The OTTB Wrestling News thread

Options

Comments

• king mocha
    king mocha Members Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Chris Jericho has signed a new short-term deal with WWE and will be working for the company full-time through WrestleMania 29.

WWE has already released a new Chris Jericho shirt and have also put a video online with he and Dolph Ziggler going back and forth.
  • king mocha
    Options

WWE and Brock Lesnar have come to terms for a new two year deal.

Lesnar will now be with the company through WrestleMania 31.
  • king mocha
    Options
    During The Shield's run-in to attack The Rock in the WWE Title match, Shield entered from under the ring after the lights went out, attacked The Rock and then left under the ring.

-- Darren Young appeared to suffer an injury when he was eliminated during the Royal Rumble. Officials put up the "X sign" and the camera quickly panned away from him after his elimination.
  • king mocha
    Options
    Goldust posted the following on Twitter, following the Rumble PPV…

"He got a little taste of what his big brother can do. I promise you it's not over between us."

-- A Kaitlyn vs. Tamina Snuka match scheduled for the Royal Rumble was cancelled due to lack of time.

Once everything was timed out, the call was made to drop the match.
  • king mocha
    edited January 2013
    Options
    WWE has posted a video of Alberto Del Rio celebrating with his father, Dos Caras, backstage at the Royal Rumble after his successful title defense against The Big Show.

-- Ricardo Rodriguez posted the following on Twitter after the PPV last night…

"Getting Those awesome glasses from Mr. Hart, Alberto Del Rio retaining the WHC, and good ol' Duct Tape. Tonight was a great night! #SiSiSi"
  • king mocha
    Options
    Tammy "Sunny" Sytch is scheduled to appear in court today in New Haven, CT after being arrested for the sixth time over the last year on Friday evening. She was arrested over the weekend for violating an order of protection independent wrestler Damien Darling took out after their first domestic issues led to her initial arrest. Darling and Sytch have publicly stated on their Facebook pages that they are now engaged

Sytch's attorney, Rob Serafinowicz stated that, "Sytch had permission from the court" to have discussions with Darling, due to the fact that they were trying to repair their relationship. Serafinowicz claimed that Sytch was called over by Darling to meet with him, but that Darling called the police following an argument.

Serafinowicz also claims that Sytch had suffered two broken ribs and substantial bruising by the time she had "left the scene," but did not make any explanation for how the injuries occurred. Sytch filed an assault complaint with the Brantford, CT police department.
  • king mocha
    Options
    There has been a lot of speculation on Chris Jericho's WrestleMania opponent following his return to WWE last night at the Royal Rumble.

Word is that Jericho may feud with Dolph Ziggler up to the Elimination Chamber pay-per-view, and then turn heel. Once Jericho turns heel, he may feud with Ryback, which will include a WrestleMania match.

Keep in mind this is only a RUMOR for now and should be taken with a grain of salt. More as we get it.
  • king mocha
    Options
    This week on WWE Monday night RAW, it was announced that new WWE Champion The Rock will defend his title against CM Punk at the Elimination Chamber PPV in New Orleans.

The company also ran an angle with The Shield against Sheamus, John Cena and Ryback that could culminate in some sort of match at the event.
  • king mocha
    Options
    WWE.com has released a video of Vince McMahon being stretchered out of the ring after being F5-ed by Brock Lesnar on RAW. The site also reports McMahon has a "broken pelvis" as a result of Lesnar's attack.
  • king mocha
    Options
    Booker T is set to make a major announcement on SmackDown this week about the future of Alberto Del Rio’s World Title. Dolph Ziggler teased “unifying” the WWE and World title at WrestleMania during the Royal Rumble pay-per-view. No word on if that has anything to do with Booker T’s announcement.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    king mocha wrote: »
    Booker T is set to make a major announcement on SmackDown this week about the future of Alberto Del Rio’s World Title. Dolph Ziggler teased “unifying” the WWE and World title at WrestleMania during the Royal Rumble pay-per-view. No word on if that has anything to do with Booker T’s announcement.

I was thinking this, that he gets his WHC shot and wins, goes on to WM29 and cashes in on Cena after his match w Rock and has both belts, then unifies them to debut the new belt.

• BK Product
    BK Product Members Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    didnt Cena win the breifcase for the spinner belt and Zigs won for the WHC???
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    oh ? swagger back!

and he trying to get in the chamber match for the title?

? they got khali in it...
    http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/LIVE_SPOILERS_FOR_THIS_WEEK_S_WWE_SMACKDOWN_2_1_13.html
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ion wish injuries on anybody, but some how some way khali need to not be in that match
  • king mocha
    Options
    LAS VEGAS — WWE.com sources now indicate that Mr. McMahon suffered a broken left hip as the result of Brock Lesnar's surprise attack at the conclusion of Monday night's Raw and will have to undergo surgery as a result.

After revealing some damning evidence that exhibited Paul Heyman's connection to both Brad Maddox and The Shield, the WWE Chairman had made up his mind to fire Heyman in front of the entire WWE Universe. But just as Mr. McMahon was about to send Heyman packing with two notorious words, Brock's music reverberated throughout the arena and the hulking behemoth laid out Mr. McMahon with a crushing F-5, which appears to have inflicted serious injury on the WWE Chairman.

It remains to be seen why Brock has returned to WWE after a five-month absence to target Mr. McMahon or what role, if any, Heyman had in such a vicious assault.

• VIBE
    Options
    On Tuesday, WWE added Brock Lesnar to the TV taping rosters for four Raw episodes leading to WrestleMania. Included is next Monday's Raw from Atlanta.

This is subject to change, but Lesnar and The Rock are not scheduled for TV tapings on the same day until the final Raw before WrestleMania.

Lesnar's Road to WrestleMania Schedule

-- February 4: Atlanta, Ga. (Rock not advertised)

-- February 25: Dallas, Tex. (Rock not advertised)

-- March 11: Indianapolis, Ind. (Rock not advertised)

-- April 1: Raw in Washington, D.C. (Rock also advertised)
  • VIBE
    Options
    That's the kind of ? I don't like.

This is the road to WM, how are you going to have your two biggest stars not appear every week?

Especially Rocky, the NEW WWE champion?

Rock has too much control, if he's planned to be the champion, then why the ? is he not there? You can't have him gone a couple weeks and there a couple of weeks.

If this comes out true, then what a horrible schedule we have for the RTWM.
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just read some ? that said the hold up with taker and WM 29 is that he wants punk to end the steak and then retire but wwe officials ain't with it. I can't post it from my phone though
  • VIBE
    Options
    peagle05 wrote: »
    I just read some ? that said the hold up with taker and WM 29 is that he wants punk to end the steak and then retire but wwe officials ain't with it. I can't post it from my phone though

TBH, I want this ? to happen, just so it ? people off.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    peagle05 wrote: »

TBH, I want this ? to happen, just so it ? people off.

punk will have a lotta heat from it, even i dont think id like it, but when u really think, who better on the current roster to retire him
  • king mocha
    Options
    During a recent radio appearance, Dolph Ziggler discussed the Rock's return and how it may benefit him. Here is what he had to say…

"He is back to bring more eyes to WWE than maybe wouldn't have been on them. The whole thing is to get a new audience to cross over and enjoy our show. In the long run, him being in that spot and coming back and giving back to WWE will bring - hopefully - lots of eyes who normally wouldn't see it.

They go, 'Hey, I'm going to watch WrestleMania for The Rock. Oh, Dolph Ziggler stole the show. I'm going to watch next Monday when Rock isn't around.'

"We used to be like, 'Oh, he's in a couple of movies, he's coming back.' But, he's a huge star. It's great for WWE and just another feather in his cap for him."
  • king mocha
    Options
    As previously reported, Dixie Carter posted to Twitter promising a "major announcement" on Thursday's episode of iMPACT!. The announcement will reportedly be TNA taking iMPACT! on the road this year.

Whether the promotion will still occasionally return to the Impact Zone is unknown as of this writing. The plan is for the company to hold a live episode of iMPACT! and tape the following week's show right afterward, similar to how WWE did things in the early days of RAW.
  • king mocha
    Options
    When WWE decided to cancel the Intercontinental Cup tournament less than a day after it was promoted on RAW, it was reportedly just the latest example of the booking team changing things up on the fly. This has been happening at ridiculous rates in recent months. At the Royal Rumble pay-per-view, they contacted numerous names, flew them in and when they arrived backstage at the show they were told they weren't going to be used. The decision was made so that Wade Barrett could continue his feud with Bo Dallas.
  • king mocha
    Options
    Source: The Wrestling Observer

Vince McMahon's hip problems are said to be legitimate. WWE had Brock Lesnar F5 McMahon at the end of RAW and then ran with the storyline that the chairman suffered a broken pelvis. The storyline was so that Vince could be written off of TV and get the surgery that he needs.

The change also allows Triple H to return as McMahon's replacement, which can then kickstart his renewed feud with Brock Lesnar leading into WrestleMania 29.
  • king mocha
    Options
    that sneaky ass vinnie mac. reminds me of the limo blowing up storyline. had people believing that had really happened