Eagles to Hire Chip Kelly

Options
lamontbdc
lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2013 in From the Cheap Seats
Oregon coach Chip Kelly will be the new coach of the Philadelphia Eagles, league sources told ESPN.

Kelly re-emerged as a candidate recently and an agreement was just reached Thursday.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8849699/chip-kelly-bolts-oregon-ducks-coach-philadelphia-eagles-sources

Comments

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Beat me to it ? lol...the NFC East just got alot more ? interesting
  • lamontbdc
    Options
    yea....who he brings in to run the defense should be interesting wonder if he's bringing his college crew with him or get some experienced NFL dudes.
  • tha bause
    tha bause Members Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gotta be some sanctions coming to Oregon ? he just went out the back door Saban style
  • lamontbdc
    Options
    tha bause wrote: »
    Gotta be some sanctions coming to Oregon ? he just went out the back door Saban style

yea they are under investigation right now i think something to do with lamicheal james he made that pete carroll move

• MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vick in kelly offense is a scary sight
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This only matters if he brings in a reputable defensive coordinator. All the offense in the world won't fix that ? D.

I never wanted him here, just I thought he was a gimmick coach, but if he keeps Vick, I'd be intrigued.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Reminds me of when we hired Spurrier.
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol the eagles might draft geno smith
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They might aswell keep vick... I dont know about the hire though. I dont know if he'll work in the nfl. His qbs suck to.
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We need to get an ill DC. All this tells me though with this complete 180 is that them NCAA sanctions was about to get in that ass
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think they pulled this move because of the success that college style offenses are having right now. Plus they don't have to get rid of Vick right away with this move. I don't think it's a good one though. NFL teams will figure out all this college stuff soon, and then what do you have.
  • ShencotheMC
    Options
    I think they pulled this move because of the success that college style offenses are having right now. Plus they don't have to get rid of Vick right away with this move. I don't think it's a good one though. NFL teams will figure out all this college stuff soon, and then what do you have.

A broken down Micheal Vick, a QB who looks like Napolean Dynamite, and a prime draft pick to get my cracka
    0106-manziel-launch-wm-2.jpg
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

A broken down Micheal Vick, a QB who looks like Napolean Dynamite, and a prime draft pick to get my cracka
    0106-manziel-launch-wm-2.jpg

lol True. I just hope this will lead to Vick having one last good year before he fades into Bolivion.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I'm sure Shady is somewhere smiling his ass off. I just hope he's also smiling whole doing 350 lb squats, with Bryce Brown doing the same. Niggs goin get put to work next season.

*Imagines Vick, Shady, D. Jackson, and Brown in that pistol offense formation....and grins*
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    Perfect Hire for the eagles Chip kelly never won a Nat'l Ship and eagles never won a SB......It will stay this way

So much logic in this post.

• marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I bet Shady Mccoy is happy with the hire
  • ShencotheMC
    Options
    Perfect Hire for the eagles Chip kelly never won a Nat'l Ship and eagles never won a SB......It will stay this way

The audacity of you two backwater ? jugglers to be talking ? .
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    whats he going to do go get dennis dixon
  • lamontbdc
    Options
    He works his running backs more than his qb so he has time to find a dual threat wb. Shady and Brown will make a nice duo for him Just needs to get a good Defensive mind to help him out.

I think he'll be alright I wonder how his practice methods will work in teh NFL tho That's gonna be huge. B/c he doesn't run any drills or anything Oregon plays a game vs each other for practice then watches the film.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    He works his running backs more than his qb so he has time to find a dual threat wb. Shady and Brown will make a nice duo for him Just needs to get a good Defensive mind to help him out.

I think he'll be alright I wonder how his practice methods will work in teh NFL tho That's gonna be huge. B/c he doesn't run any drills or anything Oregon plays a game vs each other for practice then watches the film.

Im sure he'll change that ? .

Believe it or not, fundamentals are even more important in the NFL, 'cause you're not going to "out talent" anybody.

Gotta focus on the little ? .

Eagles will lead the league in turnovers and penalties if he tries that ? .
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The audacity of you two backwater ? jugglers to be talking ? .

? shut ? up. Obviously my post was sarcastic but your comprehension skills are lacking apparently. Get out of your ? feelings.