New York Hip-Hop Heads. How Does This Make You Feel?

Options

Comments

• Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    These new school ? suck too freddie gibbs,asap rocky,joey badass,french montana etc all them ? wacc.Asap rocky be rockin nightgowns and juelz proudly wears womens clothing

Once fif fell off it was a wrap.Fabulous lame ass let ray j give him a pumpkin head deluxe and jadakiss is trash now this city been takin mean L's on and off wax in hip hop
  • 2 Drawlz
    2 Drawlz Members Posts: 777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    asap-rocky-french-montana-xxl-cover.jpg?fit=507%2C9999

dope ass cover
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These new school ? suck too freddie gibbs,asap rocky,joey badass,french montana etc all them ? wacc.Asap rocky be rockin nightgowns and juelz proudly wears womens clothing

Once fif fell off it was a wrap.Fabulous lame ass let ray j give him a pumpkin head deluxe and jadakiss is trash now this city been takin mean L's on and off wax in hip hop

what does freddie gibbs have to do with ny?
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How are NYer's supposed to sound?
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's a part of the problem, NY doesn't have a sound and ? neeed to stop trying to rehash outdated boom bap. With that said, it's pretty obvious Asap and French are dickriding the south. It's not some i grew up listening to southern rappers ? either, because Asap has said he grew up on Biggie, Jay, etc too.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »

That's a part of the problem, NY doesn't have a sound and ? neeed to stop trying to rehash outdated boom bap. With that said, it's pretty obvious Asap and French are dickriding the south. It's not some i grew up listening to southern rappers ? either, because Asap has said he grew up on Biggie, Jay, etc too.

It ain't even just the sound though. Asap dickriding the whole style. It's one thing if you listening to music and it shows in your own music, but this dude's whole style is borrowed from other regions of the country. How does that even happen?
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

most people in my generation DID grow up on the South AND West AND MIdwest etc. IDK why that so hard to believe. NY has a sound (multiple actually) its just not mainstream. I also its funny that no one criticizes a LA rapper for not rapping of George Clinton samples or a southern rapper for not rapping over Miami bass tracks.
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What is people's infatuation with NY? I never hear people say Detroit, Chicago, VA, etc. fell off. Is it a "little brother" syndrome, where people are glad to see the giant fall? Granted, some of us have our heads up our ? , but no other state is nitpicked as much as NY. Not complaining, I sincerely wanna know.

And French is ass.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dipset is a ? now?

I didn't feel like typing Juelz and Cam. lol
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I feel u its a same seeing Santana waiting for Wayne like a fatherless child looking out the window waiting for his pops to come back ...knowing damn well Wayne ripped his whole swag off....instead of executive producing his ? ..Juelz should have been dropped a diss track
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Am I the only one that, although French wack as ? lyrically....still find his ? entertaining and catchy?

Yea... dont answer that...lol

But I been listening to French for near on 7 - 8 years....he got a lil buzz right now...but he aint never been anything different...? expecting rappers to be something thay never ever portrayed themselves to be. Same wid Drake and the singing ? ...? complain....but he always been on that ? ...? yall expect?...lol

Anyway, I dissed this ? when I first heard it...but this hook been going thru my head all day...

"I don't give a ? what you say about me..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxxcCdyn0uI

^^Pusha smashes that ? ...
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    What is people's infatuation with NY? I never hear people say Detroit, Chicago, VA, etc. fell off. Is it a "little brother" syndrome, where people are glad to see the giant fall? Granted, some of us have our heads up our ? , but no other state is nitpicked as much as NY. Not complaining, I sincerely wanna know.

And French is ass.

Been said it for the longest, the south has the biggest inferiority complex. Ironic thing is, it's biggest star (Wayne) blatantly bit two NY ? (Jay and Dipset) to get his style.

Well to be fair, most people with any sense know Wayne was tighter before he did that. So biting NY ? made him a more successful artist but a weaker rapper.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    joe wayne dropped maybe the worst cd of the past decade before he switched his style up

that 500 degreez album is one of the worst albums of all time

block is hot was nice and so was lights out
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Doesn't change the fact he was better before he reinvented himself.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Feeling French all over this to....its like he the "go to " guy for a hook..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fRzXdGDjuU

? what y'all say...bumping this ? ..
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't see ASAP Rocky as somebody dickriding the South because him and his crew came in sounding the way they do. French Montana on the other hand was all Harry Fraud and Dame Grease for like 5-6 mixtapes straight and now everything he drops is a bite off the South
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    I don't see ASAP Rocky as somebody dickriding the South because him and his crew came in sounding the way they do. French Montana on the other hand was all Harry Fraud and Dame Grease for like 5-6 mixtapes straight and now everything he drops is a bite off the South

What ASAP has said himself on more than one occasion that his style is heavily influenced by Houston. Just because he was doing that since the very beginning doesn't change the fact that he does that.
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What ASAP has said himself on more than one occasion that his style is heavily influenced by Houston. Just because he was doing that since the very beginning doesn't change the fact that he does that.

Everybody's style is influenced by something though. How can ya'll praise folks like J Cole for being from the South and having an NY influence, but have a problem with a rapper from NY having a Southern influence?

I think the difference is that Cole still maintains his southern accent (NC ain't that southern btw) and pretty carries his state on his back. Every other line is the Ville this and Fayettnam that. ASAP has barely any NY influences or references in his music. For some people it's like a spit in the face of NY. Me, I could give a ? .
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't really have a problem with A$AP, musically, in fact I bought his album first week it came out..

French Montana is wack as ? though.. dude is trash..
  • DJ Pauls Arm
    DJ Pauls Arm Members Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NY rap = NyQuil
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Lab Baby wrote: »

Everybody's style is influenced by something though. How can ya'll praise folks like J Cole for being from the South and having an NY influence, but have a problem with a rapper from NY having a Southern influence?

I think the difference is that Cole still maintains his southern accent (NC ain't that southern btw) and pretty carries his state on his back. Every other line is the Ville this and Fayettnam that. ASAP has barely any NY influences or references in his music. For some people it's like a spit in the face of NY. Me, I could give a ? .

I mean like somebody else said, it ain't like he hopped on the new Southern sound like everybody is. Them ASAP ? sound like early 3-6, Tommy Wright, and Gangsta Pat. I don't even know where ya'll got it that his sound is Houston based. That boy sound straight out of the early 90s Memphis scene