"Wait till Lebron gets older and loses his athleticism" can we discuss this dumb logic?

Options
usmarin3
usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
People still out here thinking Lebron still can't shoot. What the ? have ? been watching the last 2-3 years?

Comments

• usmarin3
    Options
    Part time jumper doesn't entail shooting 41 percent from the 3 point line. As for all that other nonsense, i could care less about stats you reeled off from one game. Lets talk about these last 2-3 years, his mid range shot has damn near been automatic. ? out here acting like all he does is dunk when the majority of his shots are 10-15 ft shots.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Part time jumper doesn't entail shooting 41 percent from the 3 point line. As for all that other nonsense, i could care less about stats you reeled off from one game. Lets talk about these last 2-3 years, his mid range shot has damn near been automatic. ? out here acting like all he does is dunk when the majority of his shots are 10-15 ft shots.

thats hilarious..
  • usmarin3
    Options
    Stop talking out your ass playmaker!

lebron_cluster.jpg
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just in case yall don't know. LBJ can't jump like he use to but the size and ability to use that size to get where he wants on court ain't going nowhere.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? got to have something to hang on to since the "King without a Ring" ? went away.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When I see ? trying to discount great players like Bron, Kobe, Jordan, etc, that just let's me know that NONE of you muthafuggas know what you're talmbout and you're just stannin'.

Meanwhile, a nikka like Hasheem Thabeet is stealing paychecks from numerous franchises. foh. lol
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everyone loses athleticism. How you adjust will determine if you're a good player, a great player, or a GOAT level player. You can argue that GOATs like Kobe and Jordan became better players when their athleticism started to wither away. I don't see that happening with Lebron.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everyone loses athleticism. How you adjust will determine if you're a good player, a great player, or a GOAT level player. You can argue that GOATs like Kobe and Jordan became better players when their athleticism started to wither away. I don't see that happening with Lebron.

He's already better than Kobe's ever been.
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Just in case yall don't know. LBJ can't jump like he use to but the size and ability to use that size to get where he wants on court ain't going nowhere.

Yea I've noticed that.. Lbj's dunks aren't that powerful and amazing as they used to be when he was on the cavs, they're jus basic tomahawk dunks now... i can't remember the last time lbj yamed on someone nasty in a heat uniform like used to with the cavs
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Lebron has a part time jumper which has improved over the last couple of years though.
    Snapple fact lebron was 13-13 inside of five feet last night.

4-12 everywhere else.

Oh and peep the finals stats.

oh and be mindful of the shooters on deck and the general space he has.

In before the flames

Oh and every player loses athleticism and has to adjust.. that logical.

Seacrest out.

He had a bad shooting night last night on a back to back . but shooting 41% from 3 pt is nice and he's jump shot overall has improved.
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There where always basic ass dunks, wtf are yall talking about didnt he catch a oop over a grownass man last year

i think people cant wait for lebron to decline for some reason, dunno why this thread was even made, he still ? on any current nba player, the most gifted player the nba has ever seen
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blu197 wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »

Yea I've noticed that.. Lbj's dunks aren't that powerful and amazing as they used to be when he was on the cavs, they're jus basic tomahawk dunks now... i can't remember the last time lbj yamed on someone nasty in a heat uniform like used to with the cavs

1. his dunks seem to be just as good to me as theyve always been. im not seeing a fall off at all yet.

2. pretty much every dunk he's ever done was basic tomahawks, lol. he's always been more of a power dunker. thats why he dont do the dunk contests

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    His dunks is still powerful.

He just don't get as high. That's all I said. Yall looked to much into that one line.

And you will rarely see him yam on somebody cuz ? get out his way.

Oh yea

LBJ > Kobe
  • playmaker88
    Options
    Lebron has a part time jumper which has improved over the last couple of years though.
    Snapple fact lebron was 13-13 inside of five feet last night.

4-12 everywhere else.

Oh and peep the finals stats.

oh and be mindful of the shooters on deck and the general space he has.

In before the flames

Oh and every player loses athleticism and has to adjust.. that logical.

Seacrest out.

He had a bad shooting night last night on a back to back . but shooting 41% from 3 pt is nice and he's jump shot overall has improved.

never said it didnt homie said it like it was water though
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    rage wrote: »

Hell yeah I seen that ? have a 82 point game ? was crazy!!!

imager.php?id=175895&t=o GIFSoup[/img]

And? That supposed to impress anybody? Try the first to 20,000 points a year younger than Kobe and in far fewer games. Infact Kobe has taken longer than anybody to reach 20,000 points.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL at the 82 Pt game as a weapon for argument's sake. I remember a Kobe fanboy back at my college once had the nerve to say to me "But MJ never had an 82 Point game"
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    How bout he's not jumping as high because he went from 240 to 265? Dude transformed his body to become stronger in the paint and absorb contact. Jordan and Pippen did the same ? when the Pistons were bullyin em.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    There where always basic ass dunks, wtf are yall talking about didnt he catch a oop over a grownass man last year

i think people cant wait for lebron to decline for some reason, dunno why this thread was even made, he still ? on any current nba player, the most gifted player the nba has ever seen

exactly there waiting for him to fall us but he hasn't reached his peak yet and we wont see that for another 3-4 years
  • playmaker88
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »

NO.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

And? That supposed to impress anybody? Try the first to 20,000 points a year younger than Kobe and in far fewer games. Infact Kobe has taken longer than anybody to reach 20,000 points.

But what does that mean though? It's not like everyone comes into the league at the same age with the same situations. Kobe came into the league with a Prime Shaq on his team who was the #1 option. Lebron came into the league where he had to be #1 option right away, which would mean he got to score more early on. Kobe virtually rode the bench his first 2 years. 20K is impressive idc who does it. I'm starting to agree with Van Gundy. It's a nice stat but what does it really mean.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

by this logic Gilbert arenas is better than lebron because he scored more points in a game then lebron ever has