• damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain1 wrote: »
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    What happened to Chyna White though? That ? was too damn gorgeous

She's a hood chef

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=fvwp&v=mSb1MVSqDq0

smash!!!! i aint gone lie @ 1st i thought she was dykin...
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • southernmade
    southernmade Members Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wish this wasnt edited.....ahhh memories, this song started plenty of fights smh...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25f1-Kmew-I

the original......Just a ? (Bia Bia), before luda was added

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRRGiPt_1gA
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the #1 thing that killed Lil Jon's movement was the fact that he didn't have ANY good rappers on his team. Beatwise he's still a King of Crunk. But ALL them ? around him couldn't rap for ? . they just carried gas cans..He only had one ? to spin off with that "Like a ? " song but even that ? was str8 trash after that one song.

To be fair Lil Jon tried to rebound with Ying-Yang Twins and PitBull but it was too late and Pitbull wasn't marketed as a Crunk artist. But at the end of the day Mortimer is still paid in full off his catalog, Ying Yang Twins and Pitbull's catalog.
  • twatgetta
    Options
    lil jon makin mad bread djing now, The best comparison i can really think of is that Italian guy fif signed to guint not to long ago who makes millions to dj

Or DJ Skribble.
  • twatgetta
    Options
    What happened to Chyna White though? That ? was too damn gorgeous

Got pregnant and got out the game.
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    twatgetta wrote: »
    the #1 thing that killed Lil Jon's movement was the fact that he didn't have ANY good rappers on his team. Beatwise he's still a King of Crunk. But ALL them ? around him couldn't rap for ? . they just carried gas cans..He only had one ? to spin off with that "Like a ? " song but even that ? was str8 trash after that one song.

To be fair Lil Jon tried to rebound with Ying-Yang Twins and PitBull but it was too late and Pitbull wasn't marketed as a Crunk artist. But at the end of the day Mortimer is still paid in full off his catalog, Ying Yang Twins and Pitbull's catalog.

Ying Yang wasn't Jon's group
  • twatgetta
    Options

YOu are correct. it was Mr.Collipark, right?
  • CirocObama
    CirocObama Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? said "million to DJ" about that Pauly D lame, lmao. ? i'll throw this keyboard on ya head if you think that's accurate. LMAO at millions to DJ.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    after 2005 his ? was getting mad repetitive and corny as ? glad he aint hot no more ? was getting annoying as hell good thing they pulled the pull on him
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can never say anything bad about lil jon i got sooo many dubs off his tracks thank you lil john for getting the young hoes dancing on young @ghostf4cekilla
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

YOu are correct. it was Mr.Collipark, right?

Yeah
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    many classic tracks crunk music was so fun nd energetic man if u took it super serious u lauced lls. he did have 1 good rapper around him but he didnt make many apperances dat random ? Bo Hagon
  • thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Don't forget trillville,bone crusher and lil scrappy. crunk was just one sound that got played out and all the little southern hype men faded
    The thing that sped up his fall was the over saturation of all the crunk artists trying to do it at the same time.

• Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CirocObama wrote: »
    ? said "million to DJ" about that Pauly D lame, lmao. ? i'll throw this keyboard on ya head if you think that's accurate. LMAO at millions to DJ.

Maybe not millions. But last time I checked it was like $50k a show out here in Vegas. He only does one show a week. Do the math if ya like.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't forget trillville,bone crusher and lil scrappy. crunk was just one sound that got played out and all the little southern hype men faded
    The thing that sped up his fall was the over saturation of all the crunk artists trying to do it at the same time.

This is true. Like people try to say Jon took crunk from 3-6 Mafia. Maybe he took the word from him, but I don't see where his music was anything like theirs honestly. I mean it's all up tempo and high energy, but the sounds were different. I don't think anyone who listened to the music would actually get 3-6 and Lil Jon mixed up. That said, after Jon blew up, a ton of people came out sounding just like him.

Say what you want though, I'd still rather hear Crunk than ringtone rap and this ? that tries to be Hip Hop but is really just as shallow as crunk.

• T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is true. Like people try to say Jon took crunk from 3-6 Mafia. Maybe he took the word from him, but I don't see where his music was anything like theirs honestly. I mean it's all up tempo and high energy, but the sounds were different. I don't think anyone who listened to the music would actually get 3-6 and Lil Jon mixed up. That said, after Jon blew up, a ton of people came out sounding just like him.

Say what you want though, I'd still rather hear Crunk than ringtone rap and this ? that tries to be Hip Hop but is really just as shallow as crunk.

naw he stole Memphis style. He even said it in a old interview. Not in them exact words but he said it
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For all the ? ? who keep neg reacting to my posts, tell me the five elements of hip hop? What is hip hop and what is rap? Especially that remedial case @ptowndonte. Calling ? for what it is, just not a diss you ? morons.
  • real_hh_rep
    real_hh_rep Members Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Stop crying, hip-hop is far better without him. That crunk ? was one of the worst trends in history of hip-hop.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One of the core elements involves the art of mc'ing

Those simple ass rhymes in crunk music contained no art form. just some rowdy abc rhyme to get you wildin

Therefore its rap music.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »

Those simple ass rhymes in crunk music contained no art form. just some rowdy abc rhyme to get you wildin

Therefore its rap music.

Good ass rap none the less

AWWW SKEET SKEET MUTHAFUCKAAA AWW SKEET SKEET ? DAMN!!
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stop crying, hip-hop is far better without him. That crunk ? was one of the worst trends in history of hip-hop.

It was one of the worst trends, but Trap music being made by Gucci Mane and party rap by Soulja Boy takes the cake.
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wild Self wrote: »

It was one of the worst trends, but Trap music being made by Gucci Mane and party rap by Soulja Boy takes the cake.

hmm aint kno he made dat trend....

btw wassnt " party rap " good 4 hip hop?

im pretty sure the 80's was full of "party rap..." there are people that are greats n da game cuz of " party rap" ( fresh prince, kid n play,)
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wild Self wrote: »

hmm aint kno he made dat trend....

btw wassnt " party rap " good 4 hip hop?

im pretty sure the 80's was full of "party rap..." there are people that are greats n da game cuz of " party rap" ( fresh prince, kid n play,)

I mean the cornball ? that doesn't require a 16 bar verse. Back in them days, cats used to spit dope verses in party tracks. Now the standards are so low, that anyone can do that, which makes music garbage as ? . Not to mention the re playability of those records damn near zero.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »

Therefore its rap music.

Except for the fact that most of his big songs featured actual rappers who did provide real lyrics. Just playing devil's advocate. Jon himself would just be a producer/hypeman, but the music he made was arguably Hip Hop due to who he featured.