Did Jadakiss blatently bite Ras Kass?

Options
Reggie80
Reggie80 Members Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
This Ras Kass song came out in 06
http://youtu.be/E3ZFCdFrdEE

Coincidently Jadakiss song came out in 09
http://youtu.be/L6mKUNs1Y3Y

This isn't first time they had issues Alchemist sold Ras beat behind his back too kiss for We Gon Make it
http://youtu.be/oJ0gC8hs0jE
Ras Kass Home Sweet Home
Kiss
http://youtu.be/hCCEQf0SL0U

Comments

• Reggie80
    Options
    ? sound like he did too me but anyway as far as lyrics go Ras Kass>>Jada
  • freethewave
    freethewave Members Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol yeah sounds like.also didnt alchemist bump r.a rugged man for a beat to royce.
  • PiffyHaze
    PiffyHaze Members Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jadakiss song sound more like Why.

• vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hell naw he didnt bite his ? .....someone did a what if song way before jadakiss and ras kass.....we gone make it beat was actually used as a single for jadakiss alchemist did right by giving it to jada dont nobody want to bite off ras kass lol
  • Reggie80
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Hell naw he didnt bite his ? .....someone did a what if song way before jadakiss and ras kass.....we gone make it beat was actually used as a single for jadakiss alchemist did right by giving it to jada dont nobody want to bite off ras kass lol

Who? and this wouldn't be the first time Jada been accused of the Mike Tyson syndrome

“The 2004 hit “why” was stolen from a new york rapper who was born in harlem and grew up in chelsea projects neighbor to whoopi goldberg,calvin simms a.k.a. “lil man”, and the wayans.The rapper owns a new york based company named shelltown records located in mount vernon, n.y. weschester county.Under the guidance of ruff ryder manager ray copeland and hype williams attorney Bradley Schnur the artist recorded music to ruff ryder producer dame grease’s music and another mount vernon producer splash’s music to present to ruff ryders ,b.ar. entertainment,erving wonder management(julius erving III, and troy carter),bloodline records,interscope records,universal music,and bad boy records.The artist johnnie simmons and co-writer darryle oldham who was signed to blackstreet’s chauncey black and sang the hook on the song also wrote a video treatment for a march with Al Sharpton with signs,T-shirts(white with black letters,old pictures of B.i.G.,etc.and the song “Thugz Prayer’ speaking on the social issues society deals with.They said they weren’t looking for anything like it and came out with the exact lyrics and did the same march…”

Johnnie Simmons is the artist who claims that he co-wrote the song along with songwriter Darryle Oldham. According to him, Jadakiss’ camp basically took the song and said they weren’t looking for that sound, and then came out with “Why?” Simmons also claims that once he tried to get in touch with these major companies he was given the cold shoulder.
  • soulbrother
    soulbrother Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So we gonna crucify Jadakiss...but give Jay Z a pass...for BITING?...smh
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So we gonna crucify Jadakiss...but give Jay Z a pass...for BITING?...smh

Actually its the other way around... Since BIG died all we do is crucify Jay for biting but we don't talk about other ? who do it and get away with it... Good drop OP.
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    al be having them bangers tho .. i can see jada talkin his head off like yo let me get that beat son ras aint gonna do ish with it ... I NEED THAT ... I GOT THIS CHEESEBURGER MAN LOL !!!!!
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    raekwon stole ras kass album/mixtape title 'fila' thats not cool, expect more from rae, cant believe he doesnt know about kazzinos title...
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reggie80 wrote: »

Who? and this wouldn't be the first time Jada been accused of the Mike Tyson syndrome

“The 2004 hit “why” was stolen from a new york rapper who was born in harlem and grew up in chelsea projects neighbor to whoopi goldberg,calvin simms a.k.a. “lil man”, and the wayans.The rapper owns a new york based company named shelltown records located in mount vernon, n.y. weschester county.Under the guidance of ruff ryder manager ray copeland and hype williams attorney Bradley Schnur the artist recorded music to ruff ryder producer dame grease’s music and another mount vernon producer splash’s music to present to ruff ryders ,b.ar. entertainment,erving wonder management(julius erving III, and troy carter),bloodline records,interscope records,universal music,and bad boy records.The artist johnnie simmons and co-writer darryle oldham who was signed to blackstreet’s chauncey black and sang the hook on the song also wrote a video treatment for a march with Al Sharpton with signs,T-shirts(white with black letters,old pictures of B.i.G.,etc.and the song “Thugz Prayer’ speaking on the social issues society deals with.They said they weren’t looking for anything like it and came out with the exact lyrics and did the same march…”

Johnnie Simmons is the artist who claims that he co-wrote the song along with songwriter Darryle Oldham. According to him, Jadakiss’ camp basically took the song and said they weren’t looking for that sound, and then came out with “Why?” Simmons also claims that once he tried to get in touch with these major companies he was given the cold shoulder.

Fredo starr did it before them ? and aint no ? made a thread about it or complained about it ? aint thread worthy bruh
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcnrE8ocjZ0
    you know how many no name ? claim a well known rapper stole their song and made it popular? and they aint get paid for ? not saying jada did this but cutthoart is part of the business
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "no ideas original... there's nothing new under the sun"... Nas and a bunch of other cats before him...
    these concepts are not new or ground breaking in any fashion...
  • tb_
    tb_ Members Posts: 232
    Options
    im gonna start a thread called "DidReggie80 blatantly bite Andrew Bynum's hairstyle"
    andrew-bynum-hair-courtesy-of-bleacherreport.jpg
  • Reggie80
    Options
    tb_ wrote: »
    im gonna start a thread called "DidReggie80 blatantly bite Andrew Bynum's hairstyle"
    andrew-bynum-hair-courtesy-of-bleacherreport.jpg

Or did he bite mine that pic from 01 but I'm so confused why you ? is so fascinated by it but I forgot this the board that's always concerned about what ? is wearing like beauty shop ? anyway so not surprised.
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't explain the "What If" joint, but the We Gon Make It joint is just another case of two rappers getting the same beat. Jada ain't that great of a songwriter anyway, so I wouldn't put it past him if some of his biggest hits were stolen/borrowed ideas.
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All these "what if" songs that refer to social issues and leave it to the listener to contemplate the alternate scenario presented by the artist are all just renditions of John Lennon's 'Imagine'. I can't think of a song that used that concept before him.

Nas - If I Ruled the World
    Fredro Starr - What If
    Jadakiss - Why
    Jadakiss - What If
    Ras Kass - What If
    Canibus & Wyclef Jean - How Come

These are all basically the same song.

If anything, Jadakiss should be called out for being lazy and uncreative. He had a hit with Why and then Why Remix, so he does the same concept again for his next album? Nas too. He already did 'If I Ruled the World', then was on 'Why Remix', then was on 'What If' again as a feature with the same artist? That's three times Nas has laid verses for this type of song.
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kiss is a basic simple rapper but it is effective
  • TruthDotCom
    TruthDotCom Members Posts: 3
    Options
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    "no ideas original... there's nothing new under the sun"... Nas and a bunch of other cats before him...
    these concepts are not new or ground breaking in any fashion...

Exactly. Plus Jada went plat off of "Why", so he tried to something similar with Nas on the next album to boost his sells.

• Do Dirty
    Do Dirty Members Posts: 2
    Options
    So this is basically the same song too right? <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vrTG8r-LGVA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  • Do Dirty
    Do Dirty Members Posts: 2
    Options
    So this is basically the same song too right? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrTG8r-LGVA
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ras let us all down. Biggest drip off ever after Soul on Ice. No debate.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Alchemist must have heard the final product and was like hell na I aint gone let you squander this beat. That we gone make it beat is prolly top 5 beats of the last decade and beyond. And i'm not engaging in hyperbole.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jada's song is a classic record, Ras Kas is forgettable imo.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Alchemist sold the beat to Ras Kass.

He then sold the beat to jada, sometime later.

This started a beef between Alchemist and Ras Kass, i think it was squashed though.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    It matters more if the style u bit is better then yours!
    Rass Kass tracks were kinda boring it be different if he was the doper then Kiss in those tracks..