gunit had reached their peak
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3LSxbZB1q8

MOBB MUSIC
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    woah316 wrote: »

LOL.....

Yall don't get it... 50 could've signed ? Fred Flinstone in 2003 and they woulda went platinum... that don't mean the ARTIST WAS HOT, THAT MEAN'S 50 WAS HOT.... Everybody know this...

And I said SIGN a hot artist... He came up with banks / yayo.... Game was Dr Dre's artist, and didn't even last on Gunit a year... 50 didn't go out and SIGN game... they wanted game to leech off 50's buzz...

Buck.... Also leeched off 50's buzz.... does this mean the ? was a hot artist? Seriously?

I'm talking about an artist with a massive buzz.. A hot artist who has a sustained career and can stand on their own...

BOB stands on his own, not off T.I.'s Buzz
    Nicki / Drake stand on their own, not off wayne's buzz

Keep going down the list....

Any artists 50 "signed" piggy backed off his buzz for a year, then fell off the face of the earth... Even he say in his new song "I don't write they hits, so it's not the same ? "......HE ADMITED the ? piggy backed off him..

50 has never went out, and signed a fresh new, hot artist... Never... Look at the list

just own up to it mane ... we all end up having a thread backfire sooner or later lol .... the only argument you could have is that fif never had an artist surpass or match his success ... but in the grand scheme of things even tho they didnt his artist still obtain more success then most artist PAST OR PRESENT especially one that didnt need to really put in any ground work .... you cant fault fif for being so on fire that he could instantly make his artist platinum ....
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BOB, Waka, Big Sean all made hottest MC's in the games list......

/Checkmate

yet only got "hot" b/c the artist who signed them "was hot at the time"....which ironically is the same thing your sayin about 50 wit Banks, Buck, and Yayo

other than B.O.B.....Waka and Sean would be NOWHERE if Gucci and Kanye weren't "hot" in the game

• jayvon32
    jayvon32 Members Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was just thinking... This dude has to be the absolute worst at evaluating talent in rap history...

Jay signed Rihana (even if you don't want to give him Kanye, who Dame supposedly found)
    Kanye signed Big Sean
    Puff signed Biggie
    Lil Wayne signed Drake and Nicki
    Eminem Signed 50
    Dre Signed Eminem
    Gucci Signed Flocka
    RIck Ross Signed Meek Mill and Wale
    T.I. Signed B.O.B, Yung LA and Young Dro
    Hell, even Ludacris signed Chingy

Stop reading after this......

• sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The funny thing this fool failed to realize is majority of the rappers he listed don't even have plaques. next thing you know he'll put game and black wall street as an example lmao...Need to shoot ya self in the damn foot for this.brian-gets-shot-in-the-foot-o.gif
This discussion has been closed.