Why do blacks make the best basketball players, but the coach is always white?

Options
2»

Comments

• DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    perceptions.......

Exactly, same reason why a white running back was thinking he was gonna have problems in the NFL draft.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Exactly, same reason why a white running back was thinking he was gonna have problems in the NFL draft.

Due to the pigeonholing by the GMs and owners in the league....... Damn negroes.....
  • radaman
    radaman Members Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Coaches are overrated. Nick Saban - good recruiting = washed up coach

Its all about recruiting. Thats the most important part about being a coach.

Coaches that can spot talent are the smart coaches. Anyone can call plays.

Dog, are you serious?
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited April 2010
    Options
    White kid spends more time on the bench, black kids get to play. Therfore the white man learns the game better and the black kid becomes the better player. The white kid gets to observe the game and see things from the sideline on the bench that the players dont, thats why they grow up to be coaches.

Kevin Ollie though will be the GOAT coach when he decides to leave his throne and mingle with the walking man. ? seen everything needed to become the best coach ever. AND HES BLACK!!! Its a win win
  • clepton
    clepton Members Posts: 114
    edited April 2010
    Options
    White kid spends more time on the bench, black kids get to play. Therfore the white man learns the game better and the black kid becomes the better player. The white kid gets to observe the game and see things from the sideline on the bench that the players dont, thats why they grow up to be coaches.

Kevin Ollie though will be the GOAT coach when he decides to leave his throne and mingle with the walking man. ? seen everything needed to become the best coach ever. AND HES BLACK!!! Its a win win

Its just that coaches are usually people who are able to utilize potential best, since they visualize things without above average athleticism. If a super athletic player becomes a coach, he's not gonna understand why a certain player can't jump so high or beat a man off the dribble because those are things that came easy to him.
  • trACE_evidence
    trACE_evidence Members Posts: 994 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    clepton wrote: »
    Its just that coaches are usually people who are able to utilize potential best, since they visualize things without above average athleticism. If a super athletic player becomes a coach, he's not gonna understand why a certain player can't jump so high or beat a man off the dribble because those are things that came easy to him.

this is some ? right here....
  • d-weezy
    d-weezy Members Posts: 82
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Blacks are the bigger, stronger, faster athlete. They get by moreso on being a better physical being while the white man has to be a better thinker to compensate, thus once they are older they have a better grasp on the mental aspect of the game.
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    radaman wrote: »
    Dog, are you serious?

Anyone can win with talent. You cant win in the SEC without talent. Thats why they crush anyone they play.
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    clepton wrote: »

Not ? , this is true. You can't help someone develop if you never had to develop because everything came easy to you. You can't relate to them, and help them move past what's holding them back. And aren't there a pretty good number of black coaches in the NBA? I like seein black people doin good, but damn...we don't gotta run everything. I don't follow how many black coaches there are in the league, so if the numbers droppin fast I can see reason for concern. But if it's stayin the same or rising, what's the problem?
  • radaman
    radaman Members Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Anyone can win with talent. You cant win in the SEC without talent. Thats why they crush anyone they play.

To say he's not a good coach is false. The ? has both aspects down pat(recruiting/coaching). I'll tell you the reason why, the first year Saban came to UA, we had INFERIOR talent and went 7-6. We had the chance to win every single game. Matter fact, we didn't lose a game by more than 6 points I think. Saban gets the most out of his players whether they're a 2 star or 5 star recruit, not every coach has that ability.

There are plenty of coaches that get great talent that don't know how to coach it properly, don't know how to maximize what they have, Saban is not one of these guys, he was a bad example to use...
  • independentsoundlab
    independentsoundlab Members Posts: 351
    edited April 2010
    Options
    cuz they cant coach for ? .. last one to win a championship was Doc.. but that was cuz he had an all-star team full of veterans.. players teach the players.. coaches suggest plays.. that is all.. look at Cleveland.. you telling me if dude were coaching the nets they would make champions there?????????? or even make the playoffs??
  • playmaker88
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I havent read through this thread.. im sure its alot of ? coming from both sides though... black coaches dont get the same TLC and time that white coaches.. In NCAA you have a certain theme of black coaches.. usually stoic.. strict letter to the law dudes.. when was the last time you seen a NCAA FB black coach with a personality.. they know that the leash is short.. so individuality and freedom is at a minimum.. because in most cases they dont want them anyway.. its for appearances. word to Notre Dame..
  • ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I havent read through this thread.. im sure its alot of ? coming from both sides though... black coaches dont get the same TLC and time that white coaches.. In NCAA you have a certain theme of black coaches.. usually stoic.. strict letter to the law dudes.. when was the last time you seen a NCAA FB black coach with a personality.. they know that the leash is short.. so individuality and freedom is at a minimum.. because in most cases they dont want them anyway.. its for appearances. word to Notre Dame..

c/s.....

I read through the thread and most of the post is some bs. The idea that black coaches arent as smart and cant coach is just dumb. Most of the reason why we dont see as many black coaches has a lot to do with that "good ole boy" ? . Thats why you see white coaches continue to get jobs after they been fired from program to program. ? even happens in the pro's.
  • playmaker88
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ya boi g wrote: »
    c/s.....

I read through the thread and most of the post is some bs. The idea that black coaches arent as smart and cant coach is just dumb. Most of the reason why we dont see as many black coaches has a lot to do with that "good ole boy" ? . Thats why you see white coaches continue to get jobs after they been fired from program to program. ? even happens in the pro's.

Yup.. it psychological.. even black players feel some black coaches are inadequate or dont give them the same respect.. I been sittin on this thread for a minute.. non sports related but is relateable to this circumstance though
  • allreasoned_out
    allreasoned_out Members Posts: 2,696 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The responses to this thread are disturbing, and from self-described "black" people no less.
    ya boi g wrote: »
    c/s.....

C/S.
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    oh yeah,
    i forgot to add

that leadership positions in big time sports are still plagued by the "good ole boy's club" syndrome

and yess

Cosign!

LoL @ da CB4 drop.

And I was seriously LMAO @ AllReasonedOut not understanding and sounding mad about it.