If BIG was still alive....do u think him & JAY-Z would still be down with each other?

Options
lethal5
lethal5 Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
Lets face it, Rap ? have a loooooooooong history of turning on each other (Epmd, Eric b & Rakim, BDP, LONS, Cube & NWA, Wu-tang, Big & Pac, etc etc etc).

I think if BIG was still King of NY, it would only be a matter of time b4 Jay (being the competitive dude he is), sent a slick lil subliminal BIG's way. BIG would send one back.....and b4 u know it, an all out lyrical war would break out between them.

Thats just my opinion..............What y'all think?

Comments

• CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Doubt it, we know jays track record
  • lethal5
    lethal5 Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CJ wrote: »
    Doubt it, we know jays track record

Exactly. Everyone acts like BIG would be runnin ? & Jay would would respectfully play his position.

I'm damn sure them ? woulda been squabblin' by now.

• _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I think NaS and Big would've actually had beef instead or Jay an Nas...

all those subliminals NaS and Big took at each other was just a matter of time till those subliminals turned to names
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If IF was a 5th, we would all be duckedup.
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • phrostface
    phrostface Members Posts: 136
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Glad someone finally made this thread. Walk with me for a moment...

A while back, Marvel Comics created this parallel universe called the "Age of Apocalypse" where Professor X died before creating the X-Men and the mutant Apocalypse took over the world. Perhaps the most ironic twist in this alternate universe was that, Magneto--whom was still alive--ended up adopting Professor X's ideals and put together a collective of mutants to try to fight Apocalypse.

Not to say we're living in a parallel universe where Big wasn't supposed to die, but I oftentimes wonder had he lived, would their careers/relationship played out like the modern day Marvel comics that we know--where Professor X and Magneto fight against one another. Only now, Jig ended up adopting Big's role as KONY whereas if Big were alive, he would have played the primary nemesis. Not to be corny, but Jig did somewhat allude to this on "City is Mine" where he said, "you held it down long enough, lemme take those reigns."

In other words, I think Big and Jig most definitely would have eventually beefed on wax...but still had an unsaid respect for one another. Real talk, you can hear it on Brooklyn's Finest and I Love the Dough, they're not going after one another, but they most definitely are trying to one-up one another verse after verse. Both are from Brooklyn and there can be only one king. More broader, Jay-Z, as we now know, had much bigger aspirations than being just a talented MC that only heads that knew hip-hop gave props. There's no way he'd have emerged from under Big's shadow without some sort of showdown.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jigga wouldn't of been wise to diss da Goat.Biggie woulda rip jigga to shreds just like he did to tupakk after his blatant slander and lies attention ? campaign
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah, jigga wouldn't have sent a shot. They both would have teamed up and started a record label. I think Biggie would have gotten tired of that commercial rap that puffy was trying to branch him into.
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He dead. Get over it
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jigga wouldn't of been wise to diss da Goat.Biggie woulda rip jigga to shreds just like he did to tupakk after his blatant slander and lies attention ? campaign

Explain how biggie ripped Pac into shreds?

PAC was on top of the game

5times plat in two months while big was only stuck at 2xplat and his album was out for two years..

Big never went at Pac while he was alive Big self ETHERED himself

"If Fay had twins she'd probably have 2-Pacs get it 2-Pacs?"
  • bkzlostchild
    bkzlostchild Members Posts: 651 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    phrostface wrote: »
    Glad someone finally made this thread. Walk with me for a moment...

A while back, Marvel Comics created this parallel universe called the "Age of Apocalypse" where Professor X died before creating the X-Men and the mutant Apocalypse took over the world. Perhaps the most ironic twist in this alternate universe was that, Magneto--whom was still alive--ended up adopting Professor X's ideals and put together a collective of mutants to try to fight Apocalypse.

Not to say we're living in a parallel universe where Big wasn't supposed to die, but I oftentimes wonder had he lived, would their careers/relationship played out like the modern day Marvel comics that we know--where Professor X and Magneto fight against one another. Only now, Jig ended up adopting Big's role as KONY whereas if Big were alive, he would have played the primary nemesis. Not to be corny, but Jig did somewhat allude to this on "City is Mine" where he said, "you held it down long enough, lemme take those reigns."

In other words, I think Big and Jig most definitely would have eventually beefed on wax...but still had an unsaid respect for one another. Real talk, you can hear it on Brooklyn's Finest and I Love the Dough, they're not going after one another, but they most definitely are trying to one-up one another verse after verse. Both are from Brooklyn and there can be only one king. More broader, Jay-Z, as we now know, had much bigger aspirations than being just a talented MC that only heads that knew hip-hop gave props. There's no way he'd have emerged from under Big's shadow without some sort of showdown.

What Marvel Comics gots to do with Hov & Big? I'm lost
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Menace_ wrote: »

Explain how biggie ripped Pac into shreds?

PAC was on top of the game

5times plat in two months while big was only stuck at 2xplat and his album was out for two years..

Big never went at Pac while he was alive Big self ETHERED himself

"If Fay had twins she'd probably have 2-Pacs get it 2-Pacs?"

this was the corniest ? he ever said

• mr.october
    mr.october Members Posts: 340 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? he was dissing his ex 4 supposedly ? PAC. I think y'all forget how old these dudes were when they died. They weren't mature men. Nas n big beef would've happened b4 jay n big beef. They would've most likely n the jay n nas thing wouldn't be the beef that Hiphop fans can't 4get or let go of. That hypothetical coulda been the goat battle
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    mr.october wrote: »
    ? he was dissing his ex 4 supposedly ? PAC. I think y'all forget how old these dudes were when they died. They weren't mature men. Nas n big beef would've happened b4 jay n big beef. They would've most likely n the jay n nas thing wouldn't be the beef that Hiphop fans can't 4get or let go of. That hypothetical coulda been the goat battle

Yea ? was happening low key...subliminals were sent

"Who you thought 'Kick in the Door' was for/But that's my heart" -Nas "Last Real ? Alive"

? even the BCC and Biggie would have beefed...that ? was simmering
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont think they would of battled but I think shots would of been thrown back forth similar to how they both did with Nas, probably sometime after Volume 2 when Jay really blew up he probably still would of had the nerve to call himself the king of NY, even though Big is better I think Jay could of won that battle though if it ever did happen, couldnt touch Nas though
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont think they would of battled but I think shots would of been thrown back forth similar to how they both did with Nas, probably sometime after Volume 2 when Jay really blew up he probably still would of had the nerve to call himself the king of NY, even though Big is better I think Jay could of won that battle though if it ever did happen, couldnt touch Nas though

nah biggie would smash jayz .
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if if if...
    u cats ever discuss contemporary hip hop?
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Naw, Jay's ego is way to big (Pun intended)
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would say yes, as for all that Jay track record nonsense, Biggie was his own person and had his own work ethic. For all the people who fell out with Jay-z it's always been some business ? and ? about what Jay doesn't do for them financially, why would Jay and Biggie have financial issues.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think we would of gotten some great ? music if Big was still alive, they probably would of done a couple of Commission albums.
  • vslyke
    vslyke Members Posts: 661 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    Nah, jigga wouldn't have sent a shot. They both would have teamed up and started a record label. I think Biggie would have gotten tired of that commercial rap that puffy was trying to branch him into.

Because Jay clearly wouldn't have been making commercial records:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0yrm2eI2bM
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay Z woulda' become Biggie's blood sacrifice, but Jay Z beat him to it. the fat man lost. R.I.P.